• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] I gots a complaint!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This forum is not nub-friendly! :dunce:

Questions:
What is a 'texture pack'? What ones are available? What do they look like? Where do I get them? How do I install one? Do I need to do anything different for it to work with Pinco's UI

What is an 'icon pack'? What ones are available? What do they look like?
Where do I get them? How do I install one? Do I need to do anything different for it to work with Pinco's UI

I realise you probably answered all these questions way back when people first started modding, but they aren't answered in the stickies and for anyone just starting to use the client, it's like coming into a movie half way through and trying to understand the plot.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This forum is not nub-friendly! :dunce:

Questions:
What is a 'texture pack'? What ones are available? What do they look like? Where do I get them? How do I install one? Do I need to do anything different for it to work with Pinco's UI

What is an 'icon pack'? What ones are available? What do they look like?
Where do I get them? How do I install one? Do I need to do anything different for it to work with Pinco's UI

I realise you probably answered all these questions way back when people first started modding, but they aren't answered in the stickies and for anyone just starting to use the client, it's like coming into a movie half way through and trying to understand the plot.
The texture packs are package containing just new skin for EC. The one that you can download from my website can be installed directly into my UI folder by replacing file. In alternative you can use the "-txpack=<TEXTURENAME>" as parameter on my UI Patcher to automatically install a Texture Pack and keep it updated :p

The Icon Pack is just a set of icons that will replace the default ones. Like the texture packs, the ones available in my website are compatible with my UI.
To install an icon pack just extract into the UI folder and replace when asked :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As Pinco said, a "Texture Pack" is a "UI Skin" that only replaces the look of a UI.

A UI mod/package (such as Pinco's) is a full UI system that replaces the default UI by changing current features and adding new ones.

An Icon pack is a set of player made icons that include and add on to the default icons in the client.

For Pinco's UI, I have created (or modified) two main texture packs: Copper and Third Dawn both downloadable at Pinco's site.

Icon packs I have done are Third Dawn Icons and Dermott's Icons (Third Dawn are also part of the Third Dawn Texture Pack and Dermott's are part of Copper) again at Pinco's site.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what do they look like??

I keep following links to try to see what I'm downloading and all I find is
No Screenshots Available
Screen shots on here aren't much help because people have one texture pack with a different icon pack and some default bits and how does a novice tell which bits are what?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you muchly, that was very helpful.
Contrary as always I ended up with Nalif's and then went and messed it about a bit. There are some icons missing :( I'd quite like to have a try at filling in the gaps, but I'm not sure how to make the ones with text on when I haven't got the ultima online classic font installed on the pc. Nor can I find anywhere to download it to install it :(

This is what I have now:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you muchly, that was very helpful.
Contrary as always I ended up with Nalif's and then went and messed it about a bit. There are some icons missing :( I'd quite like to have a try at filling in the gaps, but I'm not sure how to make the ones with text on when I haven't got the ultima online classic font installed on the pc. Nor can I find anywhere to download it to install it :(

This is what I have now:

you can try to contact nalif in order to ask if intend to make the new icons OR if you want to make them, you can find the font in the "fonts" folder of my UI ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. I'd like to have a try at doing it myself. Can you spot the odd one out that I made myself in the piccie? :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tweaked a bit, and filled in the gaps, and is there a way to add icons? I made a few of my own, I didn't know how to add them in, so I overwrote some of the numbers. I don't need 29 numbers :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tweaked a bit, and filled in the gaps, and is there a way to add icons? I made a few of my own, I didn't know how to add them in, so I overwrote some of the numbers. I don't need 29 numbers :D

add icons requires the editing of some scripts and it's not so quick :p

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is what I am doing also

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not at the moment Pinco I have enough going on :) for now i will just use the 1 to 29 numbers :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will add your modded package to the download area, if you need more icons just ask so I'll put them available for everyone (for the happyness of dermott) ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a bit of gentle arm-twisting from one of the Stratics mods I've had a try at making some supplemental icons for the Decors set.
If anyone fancies being guinea pig and trying them out you'll find them here:
http://uo.stratics.com/tools/DecorsSupplemental.zip

Pinco, the package I put up only includes the missing items, not the full icon pack. It's a supplement for someone who already has the main pack.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a bit of gentle arm-twisting from one of the Stratics mods I've had a try at making some supplemental icons for the Decors set.
If anyone fancies being guinea pig and trying them out you'll find them here:
http://uo.stratics.com/tools/DecorsSupplemental.zip

Pinco, the package I put up only includes the missing items, not the full icon pack. It's a supplement for someone who already has the main pack.
well since nalif seems not updating it anymore I've added the package with your addition to the download area in this manner now is complete :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
about the decors addtions...
the style match very well with the orginal decor's ones, good work! :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to admit I got hooked, I found creating them very absorbing. I'm trying hard to resist the temptation to try to make a full set of my own. Perhaps it's a good job I don't have the technical knowhow to do textures rolleyes:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you just gave me an idea... :D

will requires lot of work, but will allow to make texture packs by only changing the images :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I decided I maybe should make a screenshot, and in doing so found I'd screwed up. 4 files are in the wrong folder, one has an incorrect name and 2 rune locations were missing. I've put all those right and re-uploaded. I also seem to have missed an entire section (slayer instruments), but I've not had time to address that yet. Here's the screenie: