• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] I got a frost tree!!!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've marked up a book of 16 trees that gave lots of wood, in fel. I try to go through the book once a day. The first run through gave me 374 frost logs. I honestly never thought I would hit a frost tree, so crazy!. :p

M

Millie

I must not have the find Gean. I jacked most of the day Friday, for ash wood and all I found was normal, oak and one yeaw tree. lol

and by the way Love you Sig.

C

catship

i got a frost and a heartwood i'v been hiting 2 or 3 times a day
the frost will give 60, but i only take 40, so it don't change
same with the heartwood, will give 120, i take 100
been like this for 2 wks now

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Catship, according to Draconi, even taking 10, triggers the chance for the tree to change. That it's not changed yet is luck, not "leaving some in the tree".

C

catship

Basara, now why did you tell me that
and i thought i found a way to beat the sys

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What is the big deal on frost wood? I have lots of it and its pretty much worthless I use it for library turn ins mainly and keep about 1000 on hand for the rare item I want to mod

O

OriginsSyn

What is the big deal on frost wood? I have lots of it and its pretty much worthless I use it for library turn ins mainly and keep about 1000 on hand for the rare item I want to mod
For those that can't find it regularly, it's not worthless at all. If you're so burdened with it spread it around :D Many people would love to find a frost tree.

@OP: Grats!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The main reason why wood got nerfed WAS Frostwood - it's worth 48 points a board at the Vesper Museum Collection, and at one of the NPCs at the Britain Library collection. When the trees weren't random, most of the Frostwood trees were locked up by unattended macroers (unless you could beat them back to the respawn) who were using the wood to get mass quantities of Library talismans and the high-end Museum Replicas (which they sold for gold or RL money).

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The frost tree only lasted a couple days, I think maybe someone else found it or I just got unlucky with a quick turn over, I maybe chopped it ten times. Ah well, it was nice while it lasted!

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucky.I hadn't found a frostwood tree since the change and 2 nights ago I was hiting around a few trees and saw the message you "you chop some frostwood logs and put them in your pack" and I was like WOO HOO, Until I saw how many logs I got. I got 10 logs total and the tree changed to oak the next time it refreshed.:sad3::(

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucky.I hadn't found a frostwood tree since the change and 2 nights ago I was hiting around a few trees and saw the message you "you chop some frostwood logs and put them in your pack" and I was like WOO HOO, Until I saw how many logs I got. I got 10 logs total and the tree changed to oak the next time it refreshed.:sad3::(
oooh, that sucks! :(

C

catship

i'm still getting frostwood and heartwood out of my 2 trees
still at 40 and 100