• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I finally placed a castle!

G

I had to wait a few months, someone placed a small house at an idoc behind the keep I placed a while back on ice island Baja and it finally went idoc this week (thank you crackhead bob for the info). So I herd all the animals away, do a bunch of tracking, try to drop and replace and then see that an orc camp spawned. So I put the keep back up. Then had to wait out demolition timer and then another orc camp spawned. Then I tried to replace and got the 168 hours message (arrgh). Then I tried on another account and couldn't get it down. Then Bob showed me where to place it and that account didn't have enough money. Then I got back on the original account and got it down despite the 168 hours message.

A placer I am not!

Anyways, except for the nausea I'm pretty happy right now. I would probably still be arm wrasslin an orc for the spot if Bob wasn't helping me. I didn't take any pics, but we all know what castles look like anyways.

Whew!

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot!!!
Congratulations Sarsmi.

Now all you have to do is decorate!
Please show us pics.

R

Redrum1

Congrats. I to got my castle after 5 years. I was walking around Fel on Pacific and I noticed a keep that was slightly worn. I placed my stealther near the house sign and kept checking it daily until it was ready to fall. I logged in at work for a few min. and the keep had just fallen and a few FL were going through the stuff from the IDOC. I immediatly placed a keep and got killed for interupting FL. A few days went by and my wife noticed we could fit a castle in the area the keep was in with the open ground around the keep. So we knocked down the keep and my wife placed the castle on the first try. Now my wife has named the castle our 865,000 gp castle! We will add pics as we go along with the decorations.

G

Congrats on your new house. I wish I could find a spot that would open up for one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Woot!!!
Congratulations Sarsmi.

Now all you have to do is decorate!
Please show us pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Decorate! Arrrgh! I haven't decorated in so long I bet I've forgotten how...lol.

G

Congrats, Sarsmi!

And I think it is totally annoying that random game spawn can block placement - and it has never been clear to me exactly what blocks and what doesn't. If the area is free of static things that block and the debris has been removed, and you have the foundation area in your sites, you should get some sort of writ of possession that goes with it from the lazy British government and be able to auto evict all those wandering gypsies, brigands, orcs, etc. And animal control should round up the fauna.

-Skylark

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sarsmi....YOU forget how to decorate?? That's like saying you forgot how to breathe okay?

Now get to work and deco that thing!!

Grats on the Castle hun, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun to deco!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

K

Kurgan

No pics from Sarsmi, thats just wrong....
Fork them over once you get your decor done..

PS Congrates....

G

Greatfellow

Congratulations, Sarsmi!! You are one of the few folks I can think of who might actually decorate their whole castle. You been playin a Looooong Time, finally got that puppy. Woot!

G

Congrats Sarsmi..wanna come find me a place on GL?

Greatfellow...this is not the same Greatfellow from days gone by in the Bards forum is it?

G

Hah, yeah well I actually already had a castle I bought but it's been a goal to place one. So now I have two fel castles. I don't even have enough stuff to fill them (shockingly enough).

I've been playing Vanguard a lot lately too, btw - Xeth server. It's a fun game! Going for a guildhouse in that game, since thats the largest plot size you can buy and it will give me a nice long term goal to shoot for and incentive to work my diplo and crafting.

G

I ended my month long Vanguard experiment. The laptop computer just can't handle it, even with 2 GB of RAM.

I loved chopping trees there! Timmmmmberrrrrrr!

-Skylark

G

Damn! Well if you upgrade your computer junk be sure to come back to it, it's a fun fun game!

G

Greatfellow

Teufel Hund, thanks for remembering me...that was back before Publish 16! I've been in and out of the game a couple times since then, never again playing with that old pre-publish-16 passion, sadly. I maintain a few accounts, drop in to see if my houses are standing, or to build a house. It's pretty shameful
I miss barding, old-style. A lot.

Hope you are well and prospering!

Best regards.

L

Leanan Sidhe

OOO.... major congrats Sarsmi!
I can't barely wait to see what you do with it!

G

Remember you! lol you are one of the reasons I started Barding! Yes it was a blast back then, I was near GM when Pub16 hit and it was just so depressing I turned him into a Dexxer. I maintain a Peace/Tamer right now and that is almost as much fun when you are in the middle of a large spawn it is great fun. I remember well the tales you used to weave made the game most interesting. It brings back very good memories to see you post again. Thanks