• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hunting combinations

Wetherlocke

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just wondering if the new tameables have made anyone switch up their pet combinations. Do you still hunt with a beetle/mare? If not, what did you switch out or did you replace them completely from active duty? And on the subject, what's a good partner for a dread warhose? I've only hunted with it alone so far. Thanks.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My beetle/mare and beetle/bake are still my primary combinations.

The bake kitsune really destroy the fire-mini spawns like no other pets (including the cu's and greater dragons). It's amazing to watch.

If you can control your pets well, a stone slith will really improve your dread war horses performance (special attack of reducing your opponent's physical resist). If you can't, then stick to the nightmare or bake with your DWH. The stone slith are really tough to keep alive in thick spawns.

O

Old Man of UO

... If you can't, then stick to the nightmare or bake with your DWH. The stone slith are really tough to keep alive in thick spawns.
In your opinion, are the stone slith's worth the trouble to tame and train for this purpose? Take the DWH out of the stables first helps when hunting in a pair.

Also, how about a Bake/slith combo?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The jury is still out on that one. In Low-to-mid level fights, the dread war horse/stone slith combo is actually quite effective, but not as effective as a DWH/nightmare combo or DWH/bake combo.

Where stone sliths really shine is when you're hunting with other tamers, so everything that does physical damage will benifit from the stone slith's reduce physical resistance attack.

The problem comes when you're with a group (such as the one I used to hunt with) who doesn't help each other out at all, since most high end opponents where you'll be hunting with groups will require good cross healing to make sure your weak slith doesn't die.

So they definitely have advantages and disadvantages. Right now it seems the disadvantages outweighs the advantages.