• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How's that Top 100 list thing work again?

G

OK, please fill me in on how this works ... I've read up some, but I'm not sure I understand. Some info is a bit all over the place too, so if someone can tell me if my sum-up is about right, I'd appreciate it.

I have an entertainment lot in CC (now just part of EA-Land). Yesterday afternoon, before I had opened up my lot to any guests, my lot was coming up on Top 100. Pretty low down on the list, but still there.

Last night, I had my place open from 8 p.m. EST till 1 a.m. EST or so ... I checked where my lot's standing is now on the top 100 list annnnnd ... it's not there LMFAO.

Yet, there are some lots on the list that have zero time logged at all.

OK, so I know that for entertainment lots, you get listed according to how many PAYING guests you get visiting your lot, and for how long they stay there. I had as many as 17 people on there at once, the majority of whom I know were paying cusotmers. Most were there for at minimum 3 hours ...

So, shouldn't my lot be appearing on that list? Am I cracked? Can someone please enlighten me?

Thank you!!!

F

festrmentmagnet

I think the list updates every four days or something.
I could be wrong.

M

mike1977

Sometimes I wish they would just get rid of the top 100 list. I've seen too many too obsessed with trying to be high on the list, even now with no property bonus! What would be nice is...whenever a category is clicked on it just gives you a random 10 places of ALL properties in that category that are currently open, ranging from over 24 hours of being open to only 1 SECOND! lol

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Back during the old TSO days, the list was updated every morning during maintenance. Not sure whats going on, I myself have spent 5 days without getting on the list and some one that I met in game told me shes been waiting 2 weeks.

Some people claim its a bug, and say that the devs are looking into it.

G

Thanks for that link!

Well, based on that description, I should definitely be on the list ... especially considering there are houses on that list with no visitor hours, and I should have like ... at least 1 hour of visitor hours (based on the formula given on that link.)

Weird. Whatever. I shouldn't even care that much about it since i"m not making any money off of having an entertainment house any more and being on some list somewhere wouldn't help me ... I'm actually losing money by having my house open LMAO ... spending money feeding visitors. Oy ve.

What has this game come to?

and yes, i do agree that the top 100 list should probably be done away with.

I like the idea of having more of a searchable list of all the houses in the various categories ... kind of like a combination of your bookmark list -- so like an alphabetized list of all the properties in each category -- and you can search by name like you do now.

Also always wondered why you can't just bookmark a property? I've bookmarked owners of properties before, and just lost track of why, then forget if I bookmarked 'em for pizza, because I liked their place, or what LOL.

Anyway, thanks for your help everyone.

I'm taking my random thoughts into game for a while.

G

before I had opened up my lot to any guests

Only the dev's know how the Top lists are working right now in EAL.

But I notice that you made your post before the update which is now happening in the afternoon, not during maintenance. Check again and see if you are on the list now. I'd check but you didn't say the name of your property and no Rafficat appears in EAL search.