• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) How's Europa these days after EJ kicked in?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So any noticeable changes on the server population since Endless Journey?

How's the housing situation? Still plenty of space to get a house?

Merth

Journeyman
I cant comment on pop since only recently returned to UO myself, but I can say I was able to place a Tram keep in the last month and have seen tons of larger spots open for placing.

RessMePlz

Journeyman
Short answer: move to Atl

Long answer: population is always lower, you can easily place a keep in Trammel now... I’ve placed a house inside Luna walls.
Europa has a nice roleplay community but if you plan to pvm or pvp move to Atlantic is the best solution

RessMePlz

Journeyman
Europa is a good choice. Good nice player base. High recommendation Europa as playing shard.
Small player base you mean... no active champs to raid, no champ raiders, 4 afk people at Luna bank, a totally dead market... let’s not tell lies, Atl is the only decently populated server these days... in any other shard you’ll end play alone most of the time... of with 2-3 friends...

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehee:
let’s not tell lies
So:

no active champs to raid
Lie

no champ raiders
and lie

4 afk people at Luna bank
total lie. comment: We just counted almost 20 on Luna on best playtime

a totally dead market.
and lie

Atl is the only decently populated server these days
Somewhat true o_O . First!

in any other shard you’ll end play alone most of the time... of with 2-3 friends.
and lie

But yes. Atlantic is a good place to make shoppings.

RessMePlz

Journeyman
If I tell lies, why Europa has always less players? And why so many ppl move to Atl? Oh, 20 ppl at Luna bank! A true massive multiplayer game! Europa is good only for RP, with active guilds and daily events.

start playing on Europa will probably ends with a big money expense in character transfer tokens! A single big Atl guild has probably more player online than all the Europa bank sitters

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Europa has always less players
Yes it have less players than Atlantic.
But not like this:
no active champs to raid, no champ raiders, 4 afk people at Luna bank, a totally dead market
Gotcha difference?

And why so many ppl move to Atl?
Yes. There is many ppl in Atlantic.

Oh, 20 ppl at Luna bank! A true massive multiplayer game!
I think 20 is not bad.. or is it?

Europa is good only for RP, with active guilds and daily events.
Using word "only" makes u liar here :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all shard have less player .. atl prob as most with 1-2000 ...then there are 7-8 shards inc.europa with 2-300 players...then theres shards that are pretty much dead - maybe 50 players tops with land free in luna and castles free galore

RessMePlz

Journeyman
all shard have less player .. atl prob as most with 1-2000 ...then there are 7-8 shards inc.europa with 2-300 players...then theres shards that are pretty much dead - maybe 50 players tops with land free in luna and castles free galore
Indeed, that’s way it doesn't have sense to recommend a dying shard... the more populated your shard is, the later will fall

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Two things: Quality over quantity, Europa has a great community! Can't tell for Atl really, though we have some chars at max skills there we never really played there. (And we wonder how we found the time to train them so many years ago?!)

Secondly, Europa being a dead shard is GRAVELY exaggerated in our opinion. Our regular experience is something like the following:
"Let's go train our pet on the ratmen bosses!" .... shoot! occupied!
Oh well, we still have to fix our fame, let's head towards the Succubus in the FDD. ... Ack! Someone busy there!
Then how about the Arctic Ogre Lord instead? ... of course, someone there already.
This is not a time for a champ hunt, too likely to get raided. So let's go to Eodon to tame some better Triceratops/Dimi/Sauro/etc. ... Go figure, someone killing them!
*spotting a question in help chat* .. lose the rest of the day on helping one new player instead of progressing one of the many personal goals..

Everywhere we go, we bump into activity. So nope, we don't buy the Europa is dead, at all!

And let us be honest, the last period we got to log in much was in May. But there were so many players coming in due to EJ and several we spoke were (planning on) subbing, that we can't imagine it will be much different now.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two things: Quality over quantity, Europa has a great community! Can't tell for Atl really, though we have some chars at max skills there we never really played there. (And we wonder how we found the time to train them so many years ago?!)

Secondly, Europa being a dead shard is GRAVELY exaggerated in our opinion. Our regular experience is something like the following:
"Let's go train our pet on the ratmen bosses!" .... shoot! occupied!
Oh well, we still have to fix our fame, let's head towards the Succubus in the FDD. ... Ack! Someone busy there!
Then how about the Arctic Ogre Lord instead? ... of course, someone there already.
This is not a time for a champ hunt, too likely to get raided. So let's go to Eodon to tame some better Triceratops/Dimi/Sauro/etc. ... Go figure, someone killing them!
*spotting a question in help chat* .. lose the rest of the day on helping one new player instead of progressing one of the many personal goals..

Everywhere we go, we bump into activity. So nope, we don't buy the Europa is dead, at all!

And let us be honest, the last period we got to log in much was in May. But there were so many players coming in due to EJ and several we spoke were (planning on) subbing, that we can't imagine it will be much different now.
That is true. Europa is indeed living. ANd bous that it have good community.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I would rather have the community of Europa over the crowds of Atlantic any day, I wouldn't move to Atlantic for any amount of gold or plat and to be honest if Europa ever closed I would rather just not play. When I came back 2-3 years ago I tried to do everything myself and soon found it wasn't possible or fun. Making the effort to go to the West Brit Bank meet every day was the best thing I ever did, I made some great friends and did a lot of content I couldn't have managed alone or duo-ing with my husband. We got so much help and support and then gained a great Guild (RAAM) in the process.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would rather have the community of Europa over the crowds of Atlantic any day, I wouldn't move to Atlantic for any amount of gold or plat and to be honest if Europa ever closed I would rather just not play. When I came back 2-3 years ago I tried to do everything myself and soon found it wasn't possible or fun. Making the effort to go to the West Brit Bank meet every day was the best thing I ever did, I made some great friends and did a lot of content I couldn't have managed alone or duo-ing with my husband. We got so much help and support and then gained a great Guild (RAAM) in the process.
Sad we cannot give two thumbs to one post :)

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This RezzMe Guy does not paint the whole Picture.

Europa is great, i have great sales on vendors and i run into people all over the lands - And most importantly, people are nice to eachother.

Go make a toon on Atlantic and try to talk to people. Or just generally talk in General chat with someone... Yeah, good luck with that.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This RezzMe Guy does not paint the whole Picture.

Europa is great, i have great sales on vendors and i run into people all over the lands - And most importantly, people are nice to eachother.

Go make a toon on Atlantic and try to talk to people. Or just generally talk in General chat with someone... Yeah, good luck with that.
Yeh. I made toon for Atlantic and saw fast it was not my place to play. The problem was not PVE or PVP.. but the community and how people talk to each other.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What comes around, goes around. Folk who ask for help, information and advice will get it. Folk who demand hand outs, less so, if someone has had a bad experience on Europa, I think they should look hard at their own attitude and ask if they got back what they gave out.

I'll help whenever I can, and most Europa players are the same - but there have been times a player seems to think we all only play for his convenience and we should drop whatever we're doing at his every whim. That type of player will find there is a limit to our indulgence, and rightly so I think.

I have played occasionally on other shards, and usually found the same, if you ask for help the right way, you'll usually get it.

Merth

Journeyman
I like Europa. My typical play time is right before server down and right after server up so I have very little interaction if any with the community but thats ok. It gives me opportunities to go most anywhere without fighting a crowd. The drawback is not having a group to play with. I also find its hard to find stuff like powerscrolls since no one is on selling. Im a gm looter so I grab most loot and just recycle but i drop all 20% lrc and 100+ luck items on my vendor at whatever price the vendor picks. I might be losing money doing this but I do it in the hopes that someone starting out can build a begginers suit for cheap. Everything sells within a few days so hopefully someone is benefitting.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree with Petra, Europa has a lot of nice people and generally the community helps new players out, I know a few people who like to go to Haven just to check if anybody needs help. Atlantic is just not for me, I think you have to be a certain type of person to enjoy it there and I'm not that person.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I agree that Europa is far than dead: there is a lot of RPG activity and EM Sarah recently started an interesting PvM Story Arc, in which one can go battling Bosses with a fairly decent number of other Toons (none of which appear to be anymore a multiboxer, as it was even only a year ago before BS started to pull the plug on "cheaters") without being kicked out of the game as frequently happens in EM Events on ATL.

I must agree however too with the fact that the Shard is a little low on decently supplied Vendors, so, if one don't have SSs, it can became VERY costly to bring one Toons up and equip them in a decent way.

Another thing to add is that some of the Japan Shards have too a more than numerically decent pop. AAMOF they are the only one, beside ATL, that are frequently enough marked as High in the login scren. The only drawback is, obviously, the INSANE Lag...:eek::)

Last edited: