• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hunting with pets

G

Hello fellow tamers,
I am wondering when you all are hunting with your pets on gold-level monsters, how would you transport your gold back?
It seems too tedious to physically bring the gold back to bank, then back to the dungeon and continue to hunt again.
What I used to do is to transport the gold back to the bank with bag of sending, however, when i returned to UO this time, it woudln't let me transport around 9k gold back when my bag of sending still has 4 charges.
I guess they made the change again, so my question to you all is how do you guys transport the gold back to bank with your pets? Do you physically go to the bank? or is there other trick?

Thanks for sharing

G

The change in the BoS is new about three days ago. Now the BoS sends by item weight 10 stone = 1 charge. For gold transport your only options are recall, walk, or drag along some pack animals.

H

Harvest Moon

Sounds like it is no longer worth it to buy a BoS from a vendor to send gold but is still worth it if you get the BoS yourself?

M

mutau

I think the most likely situation is if you are close to your 125 item max in your pack and you need to have some small space open. like maybe your farming for arties or jewels, etc ... . Cause even if you just insure it, you'd have to weigh out the 600 gold per insurance. i'd use the bag on jewelry or anything under 10 stones.

G

tis called have a rune or two marked close enough to recall and say bank dump and recall or if gating in step back into the gate right back... takes all of 3 or so seconds...less your doing the farming in a felucca dungeon then add a few more seconds to run back.. same if your doing it in Ilsh... but its not like a earth ending big deal...seriously

I

imported_Hinotori

I just reverted back to my pre-BOS ways. I have all my bank runes in or on banks. I will make sure my pet is on stay and gate out of the dungeon, yell bank, dump gold, walk back through same gate. Doesn't slow me down any really.

The BOS are still useful for sending those uber items you find ever now and then to the bank for safe keeping.