• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I got completely owned

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The Latest Episode:

I took a character into Sanctuary so I could do the arcanist quest. Wow....

I got on my character with
120 Fencing
100 Mace
100 Focus
100 Parrying
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics

I got in Full Plate armor. I'm talking about the Knight's Armor set. So, I had maximum Resistances. Then, I purchased the Sword of the Righteous. SO, I figured I would go for something easy. I went after a normal Lich. I attached the Lich and another one joined into the fight and 3 seconds later I was dead. I seemed to remember owning these guys back in the day. I was barely doing any damage to the Lich and taking a ton of damage even though I was using full plate with an epic weapon.

I'm thinking maybe I should go with different skills.....And, also try to add a mastery of some sorts.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Why do you have both Fencing and Macing? You should pick one or the other. I would replace one of your weapon skills and Focus with Chivalry and Resist Spells.

Are you going for a Sword and Board build? What specific weapons are you using and what modifications are on the weapons?

Consider reading up on some more of the builds in the Warrior forum, here:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of those two weapon skills, mace is better. Get chivalry instead of fencing. Then use the chivalry abilities to do more damage.

Nothing wrong with getting killed by a magic user.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so maybe I don't know what the sword of righteous is but doesn't it require swords?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong slayer for a lich? I seem to be able to kill them with an undead dagger on my fencer who is only 100 fencing

Sempronius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Wrong slayer for a lich? I seem to be able to kill them with an undead dagger on my fencer who is only 100 fencing
I figured with a name like "Blade of the Rightous" how could it go wrong. And, it matched well with my Knight's armor. SO, everything was white

Kir

Journeyman
There is similar sword with Undead Slayer tho, Holy Sword.

Tho, in general, I would prefer weapons with Double Strike for low resist monster like Liches.

Phreak

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Your resistances may not have been high even in the plate armor. You'll want full 70's resists to take less damage

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
What everyone else has said...

and in addition, the lich you were battling could have popped you with blood oath which would send the damage you do back onto you. Gotta watch your buff/debuff bar close if you are fighting the necro mobs.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was just going to say...it sounds like the OP is just returning from a LONG hiatus and has no clue what any of you are talking about.

I know back when you were playing, a full plate set was probably a killer suit....but in this day and age of UO there are SO many variables on weapons and armor it's VERY confusing.

You might want to have a look at the warriors forum to get some ideas, item properties have become INSANE...Mana regen, mana leech, hit area effects....

The Blade that you are using may indeed be righteous, but not for a lich! It's a demon slayer and you are trying to kill an undead.

What shard are you on? It's a little easier for someone to show you around a bit in game sometimes.

Also look at other players paperdolls, look at their gear to see what sort of stats are in the game now.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm starting from the ground up right now. Even though I have all the skills on soul stones, I've forgotten how to play the game.
not sure what shard you are on but join a good guild that can really help out. will need a chat program like discord, vent, teamspeak, what ever that guild uses. theres so much to know, too much to type out. gl to u

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also if you want to match colors, just get whatever weapon or suit you prefer and dye all with the same "natural dye" which you can find on vendor search.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What everyone else has said...

and in addition, the lich you were battling could have popped you with blood oath which would send the damage you do back onto you. Gotta watch your buff/debuff bar close if you are fighting the necro mobs.
This is my guess too. An ill timed blood oath can kill you nearly instantly if you are teed up for big damage. This is why I run with some amount of resisting spells on most of my warrior-types that fight necro casting mobs.

BTW, don't be discouraged by this one encounter. Tweak your suit, weapon, and template, and get out there for another go! Discovery is a great element of fun in this game.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Welcome back.

Your setup should've been OK but not ideal. You should not have gotten owned.

Why did you get owned, then? Well, take your OK but not ideal setup and combine it with what you just said: you have forgotten how to play the game. Liches aren't as easy as everyone thinks, it's just that we're used to them. If you were where I think you were (that haunted grove thingie south of Yew -- I forget the name at present), then there also easily could've been a third lich you didn't see. Sudden Lich Death (SLD for short) actually occurs not infrequently out there, even with non-rusty players! Out there Liches breed like rats.

As others have pointed out, the Blade of the Righteous is Demon slayer, not Undead slayer. As I personally will point out, unless you have swing speed increase and high stamina (which usually requires stamina increase or dexterity increase items) it's way slower than it should be. Also you have no spell resist and liches can cast necromancy spells that can mess you up fast. Having two weapon skills is....Unusual these days. Without mana leach on a weapon you'll have trouble spamming armor ignore, which is what you need to do! Might want to find another skill that will fit your intended playstyle (how about, say Chivalry?). Also you can find....I won't say "better" weapons (you might want this weapon for pure RP, for example) but I'll say you can find "other" weapons that might work better in certain circumstances, especially while you're re-learning how to play.

What kind of character are you going for? From your description, I'd say you're going for old-school lawful good Knight/Paladin? If so the obvious substitution for Macing is....Chivalry! Lots of people like Bushido too but you'll need to either drop Parry or use a 2-hander or at least not use a shield. But Bushido can work for the same kind of character too. Bushido also has the advantage of lowering your mana cost for special moves. (Sadly Chivalry doesn't. It should. But it doesn't. in fact I think I'll roll over to the official boards and say that.)

Again: WELCOME BACK!!! This game is still awesome. Don't let anyone tell you different. OK I guess you can't stop them from telling you, but you can ignore it.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Definitely sounds like a Blood Oath, with those skills, wearing the knights armor and even wielding the demon slayer you should have been able to put those sideshow clown Lich's down quicker than Travis shot old yeller.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He said he was wearing full plate armor. Anyone else going to bring up the fact that they changed the armor system for the game?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly it seems like a new player trying to do things without making any attempt to understand things.
I've always felt that's the best time in any game. Endgame usually becomes a grind and chore 9 out of 10 times. I bet he's having a ton of fun out there as we speak.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He said he was wearing full plate armor. Anyone else going to bring up the fact that they changed the armor system for the game?
Plate still reduces stamina loss. Has 3 lmc if not mage.

Humm, i guess the problem is low dps and slow time to heal. The sword have 3.5 speed so witlhout a lot of stamina and/or ssi the dps isn't fast enough to kill the liches in time even more without a good healing system.

Maybe with some potions to help with healing the situation could be better.

The healing skill need a rework in this game in my opinion. I rarely see a build with healing these days. The minimum time to healing self with bandages is 3.5s and in a combat in wich you have to heal damage and cure poisons if you only use healing skill this 3.5s is very slow.

Enviado de meu moto g(7) play usando o Tapatalk

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use healing all the time, especially on laggier shards where 1 bandage could save me. I use enhanced bandages 100% of the time. You should be killing lichs in a few (or less) hits, I'd understand if they were lich lords, but you should be slicing through them. Something isn't going right, even with a plane Jane all 70s suit with the correct slayer, and max damage increase should pwn a regular lich.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, what if he hasn't got a 70s suit? He said he was wearing all plate. This was the old way of determining armor effectiveness. It was called "AR." Maybe he's been gone so long he left before AOS?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uh, what if he hasn't got a 70s suit? He said he was wearing all plate. This was the old way of determining armor effectiveness. It was called "AR." Maybe he's been gone so long he left before AOS?
He started a few threads, he is on Atlantic. We told him to go to the craft fairs and ask questions in chat.

Looks like he is gone now, UO was too difficult. Even on Atlantic.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think he probably tried to do a vendor search on ATL; it kept coming back as "search is too vague" and he smashed his monitor and the new one is backordered. :hahaha:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think he probably tried to do a vendor search on ATL; it kept coming back as "search is too vague" and he smashed his monitor and the new one is backordered. :hahaha:
To take a little liberty with a Bill Clinton euphemism... I feel his pain...