• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hypothetical question

S

SUPRsalad

This is just a hypothetical question, and I know Ill probably get flamed for this, but what IF:

What IF, all or a good part the western shards' pvp community either transferred or created characters on Pacific (the most central shard)? I think it would be like the good old days of pvp. Think about it. Just what if.

K

kalzaketh

the main, problem of consolidation, is the fact that the more players you compress, in your search for pvp will make the shard so lagged as to be unuseable, it would lead to speed hacks of ungodly proportions, also no housing slots availible,I don't believe that is quite the answer you seek.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because I do not have a house or gold or free Luna vendors on Pacific? How about this? What if all the PvPers on Pacific transferred to Napa, instead. After all, the servers are all located in the same place, so ping to all west shards should be identical.

S

Salya Sin

Because I do not have a house or gold or free Luna vendors on Pacific? How about this? What if all the PvPers on Pacific transferred to Napa, instead. After all, the servers are all located in the same place, so ping to all west shards should be identical.

LMAO! OH PLEASE NO! I die enough when I go to Fel. :D

F

five oclock

aye...but we all have enough gold for insurance...I say COME TO NAPA!!

what we do have are the most Insane Disfunctional SOB's With attitudes that cant be matched anywhere else!!the most messed up people! the most messed up guilds the most messed up Period!
Welcome To Napa!....Even Madness Needs A Home
Otis Firefly 11/2008

aye Otis I still have this msg you sent a LONG time ago :D and to be honest with ya..you hit the hammer on the head...or was it the nail...not sure anymore :p

B

Budweiser KDL

Pac is better. I have a new char on Napa and I'm all ready bored with the shard again. Come to Pac I'll be your sugar Daddy. ;)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pac is better. I have a new char on Napa and I'm all ready bored with the shard again. Come to Pac I'll be your sugar Daddy. ;)
LMAO! I would, but I can't even afford a transfer ... and I hate making new chars. I could use the new scenery and new opponents. Alas ... its not to be for the moment at least. Napa would be plenty lively if all the Pac people came here, really!

S

SUPRsalad

True spoken words, from a Napa Native. I got flamed for this, and even warned twice by the mods, but my question was just something to think about.
It wasn't aimed at the people who have worked hard to setup shop on napa. It was more aimed at those who have surely gotten bored with the pvp over there and were wanting something more.

Pac is thriving in terms of pvp. SUPR and M face off nightly, and the battles are epic from both sides. we win some, we lose some, but all in all, we're having a blast over here on pac.

B

Budweiser KDL

True spoken words, from a Napa Native. I got flamed for this, and even warned twice by the mods, but my question was just something to think about.
It wasn't aimed at the people who have worked hard to setup shop on napa. It was more aimed at those who have surely gotten bored with the pvp over there and were wanting something more.

Pac is thriving in terms of pvp. SUPR and M face off nightly, and the battles are epic from both sides. we win some, we lose some, but all in all, we're having a blast over here on pac.
I played Napa since 99. I just got tired of pvping vrs everyone that I know and the same people. Pac gave a few of us from Napa new targets. New PvP and it has been great. I am however back on Napa with a new char, spending a few hours a week attacking everyone. I decided it's funner that way ;).

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if i could get time.... and build a suit for a character i might come over.... but alas.... im busy as hell :/

B

Budweiser KDL

if i could get time.... and build a suit for a character i might come over.... but alas.... im busy as hell :/
Women suck. ;) I have the suit for you Sav. Find the time and come play on Pac. Napa is full of people who can't pvp. All the good pvprs have stopped playing or left the shard.

Bella Morte

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only true PvP on EA shards anymore is Test. Period. If you can't come to Test and compete, then you're not good. If you hide behind a completely uneven field driven by endless item grinding over the course of years, driven by Tradespot and driven by guild bulk, then stay off Test and just accept it. You can transfer from Napa Valley to Pacific to Origin to Atlantic but you're still playing the same rehashed bunk PvP.

Bella Morte

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrm..Seige anyone?
Siege. no. Mugen, yes. Yes?

Yes?

Same ruleset but completely different playerbase. Japanese and Korean players tend to actually play. Not spend their gametime banksitting in Lunaland pancakes about Trammel and AoS. The irony was not lost on me the three times I tried Siege... The maturity level is also completely different.

PvP shards (in this order):
Test
Mugen
All regular shards except Origin
Siege
Origin