• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I Grew Another Fire Red New Plant !!

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
* claps loudly *​

Another new plant sprouted today. I noticed while watering and it is from the naturalist quest / fire seed.

It is another cactus plant to my dismay as they are my least favorite plant but I (we) have the answer now.

This was not planned and my fear is that it will only be cactus as that named plant is the only new name having the same name as older plant type.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The old cacti include an additional identifier in front of "cactus" though - tribarrel cactus, barrel cactus, prickly pear cactus - don't they?

So hopefully we'll have a chance at the other plant types too...it's VERY strange though that you've ended up with two of them already! :confused:

L

Lesa

Did you only do the Naturalist quests for the fire seed? Or did you also do the 4-part naturalist quest?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new cactus is the only new plant that can be grown to deco mode while locked down.

Maybe thats why it is part of that quest.

The game thinks it is one of the old plants?

Kinda weird that you did the quest and only grew that type.

I have 5 fire reds growning now.

L

Lord Drakelord

Did you only do the Naturalist quests for the fire seed? Or did you also do the 4-part naturalist quest?
to get the fire seed you have to vist 5 nest, your quest is for 4, the 5th nest is only accessble by green thorn on sanded beach areas.

F

feath

I've found you can put the green thorn in ANY sandy area. I use the sandy area of ant lions. ;)

L

Lesa

to get the fire seed you have to vist 5 nest, your quest is for 4, the 5th nest is only accessble by green thorn on sanded beach areas.

Yes, but what i was asking is: did she ONLY do the fire seed quest (5-part quest), or did she stop at the forth nest (4-part quest) as well...and possibly get the other rare colors on the new plant.

Also if this is possible then the dev's could adjust the code names of the plants (without making new art)... if thats what happened,to include the new plants in the rare seed quest :)

P

Prodigal Son

I was going to post the same thing. I woke up to a fire red cactus planet this morning.

K

Katlene

i have a bunch of rare seeds at home that are definitly before the new plants came in.
In the next couple of days i will plant a few and see what happens

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dang sounds like there all going to be cacti. A tree would have been cool.
I wish they would add them all but I would like them to get this colors instead: Fire, Ice white, bloodred and black like burned.

R

Rix/\

After the first find about the fire cactus I did the quest about 20 times gathering several of each rare color. I did have a the new fire cactus come up but the the other colors were the old school cactus. But that was out of 2 each color I have more due in next 2-3 days.

X

Xevious

When I first heard about the fire cactus, I ran out and gathered 20 fire seeds over 2 days. The first one popped today (2 double growths :D), and is a(nother) new fire cactus. Not looking good. :sad4:

E

elrond_uo

i also had 2 of the fire cactus pop out today out of 30 seeds, now these were the only 2 seeds that popped,with atleast 10 due to pop tomarow, im still hoping for a dif plant as i dont like the cactus.
but reading this thread well it dont look like ill get 1

L

Lord Drakelord

When you first reported the 2nd fire plant, I went and did the five nest part of the quest to get seeds. I did the quest twice, planting both seeds the same day. Here are my results on day seven.

G

Gwenyth

I planted 2 fire seeds, 1 pink seed and 1 aqua seed. They all bloomed today and my results are tracking with everyone else. Both fire seeds are the new cactus, the pink is a tribarrel cactus and the aqua is a single barrel cactus.