• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Huge Updater Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stick Figure

Hello.

Recently I've been having a lot of trouble running the updater. It was working smoothly until one day it began saying that the system was being tampered with and that uninstalling the system may fix the problem. So, I uninstalled, then reinstalled using the online installer for Ealand. Now, when trying to get in the game, I get no updates, as it immediately says:

Update Error: There was an error reading from the network.

It then told me to go to thesimsonline/custhelp.com and search "CASTANET_ERROR__UNEXPECTED_EOF" so I did. No search results came up, and to this time I still cannot get into Sims by any means since it has not updated at all since last installing it.

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

G

Please follow the link Monkeybeartso provided, and post your problem there, so that we may keep all information, regarding this issue in one place.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.