• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Howdy Folks, returning player with a question or two....

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I wandered around ATL for a bit, came upon a nice little jut of land and with no problems a Log Cabin Fit. Haven't had the time yet to attempt a larger house, but how does that actually work? I mean, if I choose customize home, will it place the largest possible lot, or is it gonna rely on me to place a new foundation?

While I'm waiting for an answer, I think I will hit up a few different shards to see if anyone else has placed there and what they have placed. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Haz

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You have to manually pick the size you want to place, it doesn't do it automatically. So even if a 12x12 fits, if you choose 10x10 it will only place 10x10.

However, there is also a "resize" option where once you have placed the house you can re-place it by resizing. When you resize it reserves the land only for you, for 30 minutes, that way nobody else can run by and steal the house spot.

To resize it you have to stand outside the house near the house sign and say "I wish to resize this house", or possibly "I wish to resize my house" I don't remember which it is.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you choose customize from the house menu on a pre-built it will replace with a custom plot of the same size and shape. I did that many years ago with a tower, turning it into a 14 x 16 plot. Resize acts like a demolish, anything in the house will be thrown under the house sign and unsecured, but it does allow you to place a larger plot, if there is enough space in the area for it.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks folks, appreciate the input,

Hit up a few other shards yesterday and there is not a home on my plot so I have no comparison to make. It's such a nice location, I hope I can place a bit bigger on it. Maybe test center today to continue to try to place a larger building on it and will continue to look elsewhere as well. I can still place on test without incurring problems with the placement on ATL, correct?

Captn and Petra, I remember both of you from long long ago. Nice to see you both again, and thanks.

Haz
DM
Xaco
Parrot

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, you're fine test placing on Test center, it won't affect Atlantic.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You may also place a house on Siege in addition to test and atlantic.