• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I hate roofs!

• Thread starter imported_Risso
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Risso

I'm having a hell of a time trying to put the roof on my house, I've read guides, watched videos the lot! My problem appears to be the fact that I've built my eastern wall right on the edge of the plot. Is there a way I could get at least a flush roof to save me having to redo the whole house?

L

Lord Woody

Gee. thats a real sweet Garden you got there
I also use The rubble ruins for Garden walls they are perfect for that.

A Europa player.

G

Theres not really a good roof to go flush, esp if you are using thick walls. Maybe post some pics to help figure out what to do?

G

Thanks!

I took that screenie after one of the patches a while back, in which apparently they made a weird change to how the large wooden containers position. For nearly 2 years, I had those containers flush against the west wall on the floor below, and it worked perfectly. I unlocked them to do some moving, and no matter what I tried, I could not re-place them flush against the western wall where they had previously been. I had to put them 1 tile east of the wall, and raise them with the deco tool to look like they were flush with the west wall...at which point to my horror I discovered they now poke through to desecrate my roof garden! (You can see the tops by the fountains in the pic).

That roof, which is on the first house I built in UO, has served me well, as I used it for all my pixel baking, and plant growing activities (at one time, the entire perimeter of the garden had growing plants in pots on shelves - those crates & chests on the northern wall had all my potions and plant resources/seeds stored in sorted color coded backpacks).

-Skylark

G

Here's my rather modest roof garden

I've seen more elaborate ones, but I like it.

S

Sabbath

Are the miniature houses to scale vs. their larger counterparts? If so you can really get a good understanding of just how big a castle really is by looking in Petra's garden. It's enormous! Nice roof by the way!

I

imported_Risso

Unsurprisingly the flush roof looked terrible
so I redid the whole house and then ended up tearing it down
Too many new ideas!