• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I have a dream

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That one day the keys/rooms for the roof will last longer than one run. Maybe a day, a couple of days but anything longer than one run.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The thinking behind this was...or is..I should say..

That the artifacts that you get from doing the roof are so amazingly leet...Phat Lootz as I think Kyronix called them...that he didn't want people to be able to farm them and get super uber amazing...hence the reason you have to complete each room before the roof each time.

It's just like Doom was back in the day..having to go room to room killing the spawn before the dark fathers appeared...

I agree with this system and enjoy doing it with my guildies. The rooms are not overly difficult and fun to complete. The roof is not super hard but not super easy either...and though I've done it dozens of times and have only gotten 1 artifact (Yes I use a luck suit) I still enjoy it.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That the artifacts that you get from doing the roof are so amazingly leet...Phat Lootz as I think Kyronix called them...that he didn't want people to be able to farm them and get super uber amazing...hence the reason you have to complete each room before the roof each time.

It's just like Doom was back in the day..having to go room to room killing the spawn before the dark fathers appeared...

I agree with this system and enjoy doing it with my guildies. The rooms are not overly difficult and fun to complete. The roof is not super hard but not super easy either...and though I've done it dozens of times and have only gotten 1 artifact (Yes I use a luck suit) I still enjoy it.
I enjoy it don't get me wrong, maybe I am just too use to easy mode (world of warcraft). Though doing it with guild is nice, and I don't care about the loot myself. I stopped farming gear long ago.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Feel like I'm being left out since I can't get my guildies to do it.... we did it 3 times now.. and each time NO ONE got a damn thing but me 1 time. First time we completed it I got a drop.... never saw any since and now they won't go back. I want to and keep 3 characters ready to go but no one to go with.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sorry to hear that Mal...I go regardless of getting a drop just because I enjoy doing it! I like the challenge and learning new, better and more effective ways to klil off the main bosses.

Usually it's me on my tamer with my greater dragon (Only time I use the poor fella!) and 2 mystic mages...if we bring a 4th it's usually a necro mage, they work wonders!

I manage to loot probably just enough to cover the insurance for the 100+ times I die lol, and get some pretty good legendary pieces off the final boss.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy it don't get me wrong, maybe I am just too use to easy mode (world of warcraft). Though doing it with guild is nice, and I don't care about the loot myself. I stopped farming gear long ago.
if you could do it all day, there would be no reason to do it. the drops would be so cheap people would be much more likely to just buy them. the only reason to do the roof then would be to farm legendaries, which Kyronix also specifically took precations against by only having legendaries drop on the roof encounter as opposed to the smaller room bosses.

i agree the rooms are tedious after doing it a few times, but its a very hard thing to balance that tedium with destroying the content entirely. i think its a nice change from the "keying system" weve seen in past peerless. you can do the rooms very casually and then the roof whenever you get to it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I could get 1 change to the process, it would be this:

At the end of each room, each character would receive a key.
Keys would be account bound.
Keys would have no timer.

To enter the roof, each character in the party would need a set of keys in their pack.

This change would enable two things.
1. Players could use characters best suited for each encounter without being bound to that character for other rooms or the roof.
2. Players could stock up on keys during off playing time and save roof encounters for when it is easier to get a group together.

Overall, similar to Exodus without the randomness of monster drops for keys or the expiration of keys. But by keeping the keys account bound, you ensure each account still needs to complete the content to participate in the roof.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oh I think doing the rooms are fun. I like the canal and bar. It can get hectic in some depending on how many are in the rooms. Im always helping someone else do the rooms they need doing for our next outing.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I'm saying is I kinda wish they lasted longer than one run, even if it was two for me it would be just a little better. I don't farm gear or even grind for it. But I am willing to accept it for what it is and go on. It was just a dream :D

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I could get 1 change to the process, it would be this:

At the end of each room, each character would receive a key.
Keys would be account bound.
Keys would have no timer.

To enter the roof, each character in the party would need a set of keys in their pack.

This change would enable two things.
1. Players could use characters best suited for each encounter without being bound to that character for other rooms or the roof.
2. Players could stock up on keys during off playing time and save roof encounters for when it is easier to get a group together.

Overall, similar to Exodus without the randomness of monster drops for keys or the expiration of keys. But by keeping the keys account bound, you ensure each account still needs to complete the content to participate in the roof.
I would LOVE this.

Oh I think doing the rooms are fun. I like the canal and bar. It can get hectic in some depending on how many are in the rooms. Im always helping someone else do the rooms they need doing for our next outing.
Honestly, I find them boring. But I will admit I've done it over & over, to the point where I can do it all in my sleep. Only thing that keeps me coming back (besides the loot) is hoping I get a damn Demon/Undead Enchantress Cameo to drop in my pack...which means my next drop will probably be ANOTHER Wamap's Bone Earrings.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'd rather they give some other encounters some love. doom, the peerless, even the spawns. seems like so much of the old lore of this game gets discarded.

i'm new to the roof and i will say that at least it's not a grind. too many grinds in recent times for my liking.

would be good to have some more solo encounters that drop good stuff as well.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry to hear that Mal...I go regardless of getting a drop just because I enjoy doing it! I like the challenge and learning new, better and more effective ways to klil off the main bosses.

Usually it's me on my tamer with my greater dragon (Only time I use the poor fella!) and 2 mystic mages...if we bring a 4th it's usually a necro mage, they work wonders!

I manage to loot probably just enough to cover the insurance for the 100+ times I die lol, and get some pretty good legendary pieces off the final boss.
How many ways can you learn to kill a boss with a greater dragon ? :p