• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Huge Update Size for TC3

• Thread starter imported_AidanM
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_AidanM

Well I thought I'd give game another whirl. Trying to go into TC3 and its 1196.8.MB update. I've only been gone for a few months... Is this right? -Thanks Dom

G

ive had the same problem too! but then i stopped using the EA land shortcut and ust used the regular one and it was fixed

I

imported_LFancey

Couple things on this one.

The EALand install is only 3.4 MB it is so small becasue it is only the patching service. The game is 1196.8 MB. You would either download as a full install or patch to it. Either way you need about a gig. It is not related in any way to TC3.

The EALand install pulls down in a few minutes the update takes 30-120 min depending on connection speed. After you get that huge update it just patches like before which is 7-11MB on average.

This is not a problem it is by design.

Cheers

Lee

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I have to say that installing the game from scratch is WAY easier now with this new download. I didn't have to wait all night to get into the game.

So I have to give a humble thanks to Lee.

Now if people signing up for new accounts could get their activation code quicker and easier, we'll be all set for the mass entrance of a lot of new players.

T

TSO_Vortex

<blockquote><hr>

Now if people signing up for new accounts could get their activation code quicker and easier, we'll be all set for the mass entrance of a lot of new players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely right! I've never encountered such a convoluted procedure.

And isn't it about time the website was updated?

I

imported_LFancey

Yes we are working on that uhhh hmmm "procedure"
. It really is for
the "commited".

It will get better in several weeks.

Lee

I

imported_AidanM

Well I got it to work... it about and 40 minutes. Thanks for your help