• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I GET TO GO TO THE RENAISSANCE FAIRE OMG!

R

Roust

Thursday October 13th.

IM SO EXCITED!!

all of you should go!

D

Dor of Sonoma

Very cool. :)

Those are a helluva lot of fun.

(I work them every year)

D

Dor of Sonoma

Maybe you should, uhhh...'roust' him, then.

*snickers*

G

<blockquote><hr>

*remembers getting drunk when rumpy was in TS*

[/ QUOTE ]

Blahaa

L

Limdul

I work at the one in Ohio. *shakes head* Going on 5 years. I think I need a better hobby.

I

imported_Castor

i actually picked up a ren faire girl years ago at the faire crunch and pappy are going to....

P

-Pegasus-

i didnt know there was one in ohio im from ohio and think itd b cool to go to one.

PS: im from southern ohio so if its up north thats y i never heard of it.

A

Argyle

It's in Xenia, and its pretty fun, especially if you are over 21.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i actually picked up a ren faire girl years ago at the faire crunch and pappy are going to....

[/ QUOTE ]

[after seeing the Princesses Joanna and Elizabeth]
Ted: Bill?
Bill: What?
Ted: I'm in love, dude.
Bill: Come on, this is a history report, not a babe report.
Ted: But, Bill, those are historical babes.
Bill: Okay, you're the ladies' man. How we gonna meet 'em?

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the dude behind the mounted rider is swinging a bola ball.

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

hahaha, man i want castor to come (he lives near me.)

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever you do, dont tell the girl your only 14 yrs old when you originally told her you are 17 yrs old when you introduced yourself.

girls hate that...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

hahaha, man i want castor to come (he lives near me.)

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever you do, dont tell the girl your only 14 yrs old when you originally told her you are 17 yrs old when you introduced yourself.

girls hate that...

[/ QUOTE ]

And heed his warning, Roust. The incident should be fresh in his mind, as this happened last week...

-Skylark

P.S. I suspect Castor's parents grounded him, too for breaking his 9 p.m. curfew.

L

Limdul

<blockquote><hr>

i didnt know there was one in ohio im from ohio and think itd b cool to go to one.

PS: im from southern ohio so if its up north thats y i never heard of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohio Renfair

The Ohio Renaissance Festival is easily accessible, just minutes off I-71 or I-75 on State Route 73 in Harveysburg, Ohio.

From Cincinnati: Take I-71 north to Exit 45 (Waynesville), then 2 miles west on St. Rt. 73 to the Ohio Renaissance Festival entrance; OR, take I-75 North to Exit 38 (Springboro/ Franklin) then 15 miles east on St. Rt. 73 to the Festival entrance.
From Dayton: Take I-75 south to Exit 38 (Springboro/Franklin), then 15 miles east on St. Rt. 73 to the Festival entrance; OR, take St. Rt. 48 south to St. Rt. 73, then east on St. Rt. 73 to the Festival entrance.

From Columbus: Take I-71 south to Exit 45 (Waynesville), then 2 miles west on St. Rt. 73 to the Festival entrance.

From Cleveland: Take I-71 south about 1 hour south of Columbus to Exit 45 (Waynesville), then 2 miles west on St. Rt. 73 to the Festival entrance.

From Toledo: Take I-75 south about 20 minutes south of Dayton to Exit 38 (Springboro/Franklin), then 15 miles east on St. Rt. 73 to the Festival entrance.

From Indianapolis: Take I-70 east to Dayton, then I-75 south to Exit 38 (Springboro/Franklin), then 15 miles east on St. Rt. 73 to the Festival entrance; OR take I-74 east to Cincinnati, then I-75 north to Exit 38 (Springboro/Franklin), then 15 miles east on St. Rt. 73 to the Festival entrance.

From Louisville: The Festival is about 45 minutes north of Downtown Cincinnati. Take I-71 north to Exit 45 (Waynesville), then 2 miles west on St. Rt. 73 to the Festival entrance.

From Lexington: The Festival is about 45 minutes north of Downtown Cincinnati. Take I-75 north to Cincinnati, then take I-71 north to Exit 45 (Waynesville), then 2 miles west on St. Rt. 73 to the Festival entrance.

Its fun. I think there are 2 more weekends left. The armored joust is great. And alot of the sword booths are neat. If you go check out Badger Blades and Legacy forge. Both sell hand forged swords and daggers.

R

Roust

how much roughly do the swords go for?

just in case they are selling them at the PA ren faire, i might want to buy one

G

I've bought several swords and daggers from the ren faire.
My advice though is... see which one you like, get the name and the name of the company that makes it (if its not hand forged at the faire that is...) and get it online. Much cheaper that way.

At the faire I have paid between 70.00 and 150.00 for a sword.

I

imported_Castor

i know for a fact that crunch they sell swords, daggers, flails, maces and hatches at the one you are going to

R

Roust

im soooo gonna buy a sword... but i dont know how much money i have because my truck guzzled 72 dollars of gas today

(it has two tanks)

T

Toodamndrunk

Just make sure you get a hand forged one and not a mass store knock off. My friend sells those and the price is major inflated

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

im soooo gonna buy a sword... but i dont know how much money i have because my truck guzzled 72 dollars of gas today

(it has two tanks)

[/ QUOTE ]

forecast for the Pa Ren Faire...

Rain, all day, with clearing in the afternoon for more rain...

L

Limdul

<blockquote><hr>

how much roughly do the swords go for?

just in case they are selling them at the PA ren faire, i might want to buy one

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on what you want. I can get a cheap one for $10. Or I can get one (that I actually have) for $250. The $250 one I have used to break a couple of my cheap swords and not so much as scratch it. Also the $250 sword has a lifetime warranty no matter how I might break it I can just bring it back and replace it. I know badger blades (where I got my sword) has a website Badger Blades .

D

Dor of Sonoma

The broadsword of my dreams was priced at 300.*

It had incredible balance. When I picked it up, it felt as if I'd been born with a sword in my hand. The quality of a hand-forged blade is quite evident, and worth every penny.

*Beyond my range, but I got to "test" it for the afternoon. :)

R

Roust

man that faire was amazing, and castor you're not lying.. some fine ladies work at that faire

(i liked Delilah the matchmaker)

i missed the joust but i saw the human chess game. was a giant chess board and the pieces were humans.

one side was Pirates the other side was English then whenever they got together they swordfought, it was amazing
hahah

but those swords there were out of my price range... andyou have to be 18 to buy them

P

Pappy Joe

LOLOLOL

I spent 5 bucks on a nice shark's tooth necklace and the other 20 in my wallet on overpriced food.

IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER.

L

Limdul

<blockquote><hr>

The broadsword of my dreams was priced at 300.*

It had incredible balance. When I picked it up, it felt as if I'd been born with a sword in my hand. The quality of a hand-forged blade is quite evident, and worth every penny.

*Beyond my range, but I got to "test" it for the afternoon. :)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I'm thinking about buying another but I'm not sure...Maybe a battle axe if I can find one I like. And its always better to go an hold one before you buy anyways. I bought this one a few years ago (Pic isn't working so I'll rehost when I get home)
It the All-Steel 1 3/4" bstard Sword

Blade Legnth: 28”

Hilt Legnth: 7 3/4”"

Weight: 3-4 lbs.

Balance Point: 3"-6" from guard

Guard Style: Crusader

Pommel Style: Hex

Cost: $310.00 US (includes shipping &amp; handling) my cost was less because I didn't need to pay shipping and handling tho.

I'm also looking at picking up a pair of boots next year as well (nice comfy boots just a bit expensive about $200 last I checked). I've got to work this weekend so I'll take some pics and post them sat night. Also on the side note like Pappy said if you go take lots of money. The food is almost always expensive (at the Ohio one its $4 or $5 for most of the food and $2 for soda.....and beer $4 thats the important one). But if youve never been give it a try its lots of fun, and you can always find somewhere that will sell something you like. Oh and keep an eye out for the Tin roses not everywhere has someone making them but I know my wife likes hers.

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

man that faire was amazing, and castor you're not lying.. some fine ladies work at that faire

(i liked Delilah the matchmaker)

[/ QUOTE ]

my girl was maryanne the dunking wench...

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

Dunking wench or drunken wench?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, she was a dunking wench. They had her in a bucket and kept lowering her into this well of water because she did something bad or something.

What was funny about the whole day was that my buddy chris picked up her friend and he needed me to be the wingman for him so we could go out with them to a HIGHSCHOOL Party afterwards. Things were going great until i let it slip that i was only 14 yrs old (looked a lot older) and suddenly soured the moment.

If one thing that high school girls do not like other than 14 yr old boys, is 14yr old boys who lie about their age to try and get some action.

Was a good day for sure...

C

Cors Liadon

i went to my local renaissance fair too, they're great fun. the street performers were, easily, the best part.