• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Humans should be able to tame Cu's

S

ShaunOfPac

With pads of the cu on. Seriously. Why can't this be done?

Anyone on Pacific mind taming me 2 Cu's? I really dont want to convert to an elf.

K

Kratos Aurion

It is supposed to be a benfit of being elf.
This game is so item based that it wouldn't make a difference in benefits for one race or the other.

We just got nocturne earrings which allow us to see with nightsight w/o the use of an important armor slot. That steals one benefit from the elves. Pads of the cu sidhe give humans the ability to ride cu sidhes (again stolen from the elves).

Benefits should not be able to be aquired through items. Meaning they should be 100% unique to that race. Well EA effectively killed that. JOAT is honestly a joke and kills taming for me being a human character. I can't tame a creature without disrupting (so I use a bow).

The elves/humans natural regain abilities are somewhat stupid considering the amount of items in game that contribute to the same cause.

The only useful benefits would be the humans extra strength and the elves natural ability to aquire resources. Either way it doesn't make a difference to me because getting a specific resource is still a pain in the butt.

Personally I believe the benefits system should be removed. One way or the other you're not really benefiting more than the other race which totally defeats the purpose.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
basically elves being able to tame cu's and humans not means that a human tamer rper can't make big money taming.

C

Ceridwen

It is supposed to be a benfit of being elf.
So which animal can only humans tame?
And which armour can only humans wear?

Honestly, especially the armour is not balanced. One should have "humans only" armour too, or just get rid of "elves only" armour....

C

Connor_Graham

Anyone on Pacific mind taming me 2 Cu's? I really dont want to convert to an elf.
If you're still looking for Cu's, I'll check my Tamer's stable once I get done with the load of wood I'm working on in Heartwood. I believe I've got an extra Cu or 2 in there unless I gave one away already.

C

Connor_Graham

I do have an extra Cu in the stables if you want it. I'll be on for another hour or so if you can meet me.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats why you need to make all your characters female elves.... you can wear all the armor ingame, and the only pet you cant have is a Ki-Rin... and lets be honest, they suck.

L

Limlight

So which animal can only humans tame?
And which armour can only humans wear?

Honestly, especially the armour is not balanced. One should have "humans only" armour too, or just get rid of "elves only" armour....
Yeah, but humans get JOAT...which is an offly handy extra 3 MR for my tamer....

E

Eslake

Elf-Only items were a cheap tactic to entice players who had no other use for ML to buy it anyway.
They don't care if it is unbalancing, they only care that you pay for the expansion.
Maybe when we get to the point that nearly Everyone has ML (or newer) they will change it.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With pads of the cu on. Seriously. Why can't this be done?

Convert temporarily then change back. Or ask a friend to tame for you. I don't see why it's such a big deal, they're butt ugly, and take about 3 weeks to kill anything :D

Wenchy

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe it was the Reptalon that was supposed to be the Human's answer to the Cu Sidhe. Fairly sure Elves can tame those though (not that many would want to).

R

RenaLynne

Convert temporarily then change back. Or ask a friend to tame for you. I don't see why it's such a big deal, they're butt ugly, and take about 3 weeks to kill anything :D

Wenchy

Now I know why my tamer's an elf, almost forgot. Yea, this rule is a lil stupid. I wouldnt wanna change just to tame a Cu, specially when you lose your hair color when you make the change. Spent mils on the blaze colors? Wouldnt be worth it...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe it was the Reptalon that was supposed to be the Human's answer to the Cu Sidhe. Fairly sure Elves can tame those though (not that many would want to).
Yes Elves can tame them...and btw if you want to see what they are good for train one up and take it to Travesty....

J

Jaimes

I disagree. Instead, Elves should be deleted from the game.

You think I'm joking, but.. I'm not.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I know why my tamer's an elf, almost forgot. Yea, this rule is a lil stupid. I wouldnt wanna change just to tame a Cu, specially when you lose your hair color when you make the change. Spent mils on the blaze colors? Wouldnt be worth it...
Though if you don't want to be an elf for good, surely you'd decide that before you used the hair dye? ;) Just do what I do, buy dye in a bottle at the provisioners. Much better than spending millions to look like someone dropped gold paint over your head :blushing:

Wenchy

S

ShaunOfPac

I'm not going to sacrifice my chars neon green hair, it actually came from a bottle of neon hair dye oh so many years ago, before they implemented the hairstylists.