• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I can't be the only one....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Debit card expired and had to update info. Forgot about it until I got the "end of sub" email. No biggie, jump on real quick update info...

while doing so I click this continue button like I am supposed to:
hit this.jpg

and it takes me to this:
wtf.jpg

instead of the next page it should. It literally happened all three times for each account. I mean... c'mon... can't they at least get that page correct? I mean it is like an important one or something.....

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Same here. Need to search for Ultima Online every time I am renewing sub.

They are bad at web design. Their website does down every time they post any news on main page.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They can't even write code for a web page properly and we expect these people to code a game?

These clowns couldn't code Pac Man if their lives depended on it!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're dissing the wrong people. Game developers don't code account pages, and broadsword probably don't code EA account management pages either. I think EA forgot they have an eamythic account page to maintain. My credit card company wouldn't let them take my money. I ended up buying game time and applying it instead.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're dissing the wrong people. Game developers don't code account pages, and broadsword probably don't code EA account management pages either. I think EA forgot they have an eamythic account page to maintain. My credit card company wouldn't let them take my money. I ended up buying game time and applying it instead.
I'd say that Broadsword shoulders some of the responsibility to make sure that its customer base has a viable account management system. Sure EA has ultimate ownership of the IP but Broadsword is its custodian. As for UO.com, I do know that Broadsword is responsible for operating that site, and Messena does have direct oversite. So while they may not be the ones coding it, they are the ones that are responsible for make sure the dang thing works from a management perspective.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suppose you're mostly right, but one feels more than occasionally a deep urge to vent about our dev team :twak:... they just greedily ask for it... I find it therapeutic! :grin:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So Bonnie "the boss" Armstrong noticed the expiring ssl certificate a week ago, in her role as the producer send EA a reminder and they still forgot about it?

I was about to think Bonnie just forgot to tell someone to do it in the first place.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So Bonnie "the boss" Armstrong noticed the expiring ssl certificate a week ago, in her role as the producer send EA a reminder and they still forgot about it?

I was about to think Bonnie just forgot to tell someone to do it in the first place.
Someone posted this yesterday.

It says it expired in the last day.

So today is the next day after that date. You have a different date on when it expired?

Looks like it took a few hours to get fixed. And Bonnie was probably not involved at all.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That would be there first mistake if they are using Windows for their web servers LOL.
Nothing wrong with Windows web servers, especially if you like ASP.NET. Until recently, Linux servers didn't support ASP.NET natively, so a lot of sites still use Windows even though it is much more expensive.. Accounts.eamythic.com uses an Apache Server on a CentOS VM.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nothing wrong with Windows web servers, especially if you like ASP.NET. Until recently, Linux servers didn't support ASP.NET natively, so a lot of sites still use Windows even though it is much more expensive.. Accounts.eamythic.com uses an Apache Server on a CentOS VM.
I support both Windows servers running IIS and RedHat running Apache in an enterprise environment. If I had my way we would get rid of all the Windows IIS and stick with Apache.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone posted this yesterday.

It says it expired in the last day.

So today is the next day after that date. You have a different date on when it expired?

Looks like it took a few hours to get fixed. And Bonnie was probably not involved at all.
Usually those certificates get re-newed weeks before they expire. Providers sent out reminders weeks in advance.

Nobody at Broadsword was overseeing that process.

Thus blaming Broadsword is perfectly reasonable.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Usually those certificates get re-newed weeks before they expire. Providers sent out reminders weeks in advance.

Nobody at Broadsword was overseeing that process.

Thus blaming Broadsword is perfectly reasonable.
I think this is a similar example. The Dallas Cowboys website could be reached by typing cowboys.com but a few years ago their contract expired and that site name became a site I can not talk about here. Now I see it is for sale cause the other contract expired.

Looks like things like this happen. You blamed a specific person. Now you switched to blame broadsword. Maybe because you do not have access to every employees duties list. If that is on her list then she us to blame. If not then she is not.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think this is a similar example. The Dallas Cowboys website could be reached by typing cowboys.com but a few years ago their contract expired and that site name became a site I can not talk about here. Now I see it is for sale cause the other contract expired.

Looks like things like this happen. You blamed a specific person. Now you switched to blame broadsword. Maybe because you do not have access to every employees duties list. If that is on her list then she us to blame. If not then she is not.
When I say Broadsword I ultimatively mean Bonnie as we all know she oversees all things UO within Broadsword. There is little excuse for letting a certificate or domain expire, both is pretty poor. And it's totally fine to call that out.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have to hit the back button and then forward again to get it to work and go to the CC update page instead of to some other EA page. I use Microsoft Edge.

Having said that, over the past year and frustration over this mechanic, I've mainly started using codes and generally put on a year's worth so I can mark on my personal calendar when to expect to add more.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to hit the back button and then forward again to get it to work and go to the CC update page instead of to some other EA page. I use Microsoft Edge.

Having said that, over the past year and frustration over this mechanic, I've mainly started using codes and generally put on a year's worth so I can mark on my personal calendar when to expect to add more.
Yep, the random landing on the EA page instead of the credit card page while trying to update your UO account has been happening for quite a while now. A year feels about right. I do like you do--hit the back button--and then it works correctly to get you to the credit card page.