• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have a simple question..

G

I use to play this game .. Way back when… I think the newest content before I quit was those bronze cash machines… and that cool logic game .. I think it was called “war”.

Anyhow the reason I quit was my wife had our kid. But that’s nether here nor there.. My question is.

How do I phrase this *thinks*.. How much continual content is being added to this game?

I guess that’s the right question. When I last played enough to have an opinion (I have none now since I haven’t played long enough to accumulate and accrete read of this new game) I would say the biggest thing was “Free Greening” on holiday’s. That was our “new content” to look forward to.

How active is this new “dev” team compared to the older one, in updates and new content/activity (I guess sub question “a”)?

And when did we get these new devs? Is this a relative new team (last 6 months or so?)

Thanks in advance guys and Ladies!

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dev team is very active now. We hear from them almost everyday and we can create our own objects to add to the game now.

Free Greening is no longer with us but Residence lots are free green all the time.

You should read EA-Land Blog for all of the things that have happened within the past year.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

I use to play this game .. Way back when… I think the newest content before I quit was those bronze cash machines… and that cool logic game .. I think it was called “war”.

Anyhow the reason I quit was my wife had our kid. But that’s nether here nor there.. My question is.

How do I phrase this *thinks*.. How much continual content is being added to this game?

I guess that’s the right question. When I last played enough to have an opinion (I have none now since I haven’t played long enough to accumulate and accrete read of this new game) I would say the biggest thing was “Free Greening” on holiday’s. That was our “new content” to look forward to.

How active is this new “dev” team compared to the older one, in updates and new content/activity (I guess sub question “a”)?

And when did we get these new devs? Is this a relative new team (last 6 months or so?)

Thanks in advance guys and Ladies!

[/ QUOTE ]

We get updates weekly. The dev team is very active they usually post daily if not then every other day.

We can create our own content (custom content) as of 3/27/08 only pictures, chairs, sculptures and we can skin our beds and painting frames with our pictures.

There will be many new features coming to EALand.

Since TSO closed we have one huge map consisted of all of the old cities in one big map with 2 new maps (TC3 map and the never before used Ocean's Edge map) as well as 2 maps that we can not use right now that are one of the lost cities.

Players can create new features and post them on the game wiki, http://www.game-blueprints.com .

The developers blog is called TSO-E and can be found here www.tso-e.com/blog

There is also a game currently going on to earn a rare lava game lamp this game requires bartering,buying or trading, cards of the same color and/or #.

We are also changing the name of the simolean, with player made suggestions which will be voted on this or next week.

EA-Land (formerly TSO) will also eventually turn into 3d graphics like The Sims 2, this was said by the devs.

So in summary, lots of stuff is changing and has changed since the old TSO. We cant wait to see more new and returning players.

Also, you can now play free with some limitations for as long as you wish, just go here, www.tso-e.com.

G

Wow... Uh. You know... I think I'm going to be a paying player soon. Dam.. With all this stuff happing how can you not reward the new dev team? *blinks*

I

imported_Danny Dots

You should rejoin! TSO/EA Land hasn't been this good since Beta Days! The new dev team rocks, they are informative and they communicate with us. It's much better then the days when you quit!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wow... Uh. You know... I think I'm going to be a paying player soon. Dam.. With all this stuff happing how can you not reward the new dev team? *blinks*

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely, definitely, come on back! *Many* of the old-time players that had left when things were stagnated are coming back....some on free accounts at first and then upgrading to premium, others just straight on into premium. There's big time advantages to going straight into premium right now through April 30th. Read here about Amnesty, EA Land Founder status and changes to TSO Founder status guidelines Big, exciting news indeed!

S

SugarCane

"we can skin our beds"

We can? I must have missed that - anybody has a link?

Ty!

G

Since when can we do beds? Maybe it's in TC3? No idea i want a link to that one too pretty please

G

<blockquote><hr>

How much continual content is being added to this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of new content all the time - they are really being active.

A lot of their work right now is "fixing" everything - this game was first designed so long ago, so it's probably a mess programming-wise. They are upgrading it to Direct X 9 and modernizing it.

At the same time they are adding a lot of new content and new features.
It's definitely worth being a part of all this.
Hoping they can pull it off.

It's also one of the (few) games where you can add your own content.

G

Ok.. You guys convinced me! Today I signed up two accounts one for me and one for my wife (I think I can get her to play). *chuckles* Bad timing tho hu? With the server down :p.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

Ok.. You guys convinced me! Today I signed up two accounts one for me and one for my wife (I think I can get her to play). *chuckles* Bad timing tho hu? With the server down :p.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you still have the old account infos just log in with them as returning player. you will get back all your skill locks to the entitled days and also all anniversary gifts with the amnesty program

G

If you played way back when and remember your log in information, now would be a time to use it, they have a amensty program for returning players that should be in place by the end of April 2008. This will give you the entitled days (ie. my entitled days are 850+) and if you received anniversary gifts and it is supposed to also give you all your accrued skill locks. Read more about the amensty program on the forum. And Welcome Back!!! Good to see returning players!!!!

F

FAX QUEEN7

Someone pls tell me if EA Land is down... I cant find a blog or thread about it. I sign on but its all grey... Anyone know?

G

I read this post and look over at EAL and lo and behold theres Joely!

Nice to meet you.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Welcome to the game! Its changed a ton! There are a few bugs and problems here an there mainly because EA-Land is still in "Beta" but its not a huge problem.

I hope you enjoy the game and have fun! Once again welcome!

J

jasminemoon

MARCIN2006 said: <blockquote><hr>

There is also a game currently going on to earn a rare lava game lamp this game requires bartering,buying or trading, cards of the same color and/or #. "

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been back almost a week and have not gotten anything in inventory regarding the "current" game, or the orange one before that. Nor have I received anything in my mailbox from the devs AND my inventory is empty.

As someone who has been playing the Lava Lamp "game"; how does one so new go about: bartering, buying, or trading cards?

I wish a dev could answer these questions for me, maybe it's because I came in as a paying player after the game already started??!!

Is there something I can do right NOW, to help me play the "game" that is coming up???!!

Jasmine

I

imported_MARCIN2006

The 2nd challenge for the Lava game is over.

You can not get it anymore.

I am sorry but you are too late for the 1st and 2nd challenge the third challenge is coming soon.

The next game, the third challenge has not yet begun and the cards have not been distributed so please wait until later this week for the game to begin. Do not panic!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Someone pls tell me if EA Land is down... I cant find a blog or thread about it. I sign on but its all grey... Anyone know?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a new forum for game updates/down times messages from the Team....this is the first place you should check, now, when wondering if the game is up or not.

<font color="blue">Messages from EA </font>(read only)

G

<blockquote><hr>

MARCIN2006 said: <blockquote><hr>

There is also a game currently going on to earn a rare lava game lamp this game requires bartering,buying or trading, cards of the same color and/or #. "

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been back almost a week and have not gotten anything in inventory regarding the "current" game, or the orange one before that. Nor have I received anything in my mailbox from the devs AND my inventory is empty.

As someone who has been playing the Lava Lamp "game"; how does one so new go about: bartering, buying, or trading cards?

I wish a dev could answer these questions for me, maybe it's because I came in as a paying player after the game already started??!!

Is there something I can do right NOW, to help me play the "game" that is coming up???!!

Jasmine

[/ QUOTE ]

You signed up too late for the orange game, and the yellow game has not started yet. It is supposed to start 'next Wedneday', from what I was told yesterday. I'm unclear by whether that meant this coming Wed or the Wed after, we shall see

When MARCIN said "currently going on" I'm sure he meant the series of games as a whole is currently going on, not that literally there is a game going on RIGHT NOW lol.