• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am NOT quitting

• Thread starter imported_Qute Pi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

I keep seeing all these posts about people quitting. Everyone has a different play style and the game isn’t meant for everyone. I am sorry to see people leave, but it has been happening for many years now, no point in trying to stop anyone.

Sure there are game issues, problems and lack of answers at times, but I have been a dedicated player for so long, that it would be pointless to give up now, when so much is changing. (Yes I hate how we are ignored on the blog, with questions we have regarding posts – but it’s no reason to quit. Try asking at the Town Hall.)

Everything they do we complain about. Nothing they do makes us happy. Well excluding maybe 10% in every situation. I would rather them focus on the changes than sit on the blog and answer every question that comes in.

Patience in this game is necessary, especially during all these changes.

I understand this game will NOT be TSO. Maybe that is where I can see the positive side. Of course I love TSO, but it was getting a little repetitive for awhile, and it’s nice to see the game be brought back to life.

Maybe if you liked running a store in TSO, you won’t enjoy it in EAL. The same goes for all property categories. Sometimes you have to experiment with your options and give new things a try.

Things don’t happen overnight.

Skilling is still boring, money making is slow, but when all is said and done, I’m sure that will be changed too. Plus the bonuses are fixed.

However they did listen to us when we asked them to hurry and open ea land. They listened to us when we asked for more items. They are trying to make things right with the amnesty program. The listened to us when we complained about the old TSO economy. I haven’t experienced serious lag too often in EA Land, so they must be working on that as well. They give us super speed skilling, or higher payouts at times. They give us developers in game at Town Hall, and a schedule to follow if we have questions. It’s nice to get answers directly, and possible. Eventually or finally, we’ll be getting 4 & 5 year gifts, and while some may call me shallow, yes that is partially why I have stuck with it. I pay for my accounts, just to receive a pixilated item. Sue me.

Anyway, they gave us quicker download of the game. They gave us avatar book (which I don’t use) but it could be a cool feature. And they listened to us when we got mad about our bookmarks being public. There is more, of course I won’t list as this post is already a book. But on top of all that, our developers are very helpful, understanding and fun to talk to…at times. I think we got lucky with our team, and our expectations are too high.

So…I ask that players be patient, as this will be a new game, even for us original founders.

For those who want to quit, I just don’t understand your reasoning. There is so much to this game besides skilling and making money and owning a store, yet I hardly ever see an entertainment property, love property, or any other property open for that matter. Try something new! Get involved. Make the fun, don’t wait for it to come to you, our game isn’t that advance yet. But in time I believe it will be.

$10 a month = $2.50 a week = $.36 cents a day. It’s not like you’re over paying for what you play…unless you’re like me with multiple accounts, which is a choice…

(I feel like that commercial…for only $.36 cents a day you can help feed starving children in Africa. Lol.)

For only $.36 cents a day you can help keep TSO / EAL alive! Will you please help us?

D

Dita'

I agree with you 100%. There are problems but I love this game.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Qute..You are so RIGHT!! I feel so bad for all my complaining here. I guess I was whining sissy tears because I missed the train on the 1st round. The bottom line is, I love this game. I also think that the pissing and moaning should be saved for your next door neighbor if it pertains to some of the new features because they ARE NEW! Let's work together simmies and have fun the way we use to. The complaining has almost become an epidemic and ya know what, if ya can't handle the new developement, take a break but for Pete's sake, why don't we give the Dev's a break. They are working night and day to make this game as awesome as it ever was and I like the new TSO.

I

imported_debslee

Thank you for this post, so nice that for once there arnt complaints, negativity, and "Dev Bashing" to read through. Good on ya! Lets hope many people read this post!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I am NOT quitting.

I've never been one to live in the past. Don't long for yesteryears. Nostalgia isn't part of my life.

This year promises to be one of many changes and I'm buckled up for the ride.

The people, the community and the society of TSO is always evolving and I have never tired of watching it.

G

I am not quitting- but I do have an eternal ban on all things related to EAL ATM's.

G

Lovely post QP thanks!

While I will admit that the idea of quitting has crossed my mind from time to time over the last few weeks, that wouldnt mean closing my main acct. I've paid for it for 5 years and I wont stop now. Another reason I wont quit is for every 10 complainers out there, I'm able to help 1 person enjoy their gaming experience more. To me helping even that 1 person makes it all worthwhile. Thankfully there are a few that help me back and tell me good things, that keeps me here too.

I too go through all the frustration, but this seems like the worst time for anyone to close all their accts. I could see closing all but one, and stopping in to see changes, but to quit all together at this time of so much excitement seems foolish to me.

Its so wonderful to wake up to a postivie post, most appreciated.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

No, I can't pay and play for something that won't run on my computer. I wish the opposite was true though.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Sorry to hear that cookie. Did you try all possible solutions and know for sure you need a new pc?

I

imported_Qute Pi

Awww, we all get frustrated, but keep hanging in there!
We appreciate you more than you know Niki. And those that don't...don't matter anyway.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry to hear that cookie. Did you try all possible solutions and know for sure you need a new pc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely. But I dunno...better start saving.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Well if any of us can assist you with your problems you should start a post and let us try.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

So refreshing to have a positive post and even more so to see the whingers and knockers didn't jump on and start complaining.

It is all to easy to complain and focus on the negative, but all that gets us is more things to pancake about and be unhappy with.

A little appreciation goes a long way. If we focus on what we have, and have patience to wait til changes are in effect and fully functional, then we will have less to stress about.

Unfortunately, no matter how well the game runs, how 'perfect' it is, how much we are given, there will still be people who will complain.

*whispers* Bring on the end of the month when Mercury turns direct and computer,communication and planning issues start to settle down again.

I

imported_Founder

Of course you not gonna quit ---TOLD YA! I know you too well

Me: 524 You: 0

Nobody really quits TSO. I quit 2 years ago and came back; then quit again and came back again.

Once TSOer, always a TSOer.

My question is, whats thepoint when those quitters start I QUIT THREADS...thats like self-trolling.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So refreshing to have a positive post and even more so to see the whingers and knockers didn't jump on and start complaining.

It is all to easy to complain and focus on the negative, but all that gets us is more things to pancake about and be unhappy with.

A little appreciation goes a long way. If we focus on what we have, and have patience to wait til changes are in effect and fully functional, then we will have less to stress about.

Unfortunately, no matter how well the game runs, how 'perfect' it is, how much we are given, there will still be people who will complain.

*whispers* Bring on the end of the month when Mercury turns direct and computer,communication and planning issues start to settle down again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Congratulations - you have just invited all the "whingers and knockers " to drop in and defend themselves and their opinions.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Congratulations - you have just invited all the "whingers and knockers " to drop in and defend themselves and their opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no reason to defend anything with this post.
I kept seeing all of the people stating their quitting, and I just wanted everyone to know that I'm not. lol. and the reasons why...

I'm not putting any one down, I've been known to complain just as much as the next. However I believe many people easily see the negative of a situation, and sometimes it takes a little more to see the positive.

I'm the type of player, when I'm bored with one thing, I do something else. I think patience is key in this game, starting 3 years ago...and hopefully with time it won't be necessary because this game will be GREAT!

That is what I patiently look forward to...in the meantime I will be a pro at the new game, because I choose to experience everything that is offered.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

My question is, whats thepoint when those quitters start I QUIT THREADS...thats like self-trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.
Why don't you start a thread and ask them? Because as you can seeeeeeee I am NOT quitting. lol

(And its not 524 to 0 - you're wrong because I said so.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no reason to defend anything with this post.
I kept seeing all of the people stating their quitting, and I just wanted everyone to know that I'm not. lol. and the reasons why...

I'm not putting any one down, I've been known to complain just as much as the next. However I believe many people easily see the negative of a situation, and sometimes it takes a little more to see the positive.

I'm the type of player, when I'm bored with one thing, I do something else. I think patience is key in this game, starting 3 years ago...and hopefully with time it won't be necessary because this game will be GREAT!

That is what I patiently look forward to...in the meantime I will be a pro at the new game, because I choose to experience everything that is offered.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was replying to Fire Dragon.

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol I know. I'm just not sure about all that ttl lingo so I just respond to whatever lol. I was putting in my 2 cents to the thought.

H

HoTDeViL

I am not quitting also.
i started back in october 2002 in alphaville in betatest.
was playing until the money exploit happend about 1 year ago. i got really mad and quit . build up a business in SL and now after 1 year i am finally back again to TSO (EA-Land)

and guess what?

I now know how i missed it

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol I know. I'm just not sure about all that ttl lingo so I just respond to whatever lol. I was putting in my 2 cents to the thought.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. If you quote the person to whom you are replying, the reasonable assumption is that you are are responding to the quote.

If you want to "TTL" or "NOIP", do so without the quote, and there will be no confusion.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I've been told before what TTL means, but I dont remember, and I dont know what NOIP means either. It must be that selective memory of mine. lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've been told before what TTL means, but I dont remember, and I dont know what NOIP means either. It must be that selective memory of mine. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]TTL = Tagging to Last
NOIP = No One In Particular

I

imported_princess45001

im quitting if no1 comes to my new house!!!!! lol j/k im hanging in there hoping for best:)my faith is renewed since i got this site to read whenever their fixing game hehe

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol.

Where is your new house?
Make it and they will come...thats what I'm always told.

I

imported_princess45001

lmao its skill house in ealand.playmate mansion:)

G

I'm still not sure where the game is going but I'm along for the ride. I had to quit for a while due to real life financial issues. But I'm back and I'm staying til the end. I have been so impressed with the devs and all the work they're trying to do. How many times have you seen them working on weekends or late at night? Lee has told stories of how they've slept at the office before. I really believe they have a dedication to this game and are trying as hard as they can to save it. Thanks, guys!!!

G

Great post Qute Pi, very well said

I can't help wondering how things would be today if they'd gone ahead and built a new city - one that we would have been unable to move our old sims and possessions into. One that we would never have the opportunity to merge into. One that would have meant simply closing the old version of TSO as we know it.

It would probably would have been much easier for them to do that, but they listened to the community that begged to keep hold of elements of the "old game". Its a shame that so many are not patient enough to wait (which seems kind of strange to me after having waited for years and getting diddly squat) or are not prepared to work through the inevitable problems and hiccups along the way.

Oh yeah and in case it needed saying, I'm not quitting either.

Polly

G

Qute you always know how to phrase things so perfectly. I agree all around.. things are changing and getting better each day. Things take time they cant and wont happen over nite. I'm not a founder but been around for almost a year. Won't be leaving anytime soon no matter what. This is a great fun game and have made many friends. The cost of the game is peanuts ... we all just need to keep on going.. There is no other game I've played that has developers available to talk to live and to help even if they are off the clock ( yes lee directed at you
) They care for this game and are trying to make it better daily. We all need to relax and help them and let them know on the bugs in game... let them know how great of a job they are doing... and how we appreciate their help and commitment. We have the best Dev Team around..

And qute... i wont let you quite even if you tried

I

imported_Qute Pi

Ladi!
I miss you! I've been trying to contact you!! Will keep trying lol.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Polly, you are so right about how we would feel if they had closed TSO and started fresh. I appreciate the fact that we get to keep our old sims and items, in the new game. That is enough for me to be patient.

G

Im in EAland too..and in TC3... kept same names with a little ' ..lol come find me...lol I keep missing you when you come see me in tc3.. and still in CC my home
not giving up on that...

V

ValarieNicoleBF

I don't play the game for the skills or money, I play it for the people. I love meeting new people, and hanging out with ones I've known a Long time. Yes, their are people who are well complete ... Donkeys, but I find it funny. I also find fun in the game, if there isn't any, I go do something else (RL stuff, Pogo, Yahoo Games) and make some moolah or skill while I do.I will never quit this game as long as I have friends that make me laugh and well, make the game worth while. So, I'm NOT quitting either.