• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I can't get UOAutomap to show the houses as it follows me around Yew.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I recently got a new computer....have worked getting uoam back using Kojak's directions. I always log in UO as an administrator using UOAssist. I say in UOAssist it should save buildings etc. to the map but it doesn't. What am I doing wrong. I love UO but I am not good at the technical aspects. I had three family members to plug things in and set up stuff, but now I live alone.... I must be missing something. It has the right coordinates etc. Please give a very old (18 years of playing plus many more decades of real life) but rather dense person some hepl, I mean help. Thanks all!!!

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
in uoam, under the UO menu option do you have "Track Player" checked?

edit: i read your other post and you weren't seeing buildings or houses on the map. my suggestion won't help log the houses. for some reason i thought logging houses didn't work anymore but i could be wrong. in the uoam control panel the UOAssist tab gives an option to "Log Houses to this file:" it didn't work when i tried it.

Last edited:

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Interesting Angel. I had once mapped almost all of Trammel and some of Malas, maybe in 2006 or earlier... on several different shards. Of course it has changed so much since then. Lol... Ima call one of my daughters later and ask her....just realized it won't help since I offered her all of my maps but she never took them. Argh, I have also never driven a car. Many things I regret in me old age, but actually I have a great library of books and paintings I have done. But, UO seems to be the current "love of my life." Thanks... I did have that set about logging stuff but it didn't work. Duh. You are very helpful and kind, and, of course, a Stratics Legend!!!

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the house mapping doesn't work anymore since they introduced custom houses

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Aha! Thank you Lollipop Man! At least I'll know which vendor is the one I'm looking for in Luna now, with the coordinates available.. And I'm assuming the same is true of Cartographer so I'm glad I tried good old AutoMap since I do not like EC...