• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have no news at this time... (*warning* image heavy)

G

I am bored with browsing the forum right now, so I was cleaning out some of my hosted images, and found this one I like. In the year I have been playing, I have never received any reply from a town crier other than "I have no news at this time." I think this one needed to revise her response, though...walking on water seems pretty newsworthy to me.

This one with the lava waterfall, I just like...but I can't remember the location.

If anyone else has an in-game pic that is strange, shows a unique bit of scenery or that they are simply fond of, please show it. I need some entertainment, and I don't want to read old for sale threads or analyze the PBD situation, blessings, imbalances, etc. at the moment!

-Skylark

R

riffraff

I think that lava waterfall is in Gargoyle city. I was wandering around there the other day and saw this guy.. kinda creeped me out!

K

kyrie_m

I used to have a ton of interesting screenies, but my old site host ate all the files =(

These arent really "unusual" screenshots, but they capture one of my best uo memories....

http://www.ianstorm.com/articles/view.aspx?id=11076

My bridesmaids were TrinityX, Siofra, Severina/Fabienne, and Spree
Ru's groomsmen were Asmodi, Malkes, Se'an and Maligor
Kelmo performed the ceremony
Folger gave me away

G

Delilah,

I recall your wedding, although I did not attend the ceremony. It took place not long after I started on Siege, and I remember it because I was talking to Rizarium of KSS, who was supposed to be in the honor guard, and he was running late, and his character had no shoes on

-Skylark

Here is another pic I like. Because of the design of my house, it often appears that things are bathing in my pool on the 2nd floor. A friend parked his dragon downstairs in preparation for a hunt, and when we went upstairs to get supplies, this is what we saw.

I

imported_Castor

what cracked me up about that memorial is that about 2 screens over is an undead spawn. Rest well Gwenno....

G

That is a neat thing, Sevi.

*coughs* and I am not surprised that there is an undead spawn located next to a memorial.

Here are some more I like:

This was one of my first boat rides on Siege, and the first time I ever saw the Serpent Pillar in UO:

<center>
</center>

Stopping to take a break on a hunt in the hedge maze and chat

<center>
</center>

The rotating Christmas party last year, which was so well attended:

<center>
</center>

<center>
</center>

And one of the things that didn't make it into Castor's official report of one of his quests as a KSS inititiate

<center>
</center>

And finally, does anyone know who Horton is?? I remember this incident clearly, but he was not in our party when the initial slaughter took place...must have been a passing victim

<center>
</center>

Come on people...I know you are holding out on some cool pictures. Get with the program before I start flinging stale muffins indiscriminately.

-Skylark

G

I have a few hanging around...

Here we have some screenshots from Abigail Graves' Last Man Standing event. Round one was warriors.

Long live the Orcs and their almighty Krimp!

Now thats a Cluster... ahh.. bunch!

I didn't get any shots of the mage battle because I was in it and using MS Paint for the caps. That was a blast! There were no reagents allowed, but everyone got a random LMC piece.

Next, you see me captured in KRT's Naval Battles. My brother Daric Lethius coming to rescue me.

A bunch of KRT and CWS gathered at Trinsic (when I was KRT ~ August 2003)

Drunk at a picnic I was invited to...

... and so drunk that I apparently began reciting poetry...

Original plans for the KSS city (then called Llavondyss)... however, despite the best laid plans... we were unable to place there.

A quest from the past... here I am, a Centurion of KRT holding Dagashi by the arm while some Shirefolk question him regarding the whereabouts of a phylactery, and a certain elusive villain...

One of the VIL quests... I have been weakened by the vile blade of Vlad Nightmare, so the knights seek the wisdom of the Druid, Donal Mor. He urges us to seek out the Fairie Queen.

A certain wolf I know with one of his kills...

Gathering in respect for our brothers Rigovran and Grot, overseas in Iraq:

My Yellow Army! One night only Siege was up, and a TON of newbies were running around on Siege. I rallied them up and created an army of them. We marched on the orc fort and slew a few villains!

KRT members pose for a picture after meeting our first faction blessed valorite shortspear. Way to screw up a great game OSI!!

What set of pics would be complete without a llama vortex?

G

*hands Py an official MPE card*

I especially like the line up of everyone on their horses looking ready to ride out to war (and I'm glad to see there is a precedent for having a single knight in blaze cloak, and half apron in the ranks), and the group ghost pose. Thanks for adding the descriptions too. Since we are playing a graphics based game, viewing screenies with descriptions is like looking through someone's photo album and listening to them recall the details of the event.

Games are supposed to be fun, and I enjoy hearing about the experiences of others.

-Skylark

P.S. the MPE (muffin-projectile exemption) card is only valid for 72 hours

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

... the good old trinsic invasion ...

... once we could mess around with corspes ...

... a savage quest on the Europa shard ...

... my former hobby on the Europa shard ...

... pappy wanted to plunder my boat while i was fishing treasure ...

G

Wow! How many boats did you collect?

As for Pappy...on land or sea, what won't that naughty boy try to plunder? *shakes head* Nice that you survived the piracy attempt...but alas, poor brown horse, and fish trawler beetle!

-Skylark

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
433 boats or so + some extra that are not locked down. They all have the name of the landlubber and the date of the plundering engraved to the model. Oh memories ...

G

OK...yet another one.

Think Arivia forgot to use Dial? And does anyone know if there is a limit to how many pixel people you can pack on one boat?

-Skylark

G

Here is one from just 2 weeks ago...in case anyone is feeling discouraged and thinking that there is no one around on Siege, this may make you feel differently. When I arrived at the Wintermoor Theater, here are the people I saw:

The cast [in order of appearence]:

You see: Treleao Sayhe [NEW.]
You see: La Cyanotica
You see: Bodacious [NEW.]
You see: Nay Nay [NEW.]
You see: Fidessa Wars [NEW.]
You see: Alariel [NEW.]
You see: Calixta [NEW.]
You see: Miranda [KSS]
You see: SpyderBite
You see: Gianni [NEW]
You see: Magnolia [VmP]
You see: AEowyn
You see: Xavier [KSS]
You see: Dante [KSS]
You see: Nalfein T'sarran [TAX]
You see: Moxas [EB2]
You see: Marx
You see: Kiera Willow [KSS]
You see: John
You see: WyRm [VmP]
You see: WyVeRn [VmP]
You see: Lord Valin
You see: Gilfond Skyling [KSS]
You see: Yoda [VJ]
You see: Enigma [EB2]
You see: Castor [KSS]
You see: Maximus
You see: Felinious [CWS]
You see: Elija spickens [CWS]
You see: Kush [CWS]
You see: Servoria Lethius [KSS]
You see: Pollux
You see: Parker Demchia [EB2]
You see: Siofra [ISS]
You see: Forsaken [REV]
You see: Memnoch [REV]
You see: Paul
You see: GoodGuy [REV]
You see: GonthraX [REV]
You see: Severina [CRG]
You see: Nyx DeVir
You see: Kuzara [CWS]
You see: Weinan Wakayama [WAKA]
You see: HugiBear [WAKA]
You see: BloodLust
You see: Shabba Wakayama [WAKA]
You see: Ibichi Wakayama [WAKA]
You see: Chimera [WAKA]
You see: Papou [WAKA]
You see: Sushi Wakayama [WAKA]
You see: Akane Wakayama [WAKA]
You see: Bishop [CWS]

The corpses [in order of appearance]

You see: a corpse of John
You see: a corpse of Gilfond Skyling
You see: a corpse of AEowyn
You see: a corpse of Xavier
You see: a corpse of John
You see: a corpse of Dante
You see: a corpse of Valin
You see: a corpse of Kiera Willow
You see: a corpse of Castor
You see: a corpse of Felinious
You see: a corpse of Servoria Lethius
You see: a corpse of Kush
You see: a corpse of Pollux
You see: a corpse of Forsaken
You see: a corpse of Memnoch

Sadly, much of the action was out of my view, as I was standing on the porch for much of the battle casting "An Corp" and applying bandages to a steady stream of gray ghosties, when I wasn't running to fetch supplies, so I do not know who else might have been there or had their corspe grace the pristine white streets of Wintermoor. If I overlooked you, it is not intentional. Most people seemed to enjoy the event...either participating in the fights or sitting comfortably upstairs for the show.

-Skylark

P.S. This was not the original intent behind Community Night I will dare say, but it was nice to actually see so much of our community there!

G

Py,

I was able to view all your pictures this morning just fine, but now, they are all showing the dreaded <font color="red">X</font>, which is no fun to look at. Not sure if it is because I am at a different location now or if the links are broken for everyone...

-Skylark

G

They are on Homestead, they aren't gone, its just bandwidth limit I suppose. I dropped the kss-siege site. Hey, you can host em for me if you want! Sorry!

G

Py - sign up for www.photobucket.com its free.

Ok, not sure what I did with my CD of saved UO Photos. *gasp* But here are a few I found:

Dunno why this happened but my character on Chessy showed "uses" for awhile.

Iantown was hoppin' this night. Special guests included Sannio.

Del &amp; Ru's wedding

G

ohh, homestead, that explains it. ok carry on.

*edit*
ya what fab said, photobucket for image hosting.

*more edit*
that or let me know, I'll host for ya.

G

oh and my favorite uo pic i have left after the great hard drive crash of aught three.

M

Mandolin

Alright.. here are a few candid shots during the Brit Invasion from an old news story..

I almost felt sorry for the guy. He really just wanted to make friends while invading Britain. I followed him over to the Fletcher's where he came across a few of his colleagues passing the time in a game of poker.

Grog was getting a little frustrated. He had to see who was in charge around here! He wasn't going to put up with this any longer. Grog was was gonna go see the Big Man!

"Wow! Now that's quite a belly you got there!"

This guy's heart just wasn't in to the invasion it seems..

M

marichessy

Hehe Fab...I remember when your character had uses. Was pretty funny. Always wondered what would happen if you got down to one use....maybe we coulda used some powder of fortification on ya.

That mischevious little wolf marking his territory had me cracking up too...hah! He always seemed so cute when I ran into him....then again I always kept some ribs in my pack for him.

I have a very happy event pic and a sad one.....not many pics on this computer. I'll have to look on my old one for some others....

This one is the knighting ceremony of Kaisa. Was a very touching event.

Alas, this time the tax man went a bit too far in his duties and on the floor lay the cold, motionless body of Iris Sertam. Never to return. God I was so upset that night!!

I'll have to look for some more.....I love looking at screenshots of the old days.

G

Here is one from the Despise Invasion...I love the NPC standing amdist the carnage, and saying "Ahh!" Hey, no kidding buddy! I think my vision was in gray for most of this particular evening...

-Skylark

M

marichessy

nah was rp, but was sad nonethless. Iris really did leave that night, but it wasn't the death.

G

The account went to another KSS member, but it was to be renamed, so we killed the char off RP-style. Then, in a rarely performed Rite of Binding, the soul of Servoria Lethius, trapped by the Lethian arch-enemy, the assassins known as the Gray Hand, was recovered and bound to the body of Iris Sertam.

We just can't simply transfer accounts without finding an opportunity for a quest! That's just how it is with us :p

G

Gareth_WarLand

Here are a few from the not-so-distant past:

First is of Lord British's return which lasted all of one night?

The second is of the paragon harrower last October:

Finally, this guy is getting a little too friendly with his sheep:

G

<blockquote><hr>

Finally, this guy is getting a little too friendly with his sheep:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say that's prolly Kelmo, but that's a goat, not a sheep...

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

G

*laughs*

Now I still don't know what a harrower spawn looks like...but that is quite a lovely mass of white wyrms and dragons...and ewww more severed body parts please? As usual, I see the NPCs added their sparkle..."a scoundrel is committing murder!" News flash!!!

And thanks for posting the pics of the Lord British event...that was probably before I even started playing UO or I may have been simply unaware of it when it took place.

-Skylark

S

Sloan

It cost more then an arm and a leg to bank at Umbra bank.

My favorite vampire striking a pose

Orcs giving some love to tamers.

Kima, Gwyd, and Tibs pwning!

Sure do miss alot of these folks!

Our very own Harry Cult!

G

Here's an ok pic of the paragon harry...

and one of a paragon dark father, harry again, and a paragon sphynx. ;)

G

A paragon Dark Father sounds very...bad. I've never seen one in game before (are they a Doom specific beast?), and have only seen sphynx a couple of times, I think in the Lost Lands. (And no, I don't get out in the wilds and far reaches of Sosaria much, which is another reason I enjoy looking at other people's in-game pics
)

@ Sloan: great pic of Xavier...I only talked to him a couple of times in game, but he seemed like a gentleman, and a great roleplayer, and I have read his guide to Siege...good stuff.

-Skylark

A

Asmodi_Mhul

A Trammy...

..and I think we just found Castor's soulmate

...and speaking of the gods visiting Iantown. I stumbled into Kelmo's tavern one night and lo an behold I find this guy. (Lol, and this was when Asmo was a thief)

G

Ahem...I seem to recall a paperdoll shot of Gabrielle decked out from head to toe in eye-searing blue when the Tokuno majors first came out...I'm still not sure if Sevi hid the dyes from you, for the good of the shard or if you simply came to your fashion senses on your own, but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

-Skylark

G

GonthraX

<blockquote><hr>

You see: Treleao Sayhe [NEW.]
You see: La Cyanotica
You see: Bodacious [NEW.]
You see: Nay Nay [NEW.]
You see: Fidessa Wars [NEW.]
You see: Calixta [NEW.]
You see: Miranda [KSS]
You see: SpyderBite
You see: Gianni [NEW]
You see: AEowyn
You see: Dante [KSS]
You see: Nalfein T'sarran [TAX]
You see: Moxas [EB2]
You see: Marx
You see: Kiera Willow [KSS]
You see: John
You see: WyRm [VmP]
You see: WyVeRn [VmP]
You see: Lord Valin
You see: Gilfond Skyling [KSS]
You see: Yoda [VJ]
You see: Enigma [EB2]
You see: Castor [KSS]
You see: Maximus
You see: Felinious [CWS]
You see: Elija spickens [CWS]
You see: Kush [CWS]
You see: Servoria Lethius [KSS]
You see: Pollux
You see: Parker Demchia [EB2]
You see: Siofra [ISS]
You see: Forsaken [REV]
You see: Memnoch [REV]
You see: Paul
You see: GoodGuy [REV]
You see: GonthraX [REV]
You see: Severina [CRG]
You see: Nyx DeVir
You see: Kuzara [CWS]
You see: Weinan Wakayama [WAKA]
You see: HugiBear [WAKA]
You see: BloodLust
You see: Shabba Wakayama [WAKA]
You see: Ibichi Wakayama [WAKA]
You see: Chimera [WAKA]
You see: Papou [WAKA]
You see: Sushi Wakayama [WAKA]
You see: Akane Wakayama [WAKA]
You see: Bishop [CWS]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats awsome! I remember that =P

G

Gareth_WarLand

Here's one taken at an event when Anissa was possessed and turned into some monster...there was supposed to be a cleansing ceremony but she forgot to turn invulnerability on and got fried as she reached the steps...

G

That was at some event last year when the GM was making paragon whatever-people-requesteds in Lenmir Anfinmoblahblah, err that beach in Ilshenar. The paragon harry lasted for a couple days, there was an asian guild that came over from another shard, where they would actually line up and sacrifice themselves to harry. It was pretty funny. :)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here's one taken at an event when Anissa was possessed and turned into some monster...there was supposed to be a cleansing ceremony but she forgot to turn invulnerability on and got fried as she reached the steps...

[/ QUOTE ]

Her corpse is <font color="purple">purple</font>. They killed Barney!!!

-Skylark

M

Mandolin

ROFL.. I think the names of the NPC's are dynamic aren't they? I could have swore I saw Gaye the Bride last night as well. Dunno which is worse though. *laugh*

G

<blockquote><hr>

ROFL.. I think the names of the NPC's are dynamic aren't they? I could have swore I saw Gaye the Bride last night as well. Dunno which is worse though. *laugh*

[/ QUOTE ]

Gay the Groom?

G

I SO want one of those GM robes...the hot pink scepter is nice too.

-Skylark