• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have an idea to help Avatar Leasing Errors....

• Thread starter Caesar Weezer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Caesar Weezer

Well I'm officially at wits end with this little avatar leasing junk. I was thinking to myself the other day about how this could be fixed, or at least prevented.

I'm no expert but I'll try and explain my thoughts.....

I use AIM and MSN. They have a feature that automatically logs you out of your session if someone else logs in with the same username and password. It pretty much boots you and lets the other person log in.

What if TSO adopted that idea. To my understanding (and again, I'm no expert and I have no idea the real cause of the error), the avatar leasing error is a problem with the server not knowing that you left the property, or have logged out.

So how about when you try to join a property and the server thinks you are already somewhere else, it logs you out and deletes whatever information it has that puts you on a specific lot. Then all ya gotta do is log back in.

Problem solved.......

Any input???

G

TSO already has this feature.
If someone logs in while you are you get Error 23.

For some reason it is not kicking avatar leasing error though.

C

Caesar Weezer

I wonder if logging in in a different version, similar to how people with multiple accounts log in......would force it to reset........hmm.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Sometimes logging in that same account while your sim is still active and stuck in city will boot the stuck sim out of the city. However, this does not always work either.

C

Caesar Weezer

I've tried going back to sim selection screen, and logging out. Both about 10 times.

So what I did was just create another Sim in TC3. that way when my simmy gets stuck I can go sim it up with the new guy.

G

I got the Avatar Leasing Error while leaving a property to go to work. Nothing I tried worked... logging in another sim on the same account, etc. Obviously I couldn't go to the jobsite with my other sim to see if my little grey face was there. I wonder if your idea would work? You get booted from Pogo if someone logs on with your account so why not TSO? It's really frustrating to have to wait until maintenance the next day to be able to play again. I also made another sim so I can at least get back in.