• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am not dead...

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

...but rather in some sort of Twilight Zone limbo at the moment.

I have not posted for two reasons:

Number One...I have honestly had no notion of what to say (or not say). Seriously.

Number Two...okay, this one is admittedly silly, buuuut...I haven't been able to bring myself to post with that ignominious-as-hell "Grand Poobah" stupid title glued to my forehead. I know, I know, it's a dumb reason, but there you go. *wry grin*

To be perfectly honest, I still have very little information as to what is going on, myself. I've not heard anything from anyone in about a day and a half, so I have no idea which way the wind may be presently blowing. All I can do is cross my fingers and wait for some word, along with the rest of you.

Having said that (yeah, I know...I still haven't really said anything *laughs*) I must add that you...ALL of you...absolutely blow me away. When someone first informed me of that petition thread on UHall. I was filled with absolute dread. Utter horror. I didn't even want to open and read it, convinced it would be overflowing with a bunch of posters jumping up and down, hollering their heads off and generally making a nasty scene. "Oh GREAT!", I was thinking to myself, "This is going to make me look like some freaking, resentful agitator, and TOTALLY blow any chance I may have at being reinstated! GAAAAHHH!!"

I was so wrong, and for that, I apologize to each and every one of you. As I read that thread, I was filled with pride as post after post merely underscored what is so fine and right about this forum, and with our community here...each a warm, intelligent, reasoned statement without negativity, each impassioned but with that core of civility and conviction that has become our trademark here. Despite your confusion and anger and upset, you all, I think, have been showing us at our best...and I find myself at a loss to think of any greater compliment for what I have tried to accomplish here. I cannot tell you how much you all mean to me...it's too large to constrain with words.

That's about all I can say at present (before coffee, don't you know :), save to mention that Joram was given no more notice in this situation than I was.

Hopefully, all will be worked out...if I ever hear anything, I will let you all know. *runs and hides before that stupid, STUPID title shows up on her post*

B

BranWyn

Grand Poobah :) hehehe

GOOD to hear from you Dor!

*crosses fingers hopes everything works out *

*****starts chanting*****

Stratics tells us us we have no choice
Members show we have a voice!
Stratics we will make you stop it
We want DOR who was our prophet!
Bring her back to MOD our boards
OR you will find us leave in HOARDS!

I

imported_Kahlan_Amnell

LOL Grand Poobah is a NEAT title Dor. LOOL.
Now just sit back and relax, until you will be again our moderator. Enjoy the peace before you ll have again to mod us, hehehe.
Welcome back Dor!

K

Krysma Doomspeak

damn See what happens when you aren't around! Hope you get your job back Dor Don't Know what this is all about! Just had too say I always Enjoyed Every post of yours i ever read!!!!

R

Reachwind

Grand Poobah is pretty bad... maybe you should just go on a posting spree 'til you hit 10,000 so you can pick a custom title ;)

Now that you aren't a mod maybe you could start posting in a more agressive manner though eh? Think of it as an open invitation to be reckless and dangerous. :D

A

Ascension

Dor, I must apologize. I will never bash your coffee again, it is not "dirt water of the gods" as I called it. Good to see you are posting here again, we have lost or nearly lost a bunch of people over the last few days. Best of luck in everything.

L

Lady Vixen

Glad to see you hun:) we all miss you and hope all goes well:)

S

spinkickr

STRANGER !! :p

Good to see you on the boards still, my friend, good to see you

Sorry i didnt make it in time to catch you at the Y yesterday, my dads flight got changed, so i didnt get back and online til like 4 am, your time

anywho, Grand Poobahs need funny hats, its the law, so what does yours look like? :p

P

Pluffina

HI DOR!

OMG SO happy to see your name on a thread again, Poobah or no Poobah.

Yup this is a pretty dern fabulous community we have here in the board that Dor built -- you SHOULD be proud-- I too was delighted to see how civilised and sincere the petition thread was.

FOr those of you wondering where the thread went -- it is still up -- Threads do not get BUMPED on U-hall. They start at the top and sink as others are added....

Love,
Pluffy

C

CitizenKane2

Dor, your silence was so worrying. I'm very gald to see you post again. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm keeping my fingers (and toes !) crossed and hope that everything works out.

A

Amroth.

Dor, its good to hear from you. I hope you get Reinstated soon.