• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I am fed up with being treated like a second-class citizen (The struggle of being an Xsharder)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get shunned by the players who consider their shard "home" to only them and noone else.
I get screwed over by EMs who intentionally try to mislead us because we aren't "one of them"
I get talked down to, spit upon, and treated like trash

I apologize I don't play the game like you do. I don't play just one shard, that's not how *I* like to play. I pay my subscription fee, I train my characters, I play the game MY way. Yet there are people who continually try to force me to play how "they" think I should.

We sit here and wonder why the population dwindles. Look in the mirror, and this toxic community has itself partially to blame.

You can remove the words Xsharder, and apply it to various other areas of the game (Multi-clienters, pvpers, pvers, RPers, ect) We are always so quick to tell people how THEY should be playing the game, so concentrated on pushing people out from YOUR community.

Its sickening.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry your home shard did you dirty solus. it really is borderline corruption. i guess we cant expect basic honesty from EMs anymore. a very sad day for UO i wouldnt blame you for moving to another game at this point.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are you referring to last night's EM event on Chessy?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The EM said only that fighting was over, but that there was more, mostly RP, to come. He never said the event was over; indeed, it went on for another 90 minutes or so, and was intensely lore-heavy - it also explained how the first half of the event didn't break global lore. Noone pushed anyone out, nor was anyone told to leave. Many did choose leave, though, after the boss was killed and there was no drop. It was only those native to Chessie who did stay for the second half of the event.

Solus, I have no issues with you. You behave well at events, and do indeed try to follow the local lore. However, you and I both know that there's some who attend events and seem to be there simply to disrupt them, walking on EMs, yelling over them, ignoring them or requests to leave pets outside, being outright rude to them in chat and in game... I've seen this on many shards, though it seems to be worst at Chessie events. I don't know who the EMs are, outside of their EM roles, but these same players walk among us, and likely buy/sell/trade with us. That means they also likely see the nastiness that gets chatted about them, whether it's posted or simply in game.

Specifically on Chessie and Oceania, but also on many other shards I've been to, I think the local players have had enough. If you go to a different shard, and behave well, then noone has reason to have an issue. The problems folks have with "XSharders" isn't because someone x-shards, but rather because the folks behaving badly tend to be x-sharders. *I* am a frequent x-sharder. Yet I've always treated folks with respect, and personally, have never had issues, other than being lumped in as "one of them". If we all stop accepting such behaviour when it happens, x-sharder or not, then maybe the situation will improve; after all, there's not any difference between someone native to a shard and someone who isn't, as long as the non-native person is activing as if they *were* native, while visiting...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was only those native to Chessie who did stay for the second half of the event.
wrong. me, olcher, longtooths, warpig, and a few others who dont do heavy rp stayed till we got back to brit. the average player would have had no idea that it was a stealing event. i guess we will see how many people actually caught the allusions to it being a stealing event. i cant see more than 1 or 2 people realizing it. not a good situation and very similar to the EM corruption of early 2000s. @Mesanna this situation needs attention.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never specifically mentioned any shard or EM. I have written an email to Mesanna, and thats the only person I need to issue my specific complaint to.

But yet again:
Who the cares what shard you are from, who cares how many clients you use....Its all fricken BS. You all have yourselves to blame for people leaving this game.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The EM said only that fighting was over, but that there was more, mostly RP, to come. He never said the event was over; indeed, it went on for another 90 minutes or so, and was intensely lore-heavy - it also explained how the first half of the event didn't break global lore. Noone pushed anyone out, nor was anyone told to leave. Many did choose leave, though, after the boss was killed and there was no drop. It was only those native to Chessie who did stay for the second half of the event..
This is an outright lie. I asked for a pee break. The em then said that there wouldn't be any more fighting and there's just a little RP left so "I could go" if I wanted to. We had already invested over TWO HOURS in this event and participating with the story so don't act like only Chessy natives care about the role play or story.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
*raises hand* would gladly lose out on billions than sit through 3 hours of role play......if you made it to the end of that and stole what ever it was kudos to ya! you deserve it lol <<<< Chessy native =)

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
block of text
The EM said that the fighting was over and it's ONLY rp to come, not mostly. Last I checked stealing isn't ONLY RP. I was there to the bitter end.

The locals are the most disruptive people at the events. Since we're on the topic of Chesapeake, the locals are constantly disrupting events by casting invisibility on players/dragons, over and over, and spam "stop flapping" to the gargoyles. Here's a clue: GARGOYLES AND DRAGONS DON'T BLOCK TEXT! Text is always in the foreground. Ever since DC moved along on Great Lakes the amount of major disruption at EM events these days is non-existent.

Also, if people want to start playing home shard/local BS, my account is 209 months and I have grandfathered houses and characters on every shard with their AOS and original valentines cards (deeds) so how about you all get off my shard? Get over that crap. It's everyone's game to play and enjoy how and where they want.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
wrong. me, olcher, longtooths, warpig, and a few others who dont do heavy rp stayed till we got back to brit. the average player would have had no idea that it was a stealing event. i guess we will see how many people actually caught the allusions to it being a stealing event. i cant see more than 1 or 2 people realizing it. not a good situation and very similar to the EM corruption of early 2000s. @Mesanna this situation needs attention.
It was seriously *heavily* hinted that there were items to go find; it was never outright stated. The EMs left it to players to figure out that it was a stealing event. Plus, if you were in the event channel that long, you couldn't have missed the nearly constant chatter about who had found one, where folks were looking, etc.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The locals are the most disruptive people at the events. Since we're on the topic of Chesapeake, the locals are constantly disrupting events by casting invisibility on players/dragons, over and over, and spam "stop flapping" to the gargoyles. Here's a clue: GARGOYLES AND DRAGONS DON'T BLOCK TEXT! Text is always in the foreground. Ever since DC moved along on Great Lakes the amount of major disruption at EM events these days is non-existent.
The problem isn't text being blocked. It's being crashed right out of the game. There's a reason people are always asking gargoyles to turn off flight mode. The lag created when there are (when I counted last night) 32 flying gargoyles and 18 greater dragons standing on top of the EM, all with wings flapping, is enough to turn the game into molassis, if not crash you entirely. It's rather hard to follow the event when you're spending most of your time missing the text due to lag and crashes.

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem isn't text being blocked. It's being crashed right out of the game. There's a reason people are always asking gargoyles to turn off flight mode. The lag created when there are (when I counted last night) 32 flying gargoyles and 18 greater dragons standing on top of the EM, all with wings flapping, is enough to turn the game into molassis, if not crash you entirely. It's rather hard to follow the event when you're spending most of your time missing the text due to lag and crashes.
http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Last edited:

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem is the perception of the xsharder. When I first looked at this thread my thought was oh yay, another entitled super collector was mad because he didnt get 7-10 drops himself by multi boxing. I'm not accusing the OP of this or anything BTW

On another note I no longer play chessy and when I left I gave away the few em items I had to someone I trusted just to keep them on chessy and out of the hands of those who only appreciate personal greed

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now now everybody, the important thing here is regardless of the event, we shouldn't take things for granted. lesson learned, keep moving forward! much love to errrbody. and not to mention, it was a damn good rp story.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I lag a bit...but I rarely crash anymore.

I was at the Atlantic event tonight and the only thing that bothers me is tamers....I love my tamer....but ever since the greater dragons were introduced it seems that every other tamable has been forgotten.

I can't even use my pets anymore because they can't compete against 20 greater dragons and I personally don't WANT a greater dragon because I don't like walking :/ lol

Yes the text is readable through the journal but when, like this evening, I couldn't see a few of the npc's and stuff that I would have liked to see due to the amount of wings in the way :/ lol

http://i57.***********/nnjktz.png

This just makes me sad :( But very little lag surprisingly just way too many dragons lol.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I lag a bit...but I rarely crash anymore.

I was at the Atlantic event tonight and the only thing that bothers me is tamers....I love my tamer....but ever since the greater dragons were introduced it seems that every other tamable has been forgotten.

I can't even use my pets anymore because they can't compete against 20 greater dragons and I personally don't WANT a greater dragon because I don't like walking :/ lol

Yes the text is readable through the journal but when, like this evening, I couldn't see a few of the npc's and stuff that I would have liked to see due to the amount of wings in the way :/ lol

http://i57.***********/nnjktz.png

This just makes me sad :( But very little lag surprisingly just way too many dragons lol.
those cute little pixie dragons need to be tough as greaters

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Truth is I consider myself without a homeshard. I have characters (sometimes multiple characters with reds) on almost every North American shard. I have houses on multiple shards.
When Oceania was born I made a character there before I found out it was an Australian server. (long distance aol?)
Point is I started out having these characters on multiple shards for the faction fights. When factions were changed I ended up with a lot of archers (yeah I know) without anything to do with them.
I spent a whole bunch of gold to buy suits for each one. I spent a lot of time and gold getting slayer bows and I don't want to say how many arrows...

More recently, I started searching for a new shard to call my "home" shard. Not thrilled with certain things that have been happening on the shard I played the majority of my UO years so I decided I am "moving".
That being said, I have 7 accounts. I really don't have to "move". I don't have a shard I consider "home" anymore. I play where the fun is. Be it roleplaying with goblins, doing EM events, or going to an in game auction.
Shouldn't matter to anyone but me. There is absolutely NO REASON to treat XSharders poorly. You/We should WANT these extra bodies on our shards. The more people showing up, the healthier the game looks.
Why SO MANY people treat Xsharders like crap is beyond me.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've always believed that x-sharding should only port over your character's skills, stats, and a set of newbie items based on either the top three skills or a random selection of three if more are tied at the highest value). I also think that EMs should be able to make Event items Shard Bound (one of the few areas where I believe "binding" is appropriate). Obviously these have not taken place, but they remain my personal opinion.

That doesn't excuse bad behaviour on the part of native players, x-sharding players, or EMs.

Also, based on Larisa's picture, that'd be a waste of time to attend due to the wing-spam going on with or without lag.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There is absolutely NO REASON to treat XSharders poorly. You/We should WANT these extra bodies on our shards. The more people showing up, the healthier the game looks.
I'm going to guess most people's arguments against X-Sharders aren't against those who go to events to have fun, but those who go to events to get the prize to take to another shard to fetch a higher price. Depending on the rarity/utility of the item in question, it can come across as a kind of theft against that shard, so hard feelings develop.

Doesn't excuse Bad Behaviour though.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Truth is I consider myself without a homeshard. I have characters (sometimes multiple characters with reds) on almost every North American shard. I have houses on multiple shards.
When Oceania was born I made a character there before I found out it was an Australian server. (long distance aol?)
Point is I started out having these characters on multiple shards for the faction fights. When factions were changed I ended up with a lot of archers (yeah I know) without anything to do with them.
I spent a whole bunch of gold to buy suits for each one. I spent a lot of time and gold getting slayer bows and I don't want to say how many arrows...

More recently, I started searching for a new shard to call my "home" shard. Not thrilled with certain things that have been happening on the shard I played the majority of my UO years so I decided I am "moving".
That being said, I have 7 accounts. I really don't have to "move". I don't have a shard I consider "home" anymore. I play where the fun is. Be it roleplaying with goblins, doing EM events, or going to an in game auction.
Shouldn't matter to anyone but me. There is absolutely NO REASON to treat XSharders poorly. You/We should WANT these extra bodies on our shards. The more people showing up, the healthier the game looks.

If I ever see you on Baja for an event I promise not to be rude. In fact I will just totally ignore you like I do everyone I don't know these days :pie:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

I'm going to guess most people's arguments against X-Sharders aren't against those who go to events to have fun, but those who go to events to get the prize to take to another shard to fetch a higher price. Depending on the rarity/utility of the item in question, it can come across as a kind of theft against that shard, so hard feelings develop.

Doesn't excuse Bad Behaviour though.
That doesn't make sense in my brain. I mean I understand where you're coming from and if this was still 1999 UO I would agree. But we have shield tokens as vet rewards now.
It's a common thing to transfer a character/items around. It's part of the game. So much so that it is a reward. The game has changed since server-specific items existed.

Varrius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There has to be that many people there. Tamers and gargoyles are the easiest to multi client on, but it's hard to land and fly on each account and to make sure dragons are standing in certain places. Nobody feels like switching through 4 or 5 clients just to move their dragon. It's something you'll have to deal with.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I just play where I want and how I want, I don't really care who has a problem with it.

Don't like it? Pay my subscription fee :) btw that'll be hard since my accs have ~3 years of gametime on them.

Thanks @SoulWeaver for your awesome deals on gametime codes! :D

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hate to be the one to say this....but hasn't anyone noticed that this happens to every type of player? Lately it seems like each community has been attacking every other community for pretty much no reason.

Xsharders get attacked by locals,

locals get attacked by xsharders,

IDOC'ers get attacked by the anti-cheating people,

the anti-cheating people get attacked by the PVP'ers,

the trammel players get attacked by the PVP'ers,

The PVP'ers get attacked by the trammel players,

The Roleplayers get accused of being elitist,

The Rares Collectors get accused of being greedy, etc.

Why are we as a community so incapable of accepting that people have different playstyles? I truly do not understand how the tiny amount of players left in UO have completely and utterly failed at getting along and keeping what's left of this community together. Of all the things in the world, I would never have guessed that the biggest threat to UO, that will probably cause it to shut down one day.....is it's own players.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) Gargoyles are now a race in the game. Flying comes with the race. Yes, one can be respectful and land but some don't. Honestly, spamming "please land" disrupts the event more so than the flying. It's called Adaptation. You adapt to the game mechanics you are given. Flying is apart of the Gargoyle race. Get use to it.

2) Going back to Larisa's picture. Many things can be negated by the EM's and players if it were a problem. The EM is portraying a dragon. Dragons in mythology are mighty beings - feared by all. So in retrospect, what would be more intimidating? A Dragon ground level or a Dragon on the mountain? If the EM landed on the mountain ledge, we all could still see his/her text. This would eliminate the so called spam given from the surroundings. Once again, adaptation. You work with what you are given.

3) There is NO such thing as a HOME shard anymore. The player base of Ultima Online can not support the idea a singe account being subjected to just one server and calling that official. Not to mention playing multiple shards is also a PLAY STYLE IN ITSELF. Which is a nice segway into the next topic:

• a) Lets face it. If the communities of UO keep this attitude up, what will be the future of this game? When I joined the Governor system on Atlantic on the second tier of the system - I was shunned and ignored by the other governors because I wasn't part of their little 'clique'. Which is distasteful. Just because I didn't join their roleplaying guild, or join their forum boards, I was an outcast and was treated as one. Those players, most of them, since moved onto Catskills. Which is why the whole fiasco with the election on Catskills was made of Drama. If you aren't in their little clique, than they considered you an outcast.

• b) EM events. Hello... wake up. I hear people crying left and right because the 'xsharders' got your drop and you didn't get one even though you were a native. Let me explain something. Item drop quantity has been determined by how many people show up. Atlantic gets around 100 people, so their drops are 20. Lets say that xsharders were completely banned, somehow, to go to events on shards not their own. That leave around 10-15 people attending, maybe less, maybe more. Of the 10-15 people, that means there can only be around 1-5 item drops. The things is... QUIT WHINING BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T GET A DROP. IT IS A FAIR SYSTEM... JUST WORK AT IT.

• c) Pvp. I noticed on Atlantic that PvP'ers always complain that there is no one new to kill. Once again, if you treat your community like trash, it will not grow. People who want to join PVP get trash talked and belittled. After a while, it is no longer fun because you are mocked and degraded to an extent that you just move onto something else.

4) The only time that people were really bad at events was when it was top damager. That was because those particular people were mostly trash talk pvp'ers from Atlantic. They were only there for the items. Now since the drop system has changed, you don't really see it as often. Yes, it is still there, but not as much as before. This can be SOLVED BY GIVING MORE POWERS TO EM'S AND ADVISORS TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE. If those particular players were put into their spot, then it would stop. However, since they have been allowed to get away with it for so long, they know that they can do this without any consequence.

5) To be perfectly honest, I don't care if an EM see's that they are being talked about. If they are doing something that is wrong, then why shouldn't they be brought to light on it?

• Chessy with the constant lying to players. (yes they do this quite a lot)

• Lake Superior with their player events hosted by EM's. This is an EM position and yet they are being paid to basically host player events. Not to mention the EM has a VERY hard time staying in character.

• Drachenfels with their plagiarism. This is a HIGHLY ILLEGAL thing to do. The EM is a PAID employee of EA. He represents EA. His job it CREATE stories of his own and bring them to the game. Instead, for the past 4 months, all he has done is copy and paste from Grims Fairy Tales. That is lazy, irresponsible, and plagiarism. EA could get into serious trouble because one of their paid employees is stealing published work from another source and saying it is his own.

• Pacific. Their main EM does about 3 event stories into one. There is so much that it overwhelms the players. He goes from one thing to another without any explanation of what anything is. The events are basically 45minute to one hour of complete randomness. He has not viable transitions that would give off the impression or explanation of why this particular monster is here or why this particular NPC is significant. Nothing he does leads to any recollection of any major character.

6) If you have to go on a major deciphering frenzy to know that an event is something that is wasn't advertised to be, than that EM has failed at their position. An EM's job is to welcome players and bring interesting story that is FUN to players. When you do an event for 2 hours long and basically tell people to leave the event, all of this whilst a very select few go hunt down the item drop. This is a poor event. It is only subjective to one group of players and not the rest of the event players that attend the event. Chessy has done this SO many times. When they lied to the players regarding the cutlasses is another prime example. Stating that is was an accident they couldn't be equipped only to later find out that they requested it to be like that.

7) It isn't always about the item. Yes, when you sit at an event for TWO HOURS and there is no item, okay that's fine in itself. But when you set at the for TWO HOURS while 2 people go grab all the items, then yes, there is room for being mad. That event was geared to ONLY a select few people which is NOT how an event item drop is suppose to be distributed. An Event Item is remembrance of that event. When one player gets 9 items out of 9 drops, than that is not fair and the EM should be called out on it.

8) If you lag and it is a MAJOR issue for you, invest in a better computer or better connection. I've lagged for over 5 years playing the game. I always got mad at things I shouldn't get mad at. I finally did what was reasonable and bought a better computer. I hardly lag anymore.. problem solve.

TRUTH IS... QUIT SHUNNING PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY PLAY A DIFFERENT CLASS THAN YOU DO. MANY PEOPLE PLAY DIFFERENT SHARDS WHILE SOME PLAY ONE. IT IS A PLAY STYLE. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT, FINE, BUT DO NOT EXCLUDE THEM BECAUSE OF IT. THIS IS WHAT WILL ULTIMATELY KILL THIS GAME. THE PLAYERS WILL BE THE ONE WHO PULLS THE PLUG.

@Mesanna

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could care less about drops, I do not attend for drops. My problem is not with xsharders in general, and it is not with EM drops being taken off shard though I would prefer that they were shard bound.

My problem is with the players that generally seem to be xsharders because you only see them at EM Events that have the possibility for a drop. These players spam that they are selling or buying items, spam conversations off topic from the event, criticize, belittle, and cuss out the EM's because they are bored, did not like the event, did not get a drop, the event did not contain a drop, or just to see themselves type. The EM's work hard to put on events and most of Chessy like their EM's and do not like to see them treated rudely or unfairly during events. While there are always local players that act like that, the majority of them seem to be from other places.

If you don't like the event, then leave. Don't talk over the EM's during the event complaining about it. The most common complaint is about the RP, which is funny because the events are based on RP. If it is longer than you would like, leave, I do. If I get bored or the particular event does not interest me, I leave. I do not spam insults at the EM's and the players that are enjoying the event. I do not attend events at other shards so I do not know what happens anywhere other than Chessy.

I personally have nothing against Solus or players like him. He attends the events, I see him interact, and he is not rude. I do not begrudge anyone getting drops, I just wish more stayed on Chessy rather than migrate to Atlanitc but that is the nature of the game now since the majority play on Atlantic. And for those that say there is no home shard, I call BS. I do not travel from shard to shard. While I have a few characters on different shards, I spend 99% of my playtime on Chessy. I would most definitely say that I have a home shard.

Alexander, if there is no such thing as a home shard, why does your signature say Alexander of Atlantic? I have no issues with you, it is just kind of ironic.
My player tag was created 5 years ago. At that time I was still a little peon and didn't quite grasp the full game mechanics. It wasn't until a few years ago I made friends on other servers and started playing there. I don't call Atlantic my only home. My main shards are Lake Austin and Atlantic, however, I play all shards because I have friends on every server.

Mesanna has already addressed the request for shard bound items. She said No.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just play where I want and how I want, I don't really care who has a problem with it.

Don't like it? Pay my subscription fee :) btw that'll be hard since my accs have ~3 years of gametime on them.

Thanks @SoulWeaver for your awesome deals on gametime codes! :D
LOL If your accounts have 3 years of game time on them, you may have more time than game left! I hope not, but with all the multiboxing (yes, at EM events, mostly by people, HMM, that you don't see on that shard normally), scripting, and UO's refusal/inability to deal with cheaters, causing honest players to quit in disgust, at some point there will not be enough players left to sustain UO. I hope it's not for a long time, but it seems that the attrition rate is snowballing. Cross your fingers.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
LOL If your accounts have 3 years of game time on them, you may have more time than game left! I hope not, but with all the multiboxing (yes, at EM events, mostly by people, HMM, that you don't see on that shard normally), scripting, and UO's refusal/inability to deal with cheaters, causing honest players to quit in disgust, at some point there will not be enough players left to sustain UO. I hope it's not for a long time, but it seems that the attrition rate is snowballing. Cross your fingers.
*shrugs*

I could care less if I have more time than game, 275-300m for 6 months. With events alone I fund my subscriptions :p

You cant waste a currency that doesn't exist. (aka if UO were to close down then gold wouldn't exist)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*shrugs*

I could care less if I have more time than game, 275-300m for 6 months. With events alone I fund my subscriptions :p

You cant waste a currency that doesn't exist. (aka if UO were to close down then gold wouldn't exist)
Very nice, good for you. I have to fund mine with $$$ I made before I retired at 47. ROFL

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
That doesn't make sense in my brain. I mean I understand where you're coming from and if this was still 1999 UO I would agree. But we have shield tokens as vet rewards now.
It's a common thing to transfer a character/items around. It's part of the game. So much so that it is a reward. The game has changed since server-specific items existed.
No... *some* have shield tokens. I spent over a thousand last year on non-shield tokens. Many don't have the one, and can't afford the other.

There has to be that many people there. Tamers and gargoyles are the easiest to multi client on, but it's hard to land and fly on each account and to make sure dragons are standing in certain places. Nobody feels like switching through 4 or 5 clients just to move their dragon. It's something you'll have to deal with.
It's true. So... Mesanna may have said it's legal for you to run multiple clients, as long as all are attended. But please explain to me how one plays 5 clients at the same time without scripts? If it's *so* difficult to park your dragon in a non-blocking spot, or to bother to land your gargoyle... then how is it not also too difficult to run and fight, at the same time, on those same 5 clients? It's not. Your cheating doesn't make your other behaviours ok. :p

Last edited:

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jesus I am glad I do not attend events. Drama, Drama, Drama, I get enough of this crap from my family in real life never mind getting it from a GAME that we all play on our free time to enjoy. All this arguing and unhappy people. Time to pop my Xanax after reading this thread.

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Doom and gloom lol people say there quitting every time something doesn't go there way. I bet all the people in that last thread about quitting that said they was quitting are still playing :p

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped going to the EM events after the first one since as a warrior type i had no chance to compete between the greater meat curtains, lag, and not being able to see what the hell is going on.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't attend EM events. Just not a part of the game I am into so I will not comment on something I don't know enough about to have an informed opinion. I will try and provide ONE answer to the question I have seen in this thread a few times. "Why do people hate on x-sharders?" For those of us who do not attend EM events our exposure to x-sharders is highly negative because it consists of the latest bunch of x-sharders filling gen chat with PvP smack talk while they tell us our shard is dead, we suck at PvP, we are trammie losers, etc, etc. My favorite part is when they inevitably get around to telling you your shard sucks so hard and Atlantic is so much better that they don't know why they bothered to come here. Which begs the predictable response of, why don't you just go back where you came from then?

I realize full well this does not represent all x-sharders and may not represent even the majority of them. But it is often the most common exposure to them that some of us experience.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to know what Dev thought it was a good idea to change events drops from top damager to random with looting rights, instead of getting the people who know how to make one good character, you get people on 10 accounts, and ten dragons... so dumb.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Doom and gloom lol people say there quitting every time something doesn't go there way. I bet all the people in that last thread about quitting that said they was quitting are still playing :p
Please reread my post. I NEVER said I am quitting. In fact, I plan to be in UO until the very end. But I can also see the writing on the wall, and I have a firm grip on reality.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I get shunned by the players who consider their shard "home" to only them and noone else.
I get screwed over by EMs who intentionally try to mislead us because we aren't "one of them"
I get talked down to, spit upon, and treated like trash

I apologize I don't play the game like you do. I don't play just one shard, that's not how *I* like to play. I pay my subscription fee, I train my characters, I play the game MY way. Yet there are people who continually try to force me to play how "they" think I should.

We sit here and wonder why the population dwindles. Look in the mirror, and this toxic community has itself partially to blame.

You can remove the words Xsharder, and apply it to various other areas of the game (Multi-clienters, pvpers, pvers, RPers, ect) We are always so quick to tell people how THEY should be playing the game, so concentrated on pushing people out from YOUR community.

Its sickening.
If this happened to you on lake austin, i am so sorry. I know of some people who do resent the drop seekers. Sadly they feel, everyone should be there for the story. Personally its okay to play how you like, as long as you aren't trying to distrup. I have to admit it is maddening when people complain about the lack of a drop or worse the mobs spawned. As far as I know Augustus doesn't favor the people who, tend to only show up for events. Hint, he trys to show up after every event just to visit. If your alt is missing items check the player center and leave a message of how we can help. Also i try to grab the bars of any one I don't know. Just let me know if you need those heals. I welcome everyone to visit our little shard. Who knows you might like us enough to visit more

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please reread my post. I NEVER said I am quitting. In fact, I plan to be in UO until the very end. But I can also see the writing on the wall, and I have a firm grip on reality.
I never specified you was quitting either. You just said that the game probably doesn't have much longer so I just said PEOPLE, not keith of Sonoma :). I also have a grip on reality and what I said is correct. Smoot was only 1 example starting a post about quitting not long ago because he deleted a character and post frequently about quitting because things aren't the way he likes. I believe I read in another post something about hes staying till the end or he has bought like a year of game time something like that. S_S also just made a post not long ago about quitting but never did I don't believe. Some people just like the attention and drama and think their cool saying their quitting for whatever reason it may be :p