• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Howdy!

• Thread starter Hattori Goeman
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
H

Hattori Goeman

Howdy
i'm from the UK and am coming to europa pretty soon and just wanted to introduce myself. I just wanted to know a few things, how many average players are playing on europa? i know this is a bit of a horrible question and i'm sorry for this
and also the guilds on the guild thread forums are pretty bare
do people just dislike forums or are those guilds no longer around?

thanks and hopefully see you shortly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Howdy
i'm from the UK and am coming to europa pretty soon and just wanted to introduce myself. I just wanted to know a few things, how many average players are playing on europa? i know this is a bit of a horrible question and i'm sorry for this
and also the guilds on the guild thread forums are pretty bare
do people just dislike forums or are those guilds no longer around?

thanks and hopefully see you shortly

[/ QUOTE ]

hey there. there are still lots of people playing europa, and lots of guilds. i don't know why the other guilds don't use the guild forums - i don't because i looked at the date of the last post and decided here would be the better place to hang out!
europa is a good shard with mostly friendly folk. hope we'll see you ingame and having fun soon

G

<blockquote><hr>

The guild forums here on stratics are hardly used. A guild i can recommend if you dont RP is Saor - they mainly recruit new players and returning players. Are a great group to be around and have plenty of activity going on.

I could also recommend my guild but that would be slightly unfair

[/ QUOTE ]

*hugs kayne*

H

Hattori Goeman

Thankyou all for the hasty replies! i should be getting my bank account sorted in the next week and i can't wait to start playing ^_^ hehe i did in fact notice your guild post in the europa guild forum post and i think i'll shop around for guilds as i like to have a long term guild i can actually contribute too and one i can be enthusiastic about
(sorry if I sound rude,but i don't want to be a guild jumper ^^) ooh and i have one more question to pitch to you! i was just wondering if the advanced character tokens given out with UO: The Eighth Age are still viable to redeem ingame? i realised i had one today and got a little excited but its ok if they've run out or anything like that

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thankyou all for the hasty replies! i should be getting my bank account sorted in the next week and i can't wait to start playing ^_^ hehe i did in fact notice your guild post in the europa guild forum post and i think i'll shop around for guilds as i like to have a long term guild i can actually contribute too and one i can be enthusiastic about
(sorry if I sound rude,but i don't want to be a guild jumper ^^) ooh and i have one more question to pitch to you! i was just wondering if the advanced character tokens given out with UO: The Eighth Age are still viable to redeem ingame? i realised i had one today and got a little excited but its ok if they've run out or anything like that

[/ QUOTE ]

so far as i know, the tokens can still be used, and are still available on vendors, for vast amounts of gold!
if you want to come along and say hello, drop me a line. even if you don't want to join, we'll be happy to show you around some and help you get settled

H

Hattori Goeman

wow! you all seem really really nice!! i'm guessing the red's aren't as great ^_^ and hehe :O! wow... i am very interested in vast amounts of gold for some reason....i'll take you up on that and hopefully some day i'll repay you. i was just wondering i've played free shards for like the last 2 years (sorry sorry!) and decieded it was time for me to try osi. is there anything i should really really know about for the switch?

G

i know im biaised but i feel europa is the nicest shard in uo.
great peoople even in pvp

H

Hattori Goeman

<blockquote><hr>

hey no dissing of the local reds

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahaha well i'll have to get it out somewhere, i could try in game but i think it would involve a lot of fame-sacrifice...
and great to hear! ^_^ i'm really glad i'm playing a popular shard with my own timezone and its really good to get all this feedback in such a short space of time! thanks for the replies everyone ^^

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa is a really nice shard, lots of friendly boys and gals!

What sort of guild are you looking for? Tram? fell? both? RP?
Answer that question and im sure that the great comunity of europa can give ya a point in the right direction.

Feel free to visit United Champhunters of Europa's forum if your looking for a champ hunting guild.

H

Hattori Goeman

hehe i was sort of looking for a tram guild to start because i've never pvp'd before, i quite like the idea but i imagine i'm terrible considering i have no experience ^_^ but thankyou so much for the offer, i always got the impression osi pvpers were all d00d and "u suxxzorz!" ^_^ apparently not!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Feel free to visit &lt;a href="www.einert.org/uoboard/" target="_blank"&gt;United Champhunters of Europa's forum&lt;/a&gt; if your looking for a champ hunting guild.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol UCH board might be the worst trashtalking/flamewar board on the earth!

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Welcome to Europe Hattori, couldn't have picked a better shard! (We know, we are biased too... Though we play on DF and Atl as well)

H

Hattori Goeman

Thanks for the warm welcome tabby! i too share your love for 2d UO and was a little dissappointed to see that stygian abyss will be coming out close to the time of me playing and with no 2D capabilities announced at the moment *gasps dramtically* not something i would enjoy at all...

G

Come to cove and if sa doesnt support 2d then you will see the quickest demise of any mmorpg

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might consider Night Fall. We're always looking for good people.

You can read a little about us in the sticky Guild Recruitment and either contact me on ICQ or pm me if you'd like to know more.

Anne

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Feel free to visit &lt;a href="www.einert.org/uoboard/" target="_blank"&gt;United Champhunters of Europa's forum&lt;/a&gt; if your looking for a champ hunting guild.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol UCH board might be the worst trashtalking/flamewar board on the earth!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yeah your terrible right! Its one of the worst trashboards out there but i was rather trying to point him to the recruitment thread and not the trashtalk board ^^

Anyway Hotori feel free to vissit the trashboard if your looking for the "d00d u suxxzorz!" kinda players, i think youll find em there :p
There all nice folks though(at least a bunch of em^^).

H

Hattori Goeman

hahaha i did check out the UCH's forums and while did find some really nice posts with funny stories and what seemed to be nice people, there were a couple of d00ds out there who dominated a couple of threads with a bit of a tiff! hehe well like i've said previously, thanks for all the replies guys it really does show how good a shard is if the vet's will come out in force to support it and offer help to the little guys and i hope you're all proud of it ^^ and i'll check around the guilds again before i commit to one as i'll be in it for a while if they'll have me
i'll check out the rest of the UCH forum and the night fall recruitment post ASAP! thanks for the replies guys i think i might just like it here!

F

Fade[ED]

<blockquote><hr>

Also if you got some questions you can allways ask on www.wraiths.eu, a EU guild. We are nice people

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so here is the overview for europa, from an experienced pvper.

uch is a good and fun guild to join. although they are largely hated due to their anti-social late night harrowers and general mass of numbers. however, despite all this they are a nice bunch of people who maintain some honor in the europa pvp scene.

wraiths are a truly awful guild constantly sitting in the yew guard zone ganking 1 unlucky red or simply calling the guards. not a fun guild, and if you join them, any player with a clue will disregard you. also, for some reason those who join the wraiths get the same warped vision of pvp as the guild masters. honestly, if you join this guild you will never truly understand ultima pvp.

in my opinion, the best way to learn to pvp, is to make a suit that is ok, insure it, go to yew and NEVER call guards whilst being nice to everyone. within no time you will make friends with decent and wealthy pvpers who will be more than happy to set you up with a nice suit and some valuable pvp advice.
also, if you do this on europa and take a look at how the wraiths act, i am quite sure you would never join them.