• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Human is the new Elf... Resource gathering with new rewards

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One of the effects of the 100% success of the new tools and talismans for resource gathering is that it negates the benefits that have been attributed to elves or gargoyles (which were in terms of percentages gained in the normal/colored ratios), and make humans the preferred race to use the tools (because their bonuses are to carrying capacity and bonus resources over and above the base amounts).

Humans get an occasional 1 extra granite or 1 ore. This is outside the Fel doubling of resources. As a result, the numbers are as follows:

Granite with Rock Hammer:
Human in Tram: 1 with a chance of 2
Human in Fel: 3 with a chance for 4.

Ore, using map:
Human in Tram: 1 with a chance for 2
Human in Fel: 2 with a chance for 3.

For wood, the talismans give 17 logs to humans, compared to 15 for others in Trammel (compared to 11 human, 10 other, without the talisman).
In Fel shards, this works out to 28 for humans, 25(?) for others (compared to 22 and 20).
The testing shows that the talismans just give a flat +5 per swing before factoring in racial bonuses, instead of the 50% increase that some initially thought from non-fel testing.

In all cases, the UOA ability to stack materials on the ground is vital to keep from losing harvested materials from weight. And, pack animals are a lot more important to logging than to mining (you can carry at most around 530 boards, compared to over 5k ingots)

(Note: this was a pain in the arse to test. I had the post half-done, and was picking up an axe at WBB on TC to test the logging side, at 1 AM last night, when my internet went out for 8 hours). I just got up this afternoon and finished the testing, which included finding a naturally occurring yew-giving tree in Fel, since I started getting carpentry LBODs, which kept me from getting more than one high end reward. Ironically, I could have chose the Heartwood talisman, but got the lower yew one, then found TWO Heartwood areas outside Fel Trinsic before finding my yew area.)