• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hytholth Gargoyles Now Reactive Paralyzing?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have noticed something odd in the last several days. The normal gargoyles seem to be randomly applying what looks like reactive paralyze. My character has 90+ every resist & 110 magic resistance. Occasionally when fighting groups of gargoyles, I get the "cloud" particle effect on my character from the paralyze spell and I cannot move for about 2 sec. Anyone else noticing this?

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats simply because the mob that is casting paralyse on you has more eval than your resisting spells.

example:
120 eval vs 120reists = 0 no paralyse effect
115 eval vs 110resist = 5 (you get paralysed for a second or 2)

its also worth noting that gargoyles paragons have higher eval int than regular gargoyles

Kir

Journeyman
The "burning" type gargoyle have some paralyzing move, either reactive, magic or a weapon skill? (I still get paralyzed with 120 resist from paragon version)
Though only the Paragon versions are obvious, since most others die in one or two hits.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I carry a low level dart trap box (all mine characters do) My sammy has
10-27-210002.jpg
So I am constantly getting hit with paralyze

gwen

Slightly Crazed
paragons are tough so their Evaluation I assume is higher than 120.

@Drakelord, why 120 necro? 110-115 resist is much better then 100. With 115 usually only para elder gazers or balrons can taze me.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or he could make Chiv 120 and do more damage. Just need 100 Necro to cast the spell. You fail just as many times at 120 as 100. :)

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Or he could make Chiv 120 and do more damage. Just need 100 Necro to cast the spell. You fail just as many times at 120 as 100. :)
99 to be precise. (ugh, I am so greedy lol) About failure: you fail less with 110-120, this is why I carry Juonar Grimoire to cast vqmp form and then switch to weapon. Or have necro on jewel in LRC suit. Or both

I now decreasing my Chiv to 65. I found I am not using it much. Mostly Bushido.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
99 to be precise. (ugh, I am so greedy lol) About failure: you fail less with 110-120, this is why I carry Juonar Grimoire to cast vqmp form and then switch to weapon. Or have necro on jewel in LRC suit. Or both

I now decreasing my Chiv to 65. I found I am not using it much. Mostly Bushido.
I have a sampire with 120 Necro because he has SS and he fails a lot! Luckily you only need to cast it once. Maybe you fail more when you run into the dungeon and forget to cast it after you die. Panic fails. hehe
Too bad Necro re animations do not attack anything in these events.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
paragons are tough so their Evaluation I assume is higher than 120.

@Drakelord, why 120 necro? 110-115 resist is much better then 100. With 115 usually only para elder gazers or balrons can taze me.
Life leech and Whirlwind Attack. So far I have gotten over 250 drops and that just an hour or two a day since the event started, if I am fighting a Paragon the chiv keeps me alive long enough for a deamon slayer double axe to win. Only the larger paragon are a problem, but if there is enough normal stuff around I can do ok.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Life leech and Whirlwind Attack. So far I have gotten over 250 drops and that just an hour or two a day since the event started, if I am fighting a Paragon the chiv keeps me alive long enough for a deamon slayer double axe to win. Only the larger paragon are a problem, but if there is enough normal stuff around I can do ok.
I understand you are using vamp form. But after you casted it, 99 necro is enough to maintain it. So what is good to have Necro at 120? Why you choose to have it so high?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I understand you are using vamp form. But after you casted it, 99 necro is enough to maintain it. So what is good to have Necro at 120? Why you choose to have it so high?
PS to 120. right now its at 96 real.