• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I got the best birthday gift ever.

Zero

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A cloth UO map! Complete with UO pin! Behind glass and framed with tiny golden serpent scales.

I missed the original launch edition, so this is just extra special amazing. As if it wasn't already.

Now to get my girlfriend playing herself... *schemes and plots and ponders*

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This thread is really disappointing. I can think of *many* better birthday gifts a girlfriend can provide ;-)

Grats on your map, I think I threw mine away in 99 :(

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have that map, way back then i was having trouble trying to figure out which town was what so i took a sharpie and translated the names of the towns below with the sharpie!

in my defense back in 1997-1998 i would have never imagined id still be playing the same game!

your girlfriend did a crazy nice job of getting that framed!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm a little shocked they got that pin into the wood. It's like pewter or something and it breaks and bends really easy. At least mine is. Mines still in the little plastic bag cause I figured it would break if I ever wore it. But that really looks great. I'm tempted to frame mine now. I painted and redid the living room a few months ago and have a lot of areas I'm looking for just the right thing to put there. So far I've just put up a couple movie posters and a clock :p The old room was covered in stuff and the Spartan look is very relaxing now. The old room reminded me of an old English cottage where every inch of space had a picture on it. Still recovering from that. I wondered why someone would leave all that then I realized all the pictures where like crap torn from magazines and framed lol. Then there was like a million different hangers that needed to be filled and ground down. It was a real nightmare. But I might be able to hang a couple things without having a nightmare. Just bored and rambling.... move along :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Indeed get that girl into UO... teach her the finer points taming, crafting, house design and deco... and then PvP and PvM.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would assume but have you actual held on of those pins? lol Plus he said a gurl made it ;)
As someone who has helped make countless bolo ties from pins and mounting them on to a stone back it could be glued. Let me explain, okay you take a Dremel tool
and use the cutting disc and cut off the "pin" part of the pin. Then you smooth the stump down with the appropriate sanding tip. Next the "pinless" pin is glued to the stone
with a strong craft glue. I have used hot glue but had a variety of hot glue failures. I have used J. B. Weld it holds well but it's a freaking mess!
The two part epoxy is a 50/50 crap shoot and if its humid. . . your are sooo screwed! It takes forever to set in high humidity. I have had the best luck with E6000 it work quite well.
For those you wondering about Krazy Glue, only thing I glued with it was my finger to the freakin' table!

This is just one suggestion on how it could have been done.

And Lucky we "Gurls" can do lots of things. I challenge you to come muck my horse stall, unload 100 lbs of horse feed, load-haul-unload thirty, 60 lb square bales of hay? All the while having a 1500-1800 lb horse up in your space. My horse is a sweetheart but he's a freakin kling-on.

You up for the challenge?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
As someone who has helped make countless bolo ties from pins and mounting them on to a stone back it could be glued. Let me explain, okay you take a Dremel tool
and use the cutting disc and cut off the "pin" part of the pin. Then you smooth the stump down with the appropriate sanding tip. Next the "pinless" pin is glued to the stone
with a strong craft glue. I have used hot glue but had a variety of hot glue failures. I have used J. B. Weld it holds well but it's a freaking mess!
The two part epoxy is a 50/50 crap shoot and if its humid. . . your are sooo screwed! It takes forever to set in high humidity. I have had the best luck with E6000 it work quite well.
For those you wondering about Krazy Glue, only thing I glued with it was my finger to the freakin' table!

And Lucky we "Gurls" can do lots of things. I challenge you to come muck my horse stall, unload 100 lbs of horse feed, load-haul-unload thirty, 60 lb square bales of hay? All the while having a 1500-1800 lb horse up in your space. My horse is a sweetheart but he's a freakin kling-on.

Women are always so defensive :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

On a serious note.. everything else has been in jest btw :) I actually grew up on a farm and we had a horse. I have some great pictures of us together somewhere. A lot of my stuff is misplaced since we moved but they're in a box downstairs somewhere. He wasn't a work horse. He mostly just hung around :) Best part is he really liked me but would bite most people especially if he didn't know them. Every time someone would lean on his fence I just kept quiet and watched him come walking up real slow and easy knowing he was about to put a chomp on them lol. Dad usually ruined the fun. So I know what your talking about. Horses are a ton of work and expense these days, I don't see myself getting another. Plus my main house is in the city lol But ya I've been there.