• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hunting license: Are they stealable?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was online yesterday around the Skra ranger huts. I stumbled across a player with a couple of different licenses in his pouch, but when I targeted them, my macro failed. By the time I had it reset, the mark was gone.

Now I am curious if the licenses are stealable. It didn't show a blessed title but did say it was only usable by the player who had it their pack.

Since these seem to cost quite a bit of gold to get, I am wondering if they are stealable.

If so, it could lead to a new source of revenue for thieves who are willing to hold them ransom and sell them back to the owner.

Anyone know?...la

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure, but considering every patch for a while has screwed over thieves in one way or another, my guess would be they are not.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is, they aren't tagged blessed (at least the one's I saw). So if nobody has tested this, I'll try tonight. I just figured that someone may have tried the system out and if they died, and the license dropped to the corpse, they would be 1 stone stealable items.

I hear they cost about 300k on Siege, so if someone was willing to drop that kind of coin on them, they might be willing to pay a 10% ransom on them. If they don't...it's no skin off the thieve's back, they just can drop them into a trash bin. I used to do that with my disarm thief, I'd steal a nice weapon, and if the player didn't want to buy it back, I'd trash it, keep it for later or smelt the item down and sell the ingots on my vendor...la

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, 300k seems like it's a ridiculous amount for a hunting license on Siege lol. Great money for thieves if people will buy them back though.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may be wrong on the cost since I've never tried purchasing one. Just thought I read that in a thread...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't log in yesterday, too busy watching the riots in Ferguson. Anyone try this out to confirm that hunting licenses are or are not stealable?...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I finally got to testing. Simple answer is YES. They are stealable.

Now the key is to make sure the mark knows you have it and it's for sale...la

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would set up a fence to sell back these these things. Otherwise folks will become more aware of their surroundings and/or start bos them as soon as they purchase them.