• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Huge Reinstallation Problems.. =(

C

Confetti

I can't get into Technical Advice for some reason, it never loads. So, sorry for the wrong post area.

I had to reinstall because apparently my files got corrupt when I went between a subcriber to go check out TC3 and it said I needed a new patch. Got the patch, can only play TC3 and not EA Land (it would say I need to download a 2.9mb patch and it always just said my stuff was corrupt). The problem is, is that it's near impossible to uninstall and reinstall. I manually deleted the folders, and checked out the add/remove and the only thing there is a 8.9 mb file to get rid of. I got rid of all of that but when I go to install it, it says "Needs 1922.0 mb patch. Update?" Click yes and it "INSTANTLY" gets that much information and then goes over and over again to say everything is corrupt. =\

Any fix?

C

coffeeaddiction

<blockquote><hr>

I can't get into Technical Advice for some reason, it never loads. So, sorry for the wrong post area.

I had to reinstall because apparently my files got corrupt when I went between a subcriber to go check out TC3 and it said I needed a new patch. Got the patch, can only play TC3 and not EA Land (it would say I need to download a 2.9mb patch and it always just said my stuff was corrupt). The problem is, is that it's near impossible to uninstall and reinstall. I manually deleted the folders, and checked out the add/remove and the only thing there is a 8.9 mb file to get rid of. I got rid of all of that but when I go to install it, it says "Needs 1922.0 mb patch. Update?" Click yes and it "INSTANTLY" gets that much information and then goes over and over again to say everything is corrupt. =\

Any fix?

[/ QUOTE ]

same problem for me too....

C

Confetti

Okay new problem. I figured out that the only way to restall the darn thing is if you select Test Server 3, and that way you'll be patched to get the whole client. But I play on EA Land (and have paid, so do I have to go to The Sims Online under Subscribed?)

I think there's a certain order I need to hit each place to get the files I need. The only place I have found to get the whole 1.2 gb patch is in Test Center 3, and then from there it's the 2.9 mb patch of DOOM that tells me all my things are corrupt.

Is there a certain order?

C

coffeeaddiction

It shouldn't be doing this at all. I've gone back and forth atleast 10 times, tonight being the only time i've had problems.

G

I am having the same updater issues, unexpected file or corrupt file found, verification loop, rinse, repeat. I am using Vista.

I would think as long as we are updating through the main tso.exe icon, there shouldn't be a certain order or magic sequence we should have to discover.

Then again....

G

Please see this thread for more information on the problem. Be aware that it is not a discussion thread, so only post there if you have information to add that can help solve the problem.