• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) I’m a little confused with this “[Crux Ansata]” business.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, I’m not being mean or rude... I just want to know if this business of adding guards around the Tram cities is an EM event... or a game-wide event we need to be worried about. No offence to Bennu or the EM department.

Even if it's just Atlantic, I would like to know if I need to be worried about recalling around, going about my normal business and being attacked and murdered by overpowering spawn that really don’t want anything to do with in NPC cities. Forget the lag and all... lag is what keeps me away from events, however... going to events, you are accepting the challenge of the hunt at hand. I do not choose this.

Even if it's game wide... this tram city invasion stuff kills business of just recalling to the bank or stables for a few seconds. Normally, at least from experience... EM event wise, the spawn doesn’t last all that long even if the mess remains for a very long time. These guards have been standing awhile, not just a few days. Thus... my question. I would much prefer happy fun-fun events.

Thanks. :)

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a themed rp for Atlantic for the upcoming fiction that is coming in with the publish. Atlantic has the Crux as the Britainnia Royal Guard. Something different for the shard. I like the touch and it adds to the shard. As for any in depth quastions, goto test center and read the story arcs on uo.com

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmmmm somethin' tells me when you are reading a good book that has a plot, good story line, suspense and action that you try to flip through the back of the book to get the ending first :p You know I am jus' kiddin' round wif ya :D

Sunwolf is right. Just something to give Atlantic some flavor. When it comes to EM events that are Atlantic specific there has not been one yet that goes on for days in a city. I personally don't think Bennu, or Tiberies either one would do anything like that without advance notice so you are safe there. If that is what the future holds for the current UO wide story arc, then nobody should let that cat out of the bag until it happens imo. Suprise attacks are just that a suprise. Yes, you can tell by slight signs something is not right, and we have already been witness to those already. So be on guard, don't sit at banks afk, and when realling be ready to defend yourself or recall away. No biggie. If you happen to die somewhere because you got caught up in a sneak attack just holler in gen chat for a rez :p if content is active and you are the first to get killed by it, a quick holler in gen chat would ensure quite a few folks would show up at your corpse :D

For those unsure what Evil Pixie is talking about, a little bit of background fiction is here: http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-atlantic/258990-[news]-sherry-mouse-makes-appearance.html

and hopefully we should find out more when this happens today:

http://vboards.stratics.com/atlantic-em-forum/259477-[crux-ansata]-show-force-part-one.html

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sunwolf and Kylie are both correct.

We are doing a lot with the live arc that you will see in the herald, in game, and other places.

The Sherry the Mouse 'event' is a good example, something that started as simple flavor RP turned into an unplanned event that related heavily to the live arc as well as atlantic's spin on it.

A lot of the coming events will be live event's designed for UO as a whole by the EM team... AND/OR will be twisted and tilted to an Atlantic Flavor.

The servers are each different, different histories but similar.

Tonight's event will be mostly Role Playing and Crux Ansata "Drill" type thing. Something to add a bit of Atlantic flavor to the coming/current happenings.

If a story is written and I am told to run the story/event on Atlantic, it is my job to not just do the event/story but make to the story live, breathe and wash over the world.

I cannot tell you what is to come, but please see it more as part of the world fiction and something to embrace... not an impediment to bank sitting and vendor stocking.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... guys. It's like I said. As long as people aren't recalling into overpowering murderous spawn “by accident”... I really don’t see a problem with anything that brings the shard some flavor. As I said, these EM events are a choice... not forced on us, thankfully. Not like the Orc wars and invasions. Like, once upon a time, I used to keep Cove as my bank city of choice... then it was over-run with orc spawn and murdered my guy on recall. Dead before I even knew what was going on. Not fun. Thus why I asked.

*True now... I can evade, run, stealth back... but that’s not really my point. The news criers have been broken so long, we can never check on possible spawn issues with any kind of accuracy.

As I also said... I prefer fun questy type events... where people can spread out and work on their own without the lag. Then I’ll check the box yes. ;)

And I am a strong supporter of our EMs, for the record. I just can't take part in the events. It's not that I’m alone in the tech aspects of the lag. It's just how things work. It seems the point was lost in my original post. Evidence says this is more then just a simple/standard event... and thus the question.

roninaxx

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and when I took my necro to main brit your guards attacked in tram because of neg karma? What's up with that?
Is it because of faction?