• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I anticipate some angry individuals...

D

DVI

Some of the new turn-in rewards

- A special Luck bracelet and ring
- Virtue tiles (to see what these look like, visit the Chamber of the Virtues in central Britain.)
- A beehive
- an archery butte
- a firepit
- a nest with eggs
- a yucca tree, a stand of bamboo, or a potted cactus
- a mounted Dragon head, for hanging on the wall
- Horse Barding (for decoration only!)

Some of the turn in items

- Holiday and Valentine's gifts
- SoS and MiBs
- Power and stat scrolls (all kinds)
- Treasure maps
- Artifacts (various kinds - minor, Doom, etc)
- Grobu's Fur
- Fishing Nets

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Aye the nest with eggs will upset a few. The rest of the items aside from the Yucca are great. Can the hand in items also be used towards current rewards being handed out?

L

Limlight

1. How do you know this?
2. What are you thinking people will be mad about?
3. Man, I am one lucky SOB...just like I kept my hundreds upon hundreds of cursed arties...I also kept hundreds upon hundreds of all this garbage here...lol

D

DVI

1. I read uo.com.
2. I high lighted the items that will upset people.
3. Even if you turned in all your cursed artys and other items, the minors and low level ps are so cheap that anyone who knows will be clearing their shard out.

L

Limlight

1. I rarely ever read UO.com
2. I am a dumbass
3. *expects certain places with these items to be camped heavily*

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only thing that really sucks in my opinion is the birds nest. It was one of the items that was on my desired list and only high rare in that list - now it will be just a boring common item.

D

DVI

I've already acquired over 300 items in the past 20 mins for 5k or less per item

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tomas, I would suppose that, like other server birth items, this bird's nest will not be worded the same as the rare one.. help me out here, guys, a server birth flask is not the same as the crafted one, yes? so obtaining that very rare nest would still, at least for me, give that rush of accomplishment, and for others, like myself, that would probably never have a shot at an item like that, well, we still get that great little graphic

make sense? while I really enjoy the 'rare' part of collecting, it's the item that pleases, rare or not

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the name will be different, but maybe we can convince them to make it so before they release heh.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The purpose of this entire arc IMO was:

1. To enjoy some new pvm
2. Getting new mount for tamers
3. Ability to turn in many of the old collected items for various of trade backs.
so with the 3rd point in mind, as I have stated before, the rewards should address the players are new as 1 day to as old as 11 years. What I meant by that is, keep certain rewards cheap enough for the new players to collect and enjoy (like you have done that so far), but also keep some rewards very very expensive so that the older veterans will be able to get it easier than the newer players. This way everyone can enjoy. This second round of items other than the birdnest (which I have) :( are great, but please keep their reward points high. As you can see from the first round of rewards, many people can easily get the Kight's armor pieces and they are circulating around at 5 mil per piece. So a 100k point item for 5 mil is hardly what I considered rare. Now if the item like beehive was worth 2 million points, then that would force me to play night and day and have a nice goal to reach for. 2 mil pts = 100 mil item.

Its like this, if they offer a turn in of Invalis Bruchete with 2 million points, then they should offer an reward thats 2 million points or more.

I think beehive should be worth 2 million
dragon head statue 2 million
bird nest if they have it 3-4 million points
and same accordingly with others. It is afterall a level 2 turn in

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sucks the nest with eggs is in this turn in ;/

On a side note im glad i sold the 10 or so firepits I had a while ago! :p

But there is probably more to why we are turning in all these items...

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly don't understand why they have to ruin more rares .. The turn in would have been ok without the fire pit and the nest. It's just a needless stab at the rares community.

D

DVI

While I agree its needless, I'm guessin that its not an intentional attack but more likely ignorance or a lack of common sense.

They probably didn't consider the rarity of the fire pit, just said it would be a nice item to have, and as to the birds nest I'ld be suprised if most of the devs even know that such an item exists.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I agree its needless, I'm guessin that its not an intentional attack but more likely ignorance or a lack of common sense.

They probably didn't consider the rarity of the fire pit, just said it would be a nice item to have, and as to the birds nest I'ld be suprised if most of the devs even know that such an item exists.
We know about the nest and a simple google search for 'nest with eggs Ultima Online' gives you several hits to rares websites.
A similar thing would have given them a similar insight into the rarity of the firepit.

Hopefully the Rares Council will help prevent these sort of things. I think it's highly frustrating EA still does not consider rares collecting a worthwhile profession in UO.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope the firepit will be something different than the rubble one. The Magincia rubble was a perfect revitilization to the rares market and now it looks like they are going to destroy some of the best pieces. The Yukka and Fire Pit were the most high end, why do this to them?

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three of the best rubble pieces, ordered by worth:

Fire pit 25-35 Mil

Yucca Tree 40-50 Mil

Fire 75-100 Mil

..Lookout fire, here comes Draconi. *grumble* rolleyes:

D

DVI

Three of the best rubble pieces, ordered by worth:

Fire pit 25-35 Mil

Yucca Tree 40-50 Mil

Fire 75-100 Mil

..Lookout fire, here comes Draconi. *grumble* rolleyes:
I'ld say the price range on the fire pit is a bit conservative, and they made no mention in their post of there being a fire as a turn-in reward.

Also while its not a rubble item, the birds nest with eggs would be worth substantially more than any single piece of rubble.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very well aware of the points you have made, but thank you for making them for the public.... as my post was quite unclear.

What I meant to say was, "gosh, if they are nerfing these, what's next?!" :)

I also rather wittily inserted a jest, due to Draconi's constant reputation of being an arson hound and various official personnel saying something to the effect of "hey, if you think that's something, we have given him a flamethrower now!"

T

TramMoonWalker

what make me still scared is the revealed turn-ins in FoF are some of new rewards.
for instance, Jeremy or Draconi said there will be mouse hole in p53.
not only a fire pit, but there might be a fire *sigh*
i wouldnt oppose their challenge though, i just hope they add a line on rewards like Cleanup 2008 or [replica]

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, there are also supposedly two additional armor sets as well. I encouraged Draconi at the time to leave the pieces at 200,000 points each, and still lament his decision to lower it. Maybe these will be higher point-cost, but probably not -- we can hope at least.

Some official person on the old forum assured us when the turn-in first appeared that there would be nothing big coming along in pub53, so we should not save up our points -- just go ahead and spend them...."just a mouse hole," they said. It turns out she/he was quite wrong. In fact, these new deco items are totally out of left field!

They could very well relabel them, but see the value of a serverbirth tray after the release of Mondain's Legacy..... we need look no further, because once the demand for the graphic is met, nearly everyone is perfectly happy with choosing the path of least resistance in order to obtain it.

Not to seem ungrateful for the team's effort at all, but I'm not a multi-billionaire like most here, so the odd 10 or 20 mil loss/devaluation is a bigger deal.

Lastly, I'm betting these deco items will be low-cost rewards.

C

Cysphruo

They are deco items, of course theyre going to eventually incorporate them into the game as theyve run out of new stuff to add, you should know this before owning any server birth/event items and accept the fate.

V

Vahne

Granted, I don't have either of those three items, but odds are they will be renamed or give a special tag or something. The ML tray did not make me value my server birth tray any less. If it makes some house decorator happy to have a cheap ripoff to deco with well then power to them. Now if they release a dupe of a two story statue...well that's different.:D

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BIG call and HARD call...

The statement runs true...

If anyone owns a server rare then at the end of the day its only ingame pixel items, never intended for public use...and the devs in there wisdom can choose to ''release'' whatever ingame items they wish or see fit i guess....

So on that assumption the Devs may release birds nests , 2 story statues or scaffolding or whatever they choose and anyone who as got the old treasured server item MAY have to chew the fat iam afraid.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You people are all talking about the fire pit like they mean it's the campfire pit that was available as rubble from magincia.. don't think you this could possibly be the "fire pit" from Samurai Empire that nobody has ever gotten yet instead?

As for the nest and tree... i'm betting all of the things mentioned so far will be add-ons like the 9th anny stuff... shouldn't devalue the originals very much at all. As an example... the broken furniture rubble from Magincia (armoire, etc) sure seems to have quite a damn bit of value regardless of the fact we've already gotten them before on a far more common scale.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont forget the beehives (like vesper with bees i hope!!!), archery butts -( all over) and the Horse Barding (like the horse armour in minoc estate agent) -
All 3 are 'new' awesome decoration pieces to get hold of...i can see points close if not on par with the knight armour for these 3 items= 50,000 -100,000 points!

As for the other stuff like birds nest etc ,when u think about it its only like the first doom stealables after AOS, they were also server birth items , exactly the same graphics but differnt when moused over, also the heritage stuff runs too like the old covered chair!! everyone always wanted a old covered chair and thanks to the devs everyone got one..so it aint all bad...and likewise the heritage stuff looks same graphically but u can tell when u mouse over it.

I think the devs said once before they are reintroducing lots of new and old decor items for everyone to enjoy from throughout the UO world..

M

Melina Havelock

For those of you who collect, I can understand why you are upset. It certainly would be ideal if these items had different graphics and/or labels. But, I wish they would stop making items that should be available to craft or grow as rewards or promo items. The lilypads which sold for okay prices as rubble were a part of the lost 5th generation of plants. While I hope to pick up a yucca with my points, I would much rather grow it. The rares community isn't the only profession the devs continue to slap in the face. :lame:

M

Moby Grape

If they put everything out in deeds, except for the ring and brac, then no problem, same as heritage items.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope there all deeds as well =) and i think some of them will have to be at least the bees and hive if we get bees will have to be.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There u are.. Problem solved for the Rares collectors..

Make all the new items choice form a deed like the heritage items...SIMPLE

Make the deeds ALL the same with say 8 choices say 50k-100k points so that a player can choose whatever gift they want from the clean up phase2 deed!!!

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that the developers will release a rehued and renamed item with same graphic. Developers do care about rares but it is next to impossible to know what everything exists out there and mistakes happen.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those of you who collect, I can understand why you are upset. It certainly would be ideal if these items had different graphics and/or labels. But, I wish they would stop making items that should be available to craft or grow as rewards or promo items. The lilypads which sold for okay prices as rubble were a part of the lost 5th generation of plants. While I hope to pick up a yucca with my points, I would much rather grow it. The rares community isn't the only profession the devs continue to slap in the face. :lame:
and a flowering cactus in the rewards, I see...... they should flower now if we keep them alive long enough

:cursing:

ah well

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We know about the nest and a simple google search for 'nest with eggs Ultima Online' gives you several hits to rares websites.
A similar thing would have given them a similar insight into the rarity of the firepit.

Hopefully the Rares Council will help prevent these sort of things. I think it's highly frustrating EA still does not consider rares collecting a worthwhile profession in UO.
I once owned the nest and eggs on Napa, I left UO for a couple of years and came back to search for one to own again. I log on yesterday to find they are making it an item that anyone can own now. I don't even care if they change the graphics, it's still a nest and eggs. I am now thankful that I didn't buy or trade for one before this happened as I no longer wish to spend millions to have something that is not going to be rare anymore. They did the same to the covered chair, empty vials, vase and countless other things. Don't get me wrong, I always love new stuff but why copy something they have already put out only to make it not rare anymore. I think that someone who works for UO needs to quit being lazy and come up with new things and quit trying to ruin it for the ones who do love collecting rares. Just my opinion :)