• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

i cant beleave how

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stupid people are lets try and have some fun in the game , oh wait klets get banned for trying to give something to the people playing uo , so we can finally close uo because kr sucks , ea you need to fire ea.mithic there bad for uo they suck , dont kill uo , ea please bann the gm's for banning the deal or no deal folks , or at least fire them . i swear you guys are frickin idots .

your chaseing off all of uo players , keep up the good work (m-o-r-o-n-s)

you are doing all you can to kill this game , first you took and destroyed pvp , now your destroying all other aspects in this game , again good job .

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey elb can you post on your museum a web site to show us all you have on the other shard you have another museum at ?

id sure love to see pictures of it

E

Elbryan Uthador

Well they do advertise their website ingame, and it has sponsers that sell items for cash. That is against the TOS and it has been discussed at length on uhall.

They should have known better.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even so, that could mean there will be half as many events happening in UO, if they hang it up over this. Sad.

E

Elbryan Uthador

hey elb can you post on your museum a web site to show us all you have on the other shard you have another museum at ?

id sure love to see pictures of it

What other museum? My wife and I have one museum and its here on Napa. I moved it out of Luna to Chad's old house. I will have it open hopefully next weekend....on that note

I am looking for 8 plain bulrushes and 7 plain pampass grass.

E

Elbryan Uthador

Even so, that could mean there will be half as many events happening in UO, if they hang it up over this. Sad.

I agree with you Pete, but with all the recent activity they should have watched what they were doing. Someone with a grudge had to have paged on them.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If uoguide was banned for just 1 item, & WRR has the link to numerous items for RL cash, did they think this would go by unnoticed & nothing said by someone on the numerous shards they spread their link on? Especially considering the numerous people that have received bans for links advertising items for cash. Seriously, neither move by EA was smart, both sites help the UO Community. But unfortunately they make the rules & both URL's broke them. Be it good or bad, they do make the call. EA needs to get their act together & give people some guidelines that do not conflict with their own actions & they need to decide fast.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If uoguide was banned for just 1 item, & WRR has the link to numerous items for RL cash
I think that perhaps a distinction should be made between banner advertising versus selling items directly from the website. Stratics has banner advertising, for example, but I do not often see people scrutinizing those banners.

Just a thought.

Many people auto-block banner advertising anyway.

I do agree with everyone that (if it were I) perhaps a more cautious approach to URLs during events would have been warranted.

I take partial responsibility in fact, because, as with anyone, I could have ICQ'd Sandman or Vana and let them know about heightened restrictions (in case they do not read the forums as vigorously as we do.)

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait, what? DonD peeps were banned? wtf man.
Way to further kill any community UO once had.

Maybe we should call it Uno Online as in you don't *need* to interact with the game or anyone in it, just mindlessly grind away for gold and stuff by yourself.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those were not banners I don't think Pete. I block all banners & they were there, now the 2 top links have been removed. Only thing left is one in the left side bar with a link to buy Trans/Gender/Name change, Etc codes & UO gold for cash. Either way, EA has to set guide lines. If you check UO hall this am someone was given a 24 hr "break from UO Session" by a GM for giving out the Stratics url to a noobie to find out information on the game! Ya it's getting more stupid by the hour.

D

dielock

If uoguide was banned for just 1 item, & WRR has the link to numerous items for RL cash, did they think this would go by unnoticed & nothing said by someone on the numerous shards they spread their link on? Especially considering the numerous people that have received bans for links advertising items for cash. Seriously, neither move by EA was smart, both sites help the UO Community. But unfortunately they make the rules & both URL's broke them. Be it good or bad, they do make the call. EA needs to get their act together & give people some guidelines that do not conflict with their own actions & they need to decide fast.
EA get their act together???? Hahahaha! That will be the day! How can a company run by bean counters get their act together? Bean counters have no sense of business, customer wants or anything required to do good business, except bottom line.