• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I got suckered out of 15 simoleans (or whaever they're called now) last night

T

TKSpeedy1

I imed a roomie at a place last night to tell him I liked the concept of his place. We were iming and joking around about how broke we were (I had started with $0 last night and finally managed to make $35 after telemarketing for a while. So the guy I was iming invited me over to see the place. I went and he moved to another room and asked me to follow him. St*pid me did it twice. Both times I had to go through pay doors. Ok, I know..shame on me for falling for it twice...but it just makes me mad that someone would use another player like that just to get money. That was just mean.

G

Didn't you have to click something to agree to pay it? That's the way I recall pay doors working. No one can go through unless they click "yes" or whatever the response is.

T

TKSpeedy1

Yeah...that's why I admitted it was dumb of me to do it...The part that made me mad was that the guy KNEW I only had $35. He KNEW I was at a money house trying to make money when he invited me over. I thought he just genuinely wanted me to see his place for a minute or I wouldn't have left what I was doing. And even if he didn't know how much a person has, inviting someone over to see his place when he just wants to get them to go through pay doors is just mean. Even if I or others he does this to refuse to do it, it was still mean on his part. If he wanted people to help him out, all he had to do was put a tip jar out and ask nicely for people to tip. Heck, if I had extra money and could've helped him out a bit, I would've if he'd asked nicely.

G

It's underhanded that this guy did this, no doubt about it BUT clicking "OK" on windows that pop up without reading them is kinda like clicking "I accept" on the ToS without reading it......The thread is aptly titled though, I'm glad you said suckered instead of scammed. It's not right to sucker people just because they might be more trusting than others......not by any means, but nor is it the same as an out and out scam so I am glad you didn't call it one. These are lessons we all had to learn at one point in our playing days, I'm just glad for your sake that it was 15 simoleans instead of 1500 or 15,000 even....all in all a pretty inexpensive way to learn a bad lesson
. It would be so cool if the game were only made up of honest, hard-working and eager-to-help-others people, but since this is a life simulation game I don't think it ever will be that way, because morals can't be enforced in the ToS very much, only in extreme cases.....the rest of the time we're forced to just watch out for ourselves and even adopt a certain level of paranoia or weariness when really we shouldn't have to. I don't understand how anybody could get a kick out of cheating somebody out of something they worked hard for in a game, no matter how little amount of simolenas it is, and thusly thwarting or even ruining their pleasure in the game.

T

TKSpeedy1

Oh, I freely admit I was stupid..that was never in question. That's why I titled the thread how I did. The point of my post, though, was just what you said. It's not right for someone to do that. And I also don't understand how people can get a kick out of doing it. And this person knows everyone is basically in the same boat right now. We're all broke. That just makes it worse in my book.

G

<blockquote><hr>

BUT clicking "OK" on windows that pop up without reading them is kinda like clicking "I accept" on the ToS without reading it......

[/ QUOTE ]

You honestly read those things?

*cough*nolife*COUGH**COUGH*

G

lol too funny:) i read parts of the tos lol

least you only lost 15 simoleans, before i had my first cup of coffee this morn, i went to my store and was gonna set out things from my inventory onto lot to sell, but somehow ended up in buy mode and set out a chess table for 15k lol
worked three sims all day and didnt even come close to making up for that mistake
) but at least i have nobody to blame but myself for that one
) live and learn they say:)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

BUT clicking "OK" on windows that pop up without reading them is kinda like clicking "I accept" on the ToS without reading it......

[/ QUOTE ]

You honestly read those things?

*cough*nolife*COUGH**COUGH*

[/ QUOTE ]

I read them ... but I read everything.

Today I was at a skill house that had greening rooms that cost 100 game bucks to go in and out of. The pathing for the house wasn't great, so I don't know if the person who designed the house didn't know he/she could make a no cost one way exit door, or just didn't bother to think about it.

I chose to have my avatar sleep on the couch. I didn't have 100 game bucks on that sim. It was interesting. I would like it if more people made use of the pay door features - not to defraud or scam, but as a tool within the game.

Life is a series of choices .... even simulated life.

T

TKSpeedy1

Two of my sims have houses with pay doors...I have to make sure to remember to lower the amounts, though, to fit EALand economy.

And just an update...the roomie of that house I went to is now gone from that house. Don't know if the owner found out what he was doing or if he left on his own, but he's no longer at that house.

P

PB Three

"I read everything" *I* read what I want/need to read. So on that note, I pity you. JK :p

ToS are rarely if ever worth my time to read, as I behave myself. Especially when playing online games.
To me it's silly to expect people to read the ToS for every game they play.

Especially those that have in-game advertising (like Battlefield 2142), in which it would be simply sugar-coated "We will spy on you and give you advertisements without any consent at any time we please". Added: "Advertisements"... that we know you don't care about, let alone want to see in-game when playing a game that you paid $50 for."

I'd love to talk more on the above, but I'd better not...

King PB Three