• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I feel like I'm apart of the tv show lost

• Thread starter imported_Qute Pi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

Those who watch lost know every week they answer questions with more questions. lol
It must be my terrible mood today, because I feel like it's all questions and no answers around here.

When will they communicate with us......seems to be the main one.
I can list questions to take up pages of thread, or just let everyone else list their own question. Since I know there are individual threads with pages and pages of no answers, and all speculation I'm not going to bother repeating them.

Another thing, If CC is causing all the lag, maybe they should have thought about that before making CC the focal point of the future. And what if the lag is from the many cities being in one? All those extra sims? We had lag that bad in the beginning of TSO...when there was no cc.

It's like the blind leading the blind. Do they even know what their next step will be?
I know they are busy, but obviously still can find time to post "teasers" when that time could have been used to make one less question here.

You know...I try not to vent too much, I try to be understanding and positive, I know we are all in the same boat, but things are changing that are NOT included in version notes, and I think they should be!

Answers would be nice...........................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

philw1

Answers? Sticking to promises? Ah to sleep...perchance to dream little one.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

My only suggestion is to make use of the venue they have specially set up for us to communicate by:

Town Hall in EA-Land
EA-Land team members will be in the Hall:
Mon: 11-1 p.m.; 5-6 p.m.
Tue: 10-1 p.m.
Wed: 4-7 p.m. (Community Pub in TC3 ONLY)
Thu: 12-1 p.m.; 4-6 p.m.
Fri: 4-7 p.m.
All hours are Pacific Time.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

My only suggestion is to make use of the venue they have specially set up for us to communicate by:

Town Hall in EA-Land

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I know that too I point people in that direction all the time lol. Someone needs to yell at me next time I do...
The next time I won't be at rl work to attend will be on Thursday during...LOST! Imagine that.

Doesn't mean I won't still be heading that way...

P

philw1

I have attended a few sessions. They don't give out any more info there wither.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

The next time I won't be at rl work to attend will be on Thursday during...LOST! Imagine that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too funny!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Town Hall in EA-Land

[/ QUOTE ]
I hear it's just like the pub in TC3. Total chaos.

I prefer a kinder, gentler means of self destruction.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Yea I noticed they answer what they want us to know and then suddenly get busy when you ask something they don't want us to know. Not just in town hall but everywhere.

So...why don't they want us to know some things? What is the big dang secret?

They could at least put out accurate version notes, so we could determine if something is a bug or actually supposed to be that way.....

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I think sometimes they go looking for the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? When they go silent and stop responding?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think sometimes they go looking for the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? When they go silent and stop responding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me give you an example of how it went today.

Jeff asked a question. I answered it. Bob came in pissed that he lost a cc. Oh crap, okay. I walk to a colleague's office to ask for the logs to be checked. At this point, people are still talking, and asking questions, but hey, guess what, I'm down the hall! Before I can leave colleague's office, he asks me what I thought about that e-mail he sent out for a future blog post. "Cool. I edited it already and sprinkled in some commas." I wait (impatiently) while he looks it up. Okay the person didn't lie. He actually lost the custom content. We're good to go.

Then I come back to my cube. Back to the game. I answer a random question that someone just asked. Then I log in a 2nd sim to go buy that cc for him. That store is closed. I ask them to let me in. I don't know which zebra it was... the large one or the small one? I ask him in house chat. Oh but look, I see in the chat log that he left. Crap, I can't IM him b/c all of my IM queues are blinking. I asked in house chat if someone could IM him and ask him to come back. Some kind soul did.

I answer the IMs while waiting for Bob to come back. Crap! Jane in IM is telling me about a new bug. Bob makes it back super quick. I ask him if its the small or big zebra. It is the big one. Okay, cool. I buy the big one. Come to Town Hall and give it to him. Aha, but he's also lost a mean St. Bernard, and understands we don't give rare dogs and cats, but is willing to get an unopened dog carrier. I tell him to go to EA Store and log that char in. Then I have to wait at the store for him to come before putting out the carrier to make sure no one else comes in to buy it for him.

While I'm waiting, I glance in the main EA-Land window and answer another question that I just saw fly by. Bob comes in, buys the dog. I open up a swanky software we use inhouse to keep track of stuff we gave out. Crap! I didn't ask for his acct name. Okay, np. I log into yet something else. I look up his sim name and wade through all the other accounts that have the same sim name until I find his.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see in Town Hall someone is yelling at me for ignoring them. I type in, "Sorry, just a sec." Then I finish putting in all of the info that I need for the transaction with Bob.

I go back to the EA-Land window. Jane with the bug is getting pissed. Sorry, sorry, I'm still here. I need more info. I'll make a bug report later. People are getting super pissed. Someone walks into my cube and asks me what time sims go to work. "Go to tsomanial.net. You'll see it all there." I take out a post-it and write down as much info as I can about Jane's bug. I'll have to try to duplicate the bug later.

I go back to the Town Hall crowd. Someone is being a jerk. Maybe they're role-playing. I'll keep an eye out on them. The same guy comes back in my cube, "tsomania.com doesn't work." I tell him, "Yeah it probably wouldn't. Try tsomania.net."

Go back to Town Hall, and the same thing repeats itself.

This is not an exageration. Everything I typed above actually happened today in the same way I described it. Now that was just 30 minutes. We do that for AT LEAST 3 hours a day... every day.

So Qute, I'm sorry you're upset. Please understand that we're busy and are trying to help everyone out. Unfortunately, there's a lot of you guys and not enough of us.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I appreciate your response. I understand after the merges there are plans for a better reporting system, as it's obviously needed.......
I look forward to that.

When something is changed in TC3 or EAL why don't they go on the version notes so we don't have to wonder what the deal is? I'm asking about cc reorder from previously approved items...can't find anything about it, but Ladi said it's happening in TC3 and I'd like to know before I waste any more time making CC if this will be an issue. I don't patch because I don't want to get stuck.

As for the blinking IMs we've been wanting more than 3 for awhile, lol, now you know why...

I understand its hectic, but there has to be a better way...a more organized way to deal with us. I assume the reporting system will help that to a point. I hope anyway.

Thanks, feeling more found and less lost.. lol :p