• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I hate to say it, but....

T

TKSpeedy1

Reset doesn't seem to help matters. I still lag. And yes, I have deleted my CC cache...I almost crashed my computer doing it, but it was done.

G

i've noticed that if you're at a house with a lot of cc... it makes the lag a lot worse
also, if there are over 15 people, it's quite laggy too
plus with all the merges, and everyone playing in the same city basically... probably doesn't help, lol

G

I was suffering from alittle lag but the game was still playable.

G

The lag seems to be related to how many avatars are playing in the same grid on the map. If for instance all of the top 10 lots are in the AV grid, then those houses are gonna stay fuller and people in them will lag like a son of a gun. The only solution to this to take care to go to skill and money lots on other city grids and help them jump up on the list so that the top 10 list will be more evenly distributed amongst the various grids now that all the cities have merged. I got that info from a post that one of the devs made on it and that's basically what was said, that even though the cities are merged, the lag in one grid can get bad if all the players flock to it.

G

That would make sense because I believe the robot factory is in the JP grid. And for the most part that's where the majority of the 100'ers are.

G

Actually the job lots arent really in any map. They dont exist until someone goes to work. Greg explained all this to me once, its the fact that they are unanchored lots that makes me wonder if its why they have more lag. I brought that up to him just the other day, he said something along the lines of hmmm I'll have to think about that.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Reset doesn't seem to help matters. I still lag. And yes, I have deleted my CC cache...I almost crashed my computer doing it, but it was done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed a big change in the lag since the reset. I teach and it would get so bad in the evenings that it would make the teaching impossible. I as so glad they have it fixed.

I

imported_MattelMichele

I have noticed that while entering certain cc stores i get hung up at 50% and eventually have to cancel my landing, which takes me back to the select a sim screen.

S

swissmoonbeam

I agree, there is still a lot of lag. And I was in my house with only one other person last night and I have NO cc, and we still had lag

Well, hopefully they'll figure it out eventually....I personally think that maybe merging all the cities was not the best idea...if indeed they've been merged onto 1 or 2 servers. Probably more servers means less lag??? My guess is that it's clogging up the system with everyone playing.

Just a thought...

G

Well I think it's a couple of reasons why we have so much lag. Everyone playing on 1 server has to do with it. The other reason I think is we have so many new players in the game. We have everyone from the old cities in 1 spot plus all the new players. Add in the free accounts (both new players and free accounts set up by paying players) and there are a ton of people here.

M

mameloot

But lag isn't uniform even on the same lot.
Several times over the past weekend, one person on a busy lot would be having bad lag, and everyone else had no lag to speak of.

I had no lag at all, and I was in busy areas the whole time. One person (different each time) would complain about the horrible lag, but everyone else in the room responded, "what lag?"

landing issues is seperate from lag. Yes, I've had landing issues going into high CC lots. If you wait it out, the 50% will eventually go up. It just took me waiting and not getting impatient and clicking cancel. If I cancelled, I still had to wait on the next try. So go make a cup of (decaf) coffee and give it a chance to complete. It seems to be associated with loading in all that CC.

mame

G

Well whatever they are doing, the lag, at least to me, isn't as bad. Yes I had some yesterday at the restaurant but other than that the lag came and went fairly quickly. Mind you, I just defraged my hard drive and cleaned my PC up so that might have helped out. But, I am not telling peoeple "It's your hardware... go buy a $4,000 machine and you will be fine." lol.