• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I can't get Vendor Search to work in the Classic Client, help appreciated

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

Returned after 6 years away, am trying to get the Vendor Search option to work.

When I type in say "Taming 15", and press search, jewelry pops up in a result window in my Classic Client.

When I click on the jewelry in this result window, I see nothing regarding mods on the items, all I see is the piece of jewelry, a price, facet, etc, but single clicking or double clicking on it does not show me the details of the item.

It's very annoying. I would like to be able to see what the item for sale is without having to find the place by going there, and I've seen pictures on google search that makes it apparent it should show these.

So I do I fix this? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just hover over it. Dont click.

upload_2018-2-4_15-8-38.png

Happens to be one on my vendor. Someone come buy it!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, for real? 500k for that? Gold is unreal in this game.
LOL I was going to show you the 120 tactics scroll for 60M and the Taming primer 3 for 50M that I saw Friday but someone bought those. You can get the primer for 25M in Chat.

When you a tamer and deal with 40M gold scrolls, 500k is nothing.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hoovering over the item shows absolutely nothing. It's just not working for me.
reboot.

if that doesnt work click the perform full file check while you watch the Superbowl or commercials.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
reboot.

if that doesnt work click the perform full file check while you watch the Superbowl or commercials.
Thanks. Reboot didn't work.

Sooooo, where exactly can I find that file check thingymahjingy?

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Are the mouse settings set to hover or not? Not sure how to explain, but we have this little box on our screen that can change between 4 options when double-clicking it. Not sure if the problem is in that?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the mouse settings set to hover or not? Not sure how to explain, but we have this little box on our screen that can change between 4 options when double-clicking it. Not sure if the problem is in that?
I know what button you mean, yes I've tried, but that also did nothing for my current predicament. Unfortunately.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also try using the category search (for the skill group taming is in) instead of simply typing in "Taming" in the search box

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

Returned after 6 years away, am trying to get the Vendor Search option to work.

When I type in say "Taming 15", and press search, jewelry pops up in a result window in my Classic Client.

When I click on the jewelry in this result window, I see nothing regarding mods on the items, all I see is the piece of jewelry, a price, facet, etc, but single clicking or double clicking on it does not show me the details of the item.

It's very annoying. I would like to be able to see what the item for sale is without having to find the place by going there, and I've seen pictures on google search that makes it apparent it should show these.

So I do I fix this? Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!
Once you hover over the item you have to wait a few seconds for it to show the mods. If it is not showing anything, then I am not sure. Hope the repair works.

A note in general: search can be kind of wonky sometimes. If you wanted to find a primer for animal taming, for example, searching for "animal taming" does not yield a primer. You have to search for the word primer as well.

I wanted to say thank you because I totally missed two things you might be interested in once you fix the vendor search issue:

In Options, go to the Mouse icon (Interface) to find you can now select your character's backpack style (main backpack) to polar bear (white), ghoul (undead fleshy), or suede (suede-tanish).

In Options, go to the Eye icon (Display) to find you can now select the following resolutions (Publish 96):
  • Added the following game window sizes:
    • 1024×768
    • 1152×864
    • 1280×720
  • Display radius is based on game window size with a minimum 18 tiles and a maximum of 24 tiles.
  • Increased display radius from 18 to 24 tiles.
  • Fixed classic crash related to weather effects
No more 800x600...wow! That's what I get for skimming the notes XD.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In Options, go to the Eye icon (Display) to find you can now select the following resolutions (Publish 96):
    • 1024×768
    • 1152×864
    • 1280×720
  • Display radius is based on game window size with a minimum 18 tiles and a maximum of 24 tiles.
Exactly. We need to tell all the returning players about this!

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you hover over the item you have to wait a few seconds for it to show the mods. If it is not showing anything, then I am not sure. Hope the repair works.

A note in general: search can be kind of wonky sometimes. If you wanted to find a primer for animal taming, for example, searching for "animal taming" does not yield a primer. You have to search for the word primer as well.

I wanted to say thank you because I totally missed two things you might be interested in once you fix the vendor search issue:

In Options, go to the Mouse icon (Interface) to find you can now select your character's backpack style (main backpack) to polar bear (white), ghoul (undead fleshy), or suede (suede-tanish).

• 1024×768
    • 1152×864
    • 1280×720
Damn, I just doubled my screensize...

That is awesome! :)

I did the File Check on the startup screen, as Pawain suggested, but the Vendor Search problem remains, *cries*...

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You have to have tool tip enabled to be able to get the info up, I turned it of in the early years and took the longest timer for it but then you cant use vendor search and other features.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Off topic, (which tomorrow is the tomorrow of the login server being taken down for maintenance?)