• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I enjoy now my crafting life in UO again!

• Thread starter imported_athos_uo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_athos_uo

I am now enjoying my crafting life in UO since the last patch including fixes of runic tools and BODs. So, I'd like to list up the good points and bad points of KR. Some points are not very new, please read with tolerance.

[In principle]
Hot bars of KR are considered as a kind of inside of player's backpack. We can place the aliases of items onto hotbars, and use them. So, please remark this if you have used only 2D until now: It would be better to place items that you often use onto slots of hotbars. If you double click your backpack to open it, then double click the item to use it, as well as you do it with 2d, you would feel it very troublesome to do it with KR.

[Good points]

[Crafting Menu]
You can make so many items as you will with KR. It is very useful also by fulfilling BODs. I'm now very happy.

[too weight]
You can place the icon of a character's weight onto Hotbars:

The icon of character's weight changes its color when your weight goes over.

[To recall]
It is very useful to place runebooks onto hotbars. I set the default of the runebook in slot 4 to my house in the screenshot above. I place the icon of recall next to it, so I click slot 3 then slot 4 and I can fly to my house. The mouse moves only a little distance.

[To recall 2]
The runebook in the slot 5 is for veins. To recall, I click on slot 5 once, then the book opens.

If I want to fly to "ecru citrine", I click the squere button on the left of "ecru citrine", then the coordinate of "ecru citrine" and actions to do appear in the gump below. Then I click recall. It takes 3 oneclicks and one window opens. If you use 2D, it will require 1 double-click and 2 one-clicks and one window opens then the screen changes.

If you get accustomed to using runebooks of KR, it is very useful.

[To mine]
I use now "Target by resource" macro with repeat 10. It mines very rapidly! If the shovels go short of charges, you can put another shovel into the slot of macro and continue mining. It is now awesomely useful!
(*) You should open the gump of making macro to do it.

[Bad points]

KR has also many bad points to be improved:
[Crafting stops when failed]
Please make it so as for crafting not to stop even if it fails to make items.

[macro doesn't stop]
Target by resource" macro with repeat 10 doesn't stop even if there are no stuffs. I must wait for the macro works in vain.

[about chat mode]
A player has a with that players could choose the chat mode in KR mode.

Now in KR mode:[enter]type the speech[enter] -> goes out of chat mode.

But there is another type of chat mode:
[enter]type the speech[enter]continue typing the speech[enter][enter] -> goes out of chat mode.

We go out of chat mode if we put [enter] once now. There is another type of chat mode: you go out of chat mode, if you put [enter] twice. It would be better, if we could choose from these two modes.
( But all the other important bugs should be fixed at first, of course. )

[some bugs]
You can not open the Backpack window, if you put in KR mode and the Paperdoll, putting [P]. You can close them putting or [P], when they are open.
As well as in classic mode: You cannot open Backpack with [Alt+I], Paperdoll with [Alt+P]

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only way of stopping a macro in KR is to pick up the tool you're crafting with, or the resources and hold on to it under the cursor...

I'd like to see a stop button...

G

gothelder

<blockquote><hr>

The only way of stopping a macro in KR is to pick up the tool you're crafting with, or the resources and hold on to it under the cursor...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just run away from the forge when I accidently craft the wrong item.........

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You forgot the big plus of making a item and instantly make it as a quest item. Saves tons of times in heartwood crafters quests!

D

davebobbit

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If my mining macro still has some repetitions to run and the ore runs out, I say "all follow me" to my pet and it stops the macro

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can place the icon of a character's weight onto Hotbars:

I never thought of that... thanks for posting that tip.

As a lowly scribe, I love that I can run batches of scrolls, spellbooks, etc. I just wish there was an option to retry/restart after a failure and if you could set it up to kick in meditation and continue after running out of manna.

And... I may be getting really crazy (or lazy) here... but it would be cool if you could place empty spellbooks in your pack and set it to make all 64 spells and drop them into the empty books automatically.

But then again, with all that free time I would probably end up spending it all on Stratics getting in trouble for my crazy ideas.

Safe Travels, Sam