• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hummm ... about Unattended macroing ...

• Thread starter Fayled Dhreams
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

Fayled Dhreams

Dang ... just missed it *struggle thru a re-write*

... given recent developments ...

How about a mid-term suggestion/solution ...to help noobies, returning players, and established playing vets.
(be more aware that "enforcement of agreed rules" CAN happen)

cheating is bad right? cheating to get or stay at the "end-game" ...
Bad, right?

Here's one, scaled to a recent discussion:
One time out, in the macro room ... works on the more inately honest players ... they know they just pulled a "mark"
Time to add a "follow on" ...just to be sure that they caught the hint ...(just short of suspension/banning ... those remain as two more final options )
Second offense, of the macroing flavor ...

Set their hair on fire

Sure
there might be a certain group that thinks it looks really really "cool"
Maybe not though ...

IF the burning hair... is SOOOOO distracting ...

They can't Gain in any skills ...

In fact ...the longer it burns ...(the heat upon the head)
you start forgetting ... stuff's ...burns off the Knowlege of scrolls eaten ....
Saps your strength, stamina, intelligence ...
Burn long enough ... perma dead (game controlled ... NOT deletable ... as long as one glowing ember remains)

Oh! Noes! not for mere macroing!!!
I can almost hear some scream ...
Well ...
It IS scalable ... can be made unavoidable (have to really burn off (*snicker*) in ingame time ... like murder counts)
Say an hour or two for second offense ... can hide out in the woods ... unseen ...

Not for macroers?
How about them speed freaks?

One and the same to me ...
good for the goose ... etc etc

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like it.

Oh, and um... I know you probably already know this but... a little CRTL-A, CRTL-C when your composing a long UHall post helps. I've had enough experience clicking "submit" just to have the browser choke to start coyping drafts to the clipboard... saves a little time. You knew that though... sorry.

Safe Travels, Sam

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="purple"> what? no pic? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Not an actual "image friendly search" ...but ...

Seeing the one that did get posted ^^(if it remains in thread)
Reminds me ...
should ALSO melt those scritter acquired glasses too !

G

Hehe I'd like to see cheats of all flavours just randomly self combust...the delay between burns being shortened each time they re-offend.

Why do I think we're maybe just giving Draconi more ideas?

*would pay to see unattended miners randomly turned to charcoal*

Pains me to be more serious, but for the sake of any confused newbies and/or returning players, this is a good page to read. Particularly #6

Terms of Conduct

Wenchy

G

I can never figure out whether you are a greatly gifted and creative writer, or just horrible. I'm either not smart enought to read your posts, or they are just impossible to read.

Bottom line, I have no idea what you are saying. I really don't mean this as to be offensive.

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

Then nearly everyone who still plays would be running around with flaming hair. :\

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I can never figure out whether you are a greatly gifted and creative writer, or just horrible. I'm either not smart enought to read your posts, or they are just impossible to read.

Bottom line, I have no idea what you are saying. I really don't mean this as to be offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]
I see Fayled as gifted and creative with a strong command of the English language, but also a tad bit histrionic.

B

Babble

Looks cool can my character get it?

Just macroing detect hidden

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Nice bunk bed, you a top or bottom? heheh

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, naturally its not a pic of me.

Google FTW!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why is it that people think everyone does or has done unattened macroing.

Not EVERYONE does or has.

That is not the only way to raise skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, and I've never done it, but after ten years, just the thought of raising another skill to GM, or more, just makes my eyeballs bleed!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Fayled is like our own Shakespeare and Deadwood character. All fun to read/watch.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

good idea
cept change the last part about being able to hide and work the offence off, make them totaly attackable ANYWHERE , if they die the timer resets .