• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I cannot login to the game with 2D client when I use Windows 11 Pro 64bit JPN

Riesz

Visitor
Hi. I have a problem.

I cannot log in to the UO with 2D client since I have installed Windows 11. When I choose my avatar and try to log in to the Britannia, the client program crashes and ends with a message “this incident will be reported to Microsoft”.

I have reported this problem to the Support team and Dev team. But they replied no valid answer so far.

Is there anyone who can not play UO 2D client after you updated Windows into 11 Pro 64bit?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not having any issues with Win11 Pro64 US version, and US client.

It can probably be one of several things.

First of all, have you tried logging in with a different character/avatar, or is it just that one?
If it's just that one that's an issue, you may have to go into the folder where your game settings are stored, and delete its settings in the folders (usually found in your documents folder) DO NOT delete the character in-game.

Second, If it's all characters, try uninstalling and reinstalling the 2D client. IF you want, backup your settings (see above) first, but usually those aren't effected by an uninstall.

If neither of those work, it's something more complicated, and out of my area of expertise.

Riesz

Visitor
I'm not having any issues with Win11 Pro64 US version, and US client.
Second, If it's all characters, try uninstalling and reinstalling the 2D client. IF you want, backup your settings (see above) first, but usually those aren't effected by an uninstall.
After backing up the character information and others, I uninstalled and reinstalled the 2D client.
Then I was able to log in successfully.
I put all the character info back for every shard and now everything is OK.

I did not use the old character information folder.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

P.S. I also like the "MACROSS" series.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After backing up the character information and others, I uninstalled and reinstalled the 2D client.
Then I was able to log in successfully.
I put all the character info back for every shard and now everything is OK.

I did not use the old character information folder.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

P.S. I also like the "MACROSS" series.
No Problem...

By the way, we're finally getting Macross 7, Macross Frontier and Macross Delta officially in the US this year - it was announced last weekend. We had to depend of fan-created subtitled translations before then.