• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I get sick of hearing all the rumors that are going around so I am going to ask.

G

Will we EVER have green free again?

Will we EVER get our missing objects?

Will we EVER see pay increases?

Will we EVER get our locks increased?

Will we EVER see the prices in EA Land go down so we can afford items?

WHY do our skills decrease so fast in EA Land?

WHY can’t we log in more than 1 sim from the same account in EA Land?
I have 5 accounts and I can log all of them in but not 2 from the same account.
Does anyone know of a way to do that or can we do it ever?

WHY are the prices so high in the catalog? A dog is over 80K to stock with a piano going for 122K. That is just ridiculous.

I have heard people say that the pay will stay low while the prices will go up and the reason is because maxis is trying to force us to buy fake money from them. True do you think?

When we all merged we may have had our homes and other items but with $500. or zero money try to run a house or open a store. It is just impossible to do. Just like real life the rich get richer I guess.

Someone, anyone PLEASE answer my questions. I hate to whine but if things don’t get better I may close all of my 5 accounts and they are old sims with skills so I hate to do that but at this point all the fun is gone from this game.

N

nodgree

<blockquote><hr>

WHY are the prices so high in the catalog? A dog is over 80K to stock with a piano going for 122K. That is just ridiculous.

I have heard people say that the pay will stay low while the prices will go up and the reason is because maxis is trying to force us to buy fake money from them. True do you think?

When we all merged we may have had our homes and other items but with $500. or zero money try to run a house or open a store. It is just impossible to do. Just like real life the rich get richer I guess.

Someone, anyone PLEASE answer my questions. I hate to whine but if things don’t get better I may close all of my 5 accounts and they are old sims with skills so I hate to do that but at this point all the fun is gone from this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. If prices dont come down, I'm pulling the plug on my accounts too. I REFUSE to pay for simoleans. I am trying my hardest to make them on my own, ligitly but, they are spent keepin g my place open as fast as I make them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="blue">Greg said yesterday in the Town Hall "maybe" </font>

<font color="blue">When did they go missing? Have you reported them missing? </font>

<font color="blue">Not to the level they were at in the old TSO cities no. They will go up and down however, but perhaps not quite as much as you're hoping for. </font>

<font color="blue">If you're not getting your locks as expected you should report it as a bug to [email protected] as we are supposed to be getting them. </font>

<font color="blue">Prices are dynamic and are based on the number of objects in the world versus the number of people. Therefore prices will continue to change and as items are redistributed the prices will go down.

Top tip - check out the stores for items that are set at much much lower prices then the catalogue </font>

<font color="blue">Hmm good question, I noticed my skills were decreasing rapidly, but i assumed it was just because I've been playing that sim alot and not skilling. </font>

<font color="blue"> One day we should be able to play sims on the same account in the same city, but this is a while away yet - something to look forward to though
</font>

<font color="blue"> This is because of all the objects that people brought across in the merges. As the items are redistributed, the prices will fall. </font>

<font color="blue">Game play has changed and we will need to adapt to these changes. People have an option to charge for food/greening, get a sim job, try to make money from other services .... gone are the old days of easy money making. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you don't close all your accounts. Personally I think the game is exciting again - so its not so easy to earn money, but for the first time in years, the game is very active, we have SO many new players joining every day and they are excited and addicted just like we were once.

Its been a rough couple of weeks/months with the merges and things, but now they are all done, the dev team can really concentrate on the future of the game and I'm hopeful that we will see some interesting changes

Btw have you thought of taking a trip to Town Hall and chatting to the devs about the future of the game?

Polly

I

independent117

same here, if they dont fix this stuff soon im pulling my accounts. and i have 3 houses and VERY OLD SIMS.

I

independent117

yeah but until all that happens, the ppl who own shops, are the supposed to just wait around while there store is going empty?

T

TrustMeInc

I am a new player to SIMs and I think the prices are fine. Just bought my second house. I have only played in EA Land so I guess I am not spoiled.

I don't pay for my Money I work at BOT factory.

Accept certain inalienable truths, prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders. =P

G

Will we EVER have green free again? <font color="red"> no, Parizad stated when we had the last one that that was indeed the LAST ONE </font>

Will we EVER get our missing objects? <font color="red"> No, probably not. EA has NEVER replaced objects that poof because of game glitches....there's even something in the ToS about it I think. </font>

Will we EVER see pay increases? <font color="red"> Yes, when players start using the in-game drains more....right now even with the low payouts there's more money being made than is being spent and until that changes payouts will always be low.</font>

Will we EVER get our locks increased? <font color="red"> Yes, amnesty will be coming any time, and today one of my sims turned 22 days old and got her 21st lock, so it seems that they might have turned lock distribution back on between now and the time amnesty is given out.</font>

Will we EVER see the prices in EA Land go down so we can afford items? <font color="red"> No, the prices are set like they are so that it takes players time to achieve those goals rather than being able to buy a big object after only a day or two of moneymaking like it used to be. </font>

WHY do our skills decrease so fast in EA Land? <font color="red"> Skill decay hasn't gone down, it gets faster or slower depending on the total number of points you have unlocked. Alot of people don't skill past their locks because they hate the decay so much. </font>

Does anyone know of a way to do that or can we do it ever? <font color="red"> No, we can't do that yet, this is a feature I too am looking forward to, though it's been pointed out that it probably won't happen until the lag issues are resolved.</font>

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

yeah but until all that happens, the ppl who own shops, are the supposed to just wait around while there store is going empty?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? I know of alot of stores that have so much stock they have to buy a second lot and use it as a wear house. I have a wearhouse lot for my store, its not going empty. Although, I haven't sold anything because I don't appear on the list nor the map.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Will we EVER get our missing objects? <font color="red"> No, probably not. EA has NEVER replaced objects that poof because of game glitches....there's even something in the ToS about it I think. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is factually incorrect. It may have been true years ago, but I had a missing object the other day that was replaced.

All objects in EA-land are trackable. If you lose an object, please email
[email protected] with concise information about the name of your sim/avatar and full details of what you lost and when. This should include objects that were lost during city merges.

Btw this new blog post gives details on informing about missing lava game cards.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is factually incorrect. It may have been true years ago, but I had a missing object the other day that was replaced.

All objects in EA-land are trackable. If you lose an object, please email
[email protected] with concise information about the name of your sim/avatar and full details of what you lost and when. This should include objects that were lost during city merges.

Btw this new blog post gives details on informing about missing lava game cards.

[/ QUOTE ]There's one caveat to this: Since the game does not make any distinction between different pet breeds, rare or not (the breed is determined at random the instant the crate is purchased), they can neither track nor replace lost "rare" pets.

I

imported_Danny Dots

These are all very good questions! I think the posters before me answered them pretty well too. I personally think the game is more exciting now and is similar to the days of beta. I like the new challenges and that you have to work hard to get something you want. It was just too easy in the old TSO. EA Land is very interesting, challenging, and different. But I enjoy it just as much if not more than the old TSO.

G

I agree with most of the changes made, but the money situation is getting on my nerves. I'd really like to see the build prices go down and the payouts go up just enough to make it worth doing. Its hard to keep making object after object when at the end of the day you only have 100$ simoleans to show for it. I know everyone says the jobs are the answer, but with payouts low and prices high, it makes starting a business very difficult.