• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

i got to thinking...... might need a dev to answer this one

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, so i got to thinking.

if a fella goes into the twisted wealdy place and pokes fun at a satyr he will (eventually) put you into discrod.

now, we know (from what the devs told us a few weeks ago in the FoF) that you wont gain any faster while in discrod, BUT you can gain off of lesser items

example, if your 90 lockpicking you can go into discord and then you can work effectivlly off of 60 tinker made boxes.

ok.
so we all know this.

but here is my question.

crafters.
if you go in there and make an item..... does it go off of your real skill or off of your discorded skill.

i know the simple answer that we would all say is the discorded skill.... but we dont write the code, so the answer could go either way, it all on what the person that made the code did.

im just curious about this.
i guess one way to test it would be to run a 120 smith in there and go into discord then make something and see if it gets labeld GM exceptional with your name.

but even then, that must just trigger the part of the code that does your name on the item, the item itself might still hold the skill level of your real skill.

anyone have any thoughts on this?

G

I think it would be hard to test this out without an anvil and forge. The disco timer only lasts about 10 seconds, so not like you can get disco'd then run out. Would work to do it with a tailor tho.

I believe it assumes that your disco'd skill is your skill level as far as item difficulty goes. That is how it works for everything I've ever trained using that method.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, all you have to do is test it with a TAILOR.

And, as long as you stay on the same screen as the satyr, and only temporarily go invis (or out and back in) to break the aggro, the disco will last as long as you stay within about 6 or 8 steps of him.

I

imported_Sarphus

gain chance goes off success rate... success rate is determined by a number of modifiers including talisman, adjusted skill lvl, etc.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Is this game mechanics wise... intended or just like guard wacking a champ spawn boss it is something to be fixed?

Basically... is this legit?

I find it funny that many use "special" advantages... well, I guess knowledge is power... or in this case... it is Skill.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

Is this game mechanics wise... intended or just like guard wacking a champ spawn boss it is something to be fixed?

Basically... is this legit?

I find it funny that many use "special" advantages... well, I guess knowledge is power... or in this case... it is Skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

the little 'secrets' of UO