• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HUGE Problem with Event Looting!

X

xGrave_Ux

I am going to make this short and to the point.

There is a problem at the EM Events that needs to be addressed.

It involves players casting Animate Dead on the MONSTER's corpse- removing the corpse and name for all players to be able to loot.
The player that casts animate dead simply opens the corpse, casts animate dead on the corpse(to disappear it) and then uses last object key and they are the only ones that can access the corpse due to the MASSIVE amount of players gathered around to loot the corpse.

BRAND NEW characters with 50 Necro/50 SS are coming to events and just disappearing the corpses knowing that no one can see the corpse once the body/name is gone.

I noticed this is how cyanide has been getting all of his items lately and a cpl others are starting to try to horde EM event items with 1 day old characters and a glitch.

EMs Please address this.

T

Tazar

I really don't see this as a problem at all. When a Necro casts animate dead, the corpse does not disappear, it changes into a skeletal corpse which you can still open (if you have looting rights). The animate dead is one way a necro fights and stays alive.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what he means is that people can't find the corpse back after this, since theres a whole pile of people and or other monsters nearby.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed this is how cyanide has been getting all of his items lately and a cpl others are starting to try to horde EM event items with 1 day old characters and a glitch.

EMs Please address this.
Naming names and accusing others of using a "glitch" is not allowed here on Stratics.

Secondly I have a necro mage on a different shard and when I animate dead the pile of bones is still there from the corpse and if you ctrl+shift you can still the corpse names.

5% Luck

While I dont agree with the OP I do however not understand about spirit speak closing the corpes. Yes I cast animate dead at events and thats just fine but I dont see why it closes the corps when I spirit speak

EM_Promethium

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Regardless of anything casting spells/spirit speak anything...last object will still open the corpse if you have looting rights. Nothing else we can do about it.

The looting will stay the same.