• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I don't know why I ever came back

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't surprise me they either can't or won't properly ban scripters, they've always been incredibly slow at dealing with major issues like this.
Even when they had more money, they still took an age to fix long-lasting, damaging issues or exploits.

Does anyone remember back when AOS came out, there was an exploit where you could place a carpentry house addon, such as a dartboard or other small item, when smashed with an axe, you could smelt the deed and get around 450-500 ingots PER deed.
That was wildly known and from memory, it took them over a month to fix that.
In all that time that went by, people were selling millions of ingots on eBay for cheap (when eBay allowed virtual sales).
You could walk past people's houses and you'd hear the smash/smelt noises all day, every day, often multiple times in a row. (Mutli clienting/script programs)
Even earlier than that was the character stat bug where under certain circumstances your character stats would become huge and stay that way. I completely forget what triggered that. Took way too long for them to fix that one. Or the fun bug where you could access your bank from anywhere in game. Of course they jumped right on that one... sadly.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any fool can pick up a magery spellbook. Scripting is the true dark art that cuts into the innermost workings of our universe, and I respect it.

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would not have remembered this had you not mentioned it! That exploit happened exactly how you explained it though.
Indeed, it's one memory that's stuck with me, I'm not sure why, probably because it was mind-blowing just how long it went on before it got fixed.
The UO team as a whole seems to have a long history of wasting massive amounts of time and subscriber money on the wrong things.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been really into Final Fantasy 14 lately and it's astounding just how different the developer communication is. They're fantastic at listening to player feedback and UO just hasn't done that since who, Draconi?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've been really into Final Fantasy 14 lately and it's astounding just how different the developer communication is. They're fantastic at listening to player feedback and UO just hasn't done that since who, Draconi?
What how dare you suggest that players deserve to have the developers communicate...

mihali

Sage
There is a post over at the official UO forums. It's about egg scripters. And it was locked almost immediately.

Seriously?

THIS IS PROOF THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT SCRIPTERS. OR US. OR THIS GAME.
I don't want to play anymore.
Goodbye.
Yeah but that's a pack of BS, and you know that. Wo cares about scripters? We are here for fun. So what if someone scripts? Does not really affect how each one of us play the game. The game is about fun. You cannot have it here, look elsewhere where there is no cheating. And when you find this no cheat game, let everyone here know.