• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Huntmaster

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok the last couple of months I have been doing the huntmaster to get a stock of harvester blades. I am doing it on siege as I currently run a shop there.

I checked the last months and thought I should of got between 8-15 'rewards' based on the kills I had but found once I went in after the 'end of month' happened that I was lucky to get 2-3. So I figured maybe at the last minute someone else came in and dumped off 'kill permits' that were larger than my kills. I had 28 rewards before I started so selected 8 to take my total owing to 20. Figured I would make it an even number that I would remember.

This month I figured I would be there at the 'turn over' before the kills got wiped. When I started only one other person had a 'kill' recorded. Lillie had a 14 stone turkey. All the others were vacant. I bought permits which on siege at 5k per are NOT cheap given the exchange rate of 1 siege = 10 prodo gold. I went and killed everything else and a couple of turkeys til I got one at 14 stone (didn't want to over right Lillies :p) Submitted them all and my name appeared on each of the critters kill tallies. So in all there were 17 with my name and 1 with Lillies (of which I had equalled). I did this on the 29th of June. I then kept checking the scores and nothing changed. I tested to see if it would still 'take' more kills by overcapping my exisiting scores on the 30th so did a grizzly and an alligator as test. They over-wrote my kills. I then checked the world clock to see 'end of month' usa time and went back after I figured it would 'turn' over. I still had a couple of permits, so I went and killed a walrus larger than the one I had on the score board, tried to submit it and it said I couldn't as it was a 'different' date (the permit had gone over to July on the kill'

Ok so I checked the kills and all was as before, 17 with my name, 1 with Lillies and you couldn't 'submit' any more permits. By all accounts I should of had 18 rewards as noone else could possibly overwrite my scores.

Went to bed and got up this morning to go and see my 'rewards' and was pretty pissed off to find my 'reward' tally had gone to 21. I was credited for ONE kill out of the 18.

@Bleak @Mesanna can you please look at this. I have wasted thousands of goldpoints buying permits, winning the 'kill' and then not getting the reward. There is something totally wrong with Siege's credits. This is now the third month in a row that I think I have been diddled at least 5-6 rewards, and this month I have been ripped off for 17 of the 18 I should have had. This is the first where I actually stalked the damn thing to check it and my suspicions have been proved, it is NOT giving people credit.

huntmasters june.jpg
\
Current rewards after the thing reset to no kills on the critters:

upload_2017-7-2_10-29-54.png

Not a happy hunter.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's why I stopped doing it on Siege...permits are not cheap there and to not get the reward points is like a kick in the teeth.

Thank you for your due diligence in pointing this out..hopefully they will have a look and get it fixed!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know what I am now wondering if it because of the 'equalled' kill score, that it only recognises that one. I know other months I have had equalled scores too on the months where I didn't get what I was expecting. Maybe it is only picking that and ignoring the others. All I know is it is a waste of time and money unless they fix it and pretty unfair at that.

It would be nice to know if they 'fix' it as when do you start to spend the money again if you don't know if it has been fixed? I don't wanna keep 'testing' it and tipping my gold down the toilet in the process.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know what I am now wondering if it because of the 'equalled' kill score, that it only recognises that one. I know other months I have had equalled scores too on the months where I didn't get what I was expecting. Maybe it is only picking that and ignoring the others. All I know is it is a waste of time and money unless they fix it and pretty unfair at that.

It would be nice to know if they 'fix' it as when do you start to spend the money again if you don't know if it has been fixed? I don't wanna keep 'testing' it and tipping my gold down the toilet in the process.
You have to doubleclick the ranger again so he shows you the quest intro screen. Then claim rewards. That's what I have to do often.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to doubleclick the ranger again so he shows you the quest intro screen. Then claim rewards. That's what I have to do often.
Did that, have been doing huntmaster since it came in. It isn't giving rewards on siege as it should. If you look on the graphic I started with 20 rewards and this morning when it updated it showed 21, it should have been 38. (20 + 18)

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only issue I have noticed is that I have to stand directly on the Huntsmaster and keep double clicking him until the Huntsmaster Challenge description box pops up. Once that pops up which this morning (well I guess yesterday morning now) took about 15 minutes, all my rewards are visible. Freaks me out every-time thinking I lost out on anywhere from 15+ rewards for the month.

I do wish though that they would keep a record log book somewhere of each months kills so we can go back in it and see the all the records, sizes, dates, and player, etc.

I wonder if your issues is just a Siege related issue as I am on a Prodo shard and do the challenge religiously every month.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only issue I have noticed is that I have to stand directly on the Huntsmaster and keep double clicking him until the Huntsmaster Challenge description box pops up. Once that pops up which this morning (well I guess yesterday morning now) took about 15 minutes, all my rewards are visible. Freaks me out every-time thinking I lost out on anywhere from 15+ rewards for the month.

I do wish though that they would keep a record log book somewhere of each months kills so we can go back in it and see the all the records, sizes, dates, and player, etc.

I wonder if your issues is just a Siege related issue as I am on a Prodo shard and do the challenge religiously every month.
No idea, the thing is it DID update the rewards, I know you have to click the dude to get the quest description box to pop up etc before the rewards show up. I had 20 unclaimed rewards before doing the June hunt, after the thing clicked over today I had 21. It only gave me credit for 1 instead of for 18.

I knew on previous months that it didnt seem to be 'adding up' but thought it was possible that someone came in at the last minute after I had checked on the last day which is why this time I purposely checked it all the way through on the last day to make sure my 'kills' were still the current ones once the thing closed off and they were. I have also done this on Oceania every month since it started and since starting on siege I have also done it every month. I got a few early on but for the last few months it appears the 'rewards' aren't crediting properly.

Anyways I have reported it here and sent in a bug report. It would just be nice to know 'someone' is actually looking at it. Sadly I think a lot depends on who reports stuff as to how quick it gets fixed :( Doubt I am one of the favoured few lol.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never done this so I'm just making a few suggestions
Could it be he is capped at 21 ?
If you claim one then re click him will it show 21 again or claim them and see if the rest show up 18

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never done this so I'm just making a few suggestions
Could it be he is capped at 21 ?
If you claim one then re click him will it show 21 again or claim them and see if the rest show up 18
I had 28 rewards prior to starting and picked 7 to drop it to 20, on Oceania I had upwards of 50 rewards.

The thing is on siege, the harvester blade has 'uses' unlike on prodo, so you only get like between 130-160 uses on it before you need a new one. That is the main thing that sucks on siege, all axes, swords if you use them to skin etc it puts uses on em and they then wear down til they disappear. You don't get any insurance either so cop the double whammy.

I just wish some dev would respond to this thread to at least advise they are aware of the issue. You kinda feel like the bug reporting is something into the never never when you send in a BUG REPORT and get a lame message back saying 'if this is an account enquiry please supply your account details, cc number etc etc' I mean it does NOT inspire confidence does it?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well you posted this on Saturday..it's the 4th of July weekend so I wouldn't expect to hear anything until at least Wednesday.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They don't work in the office on Mondays anyway...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or decade?
Hell I am still waiting for a response as to why I never got my 7 pre order Samuri Empire Boxes that they got paid for :) Hopefully I will find out something ****SOON****

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
does anyone really work on monday?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not doing any work today... Infact I am too tired to do much but play UO...

I worked my 3 12 hour shifts Fri-Sat-Sun... and today is my day of rest. Generally most folk know to leave me the )(#$(*$ alone on Mondays.

Oh and of course it was a holiday weekend... People are dumb... so the ER was sooo busy all night every night all weekend long.... I'm tired...