• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Howdy all, I'm interested in trying siege out

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Er, what the title said. I want to give siege a try. I'm wondering what the best way to start is, and what kind of characters are useful on siege? I have two accounts, so I could start two characters.

Also, I should note... I have very little PvP experience. I'm willing to learn, but... well... useless right now.

G

*smiles* Plenty of options are available to you. Be sure to read the sticky threads above. Welcome. Have fun and die hard.

G

You don't have to be good at pvp. I'm totally hopeless at it, so I made a crafter.

As long as you can take deaths in your stride, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and carry on undeterred you'll do fine.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

You don't have to be good at pvp. I'm totally hopeless at it, so I made a crafter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well can you plz craft some parasitic poison, please?!?!?

G

Any sort of character is useful. There is obviously a lot of PvP here, PvM is even more common, and crafters are quite viable because of the Siege ruleset. So play what you like best really.

And be sure to look into the NEW guild.

G

tailor/smith/carpenter/armslore/mining/lumber/80 tinker.

Sorry no alchemy.

If they ever allow 2 slots on Siege I'll make one with alchemy/bowcraft/inscription/lumber/magery/fishing/cooking

G

Whatever you decide to play, I suggest starting with magery. It's just so so useful.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

And be sure to look into the NEW guild.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

May I reccommend starting out as a dexxer if you haven't thought of that already. Atleast until you can make some gold.

Dexxers are fairly inexpensive and all the skills can be trained VERY easily. You shouldn't have to much of a problem getting up to RoT in all, or most all, of your skills in 2-3 hours MAX.

I also reccommend getting bushido, simply because you'll have a high survivability... and what is it, 1000 luck bonus for an honored target that you kill? (not sure, but I do believe that's how it works). Plus honorable execution will recharge your stats so you'll be able to constantly be fighting.

Just something to think about, because spell casting costs alot of gold.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

May I reccommend starting out as a dexxer if you haven't thought of that already. Atleast until you can make some gold.

Dexxers are fairly inexpensive and all the skills can be trained VERY easily. You shouldn't have to much of a problem getting up to RoT in all, or most all, of your skills in 2-3 hours MAX.

I also reccommend getting bushido, simply because you'll have a high survivability... and what is it, 1000 luck bonus for an honored target that you kill? (not sure, but I do believe that's how it works). Plus honorable execution will recharge your stats so you'll be able to constantly be fighting.

Just something to think about, because spell casting costs alot of gold.

[/ QUOTE ]
NEW will hook people up with lrc suits for training, making spell casting free:)

G

True, in that case then get a wand (start out with 30+ magery) and start hitting the 6 gold fighters in jhelem.

If things haven't changed that much, as long as your magery is higher then the weapon skill with -magery you are holding... You'll gain magery much like a weapon skill (alot faster then without)

*edit*
Don't forget to hire the fighters, have them attack you (and then say all stop, all guard me). If you do it in that order they wont attack you back when you hit them, which is good unless you are also training parry.
Start by hiring
6 gold wrestlers 30-60
8 gold wrestlers 60-75
7 gold fighters (with weapons) 75-90

You can easily get to 30 skill by hitting sheep, goats, dogs, and of course cats... and hinds as you get closer to 30.

G

<blockquote><hr>

True, in that case then get a wand (start out with 30+ magery) and start hitting the 6 gold fighters in jhelem.

If things haven't changed that much, as long as your magery is higher then the weapon skill with -magery you are holding... You'll gain magery much like a weapon skill (alot faster then without)

*edit*
Don't forget to hire the fighters, have them attack you (and then say all stop, all guard me). If you do it in that order they wont attack you back when you hit them, which is good unless you are also training parry.
Start by hiring
6 gold wrestlers 30-60
8 gold wrestlers 60-75

You can easily get to 30 skill by hitting sheep, goats, dogs, and of course cats... and hinds as you get closer to 30.

[/ QUOTE ]
No one when starting on siege should take mage points. Start with 0 mage hold a neg SC wand and either use scrolls or LRC. You should gain off fails untill 25, but that goes for most skills. Mage on siege is incredibly easy and cheap to train especialy with NEW around...0 to 70.1 in 2-3 hours and if you sit at luna bank doing it you will get to meet quite a few of sieges regulars.

I

imported_Mr. Sly

Make a thief and everything 12 stone or less belongs to u for free :&gt;

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

Er, what the title said. I want to give siege a try. I'm wondering what the best way to start is, and what kind of characters are useful on siege? I have two accounts, so I could start two characters.

Also, I should note... I have very little PvP experience. I'm willing to learn, but... well... useless right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome!
All characters are useful on siege. Build characters that you will enjoy playing. Regardless of what most think, you do not have to pvp to enjoy siege. I have three characters and not one of them pvps...well at least not voluntarily. The best skills to start with are magery, hiding, and running...

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

also reccommend getting bushido, simply because you'll have a high survivability... and what is it, 1000 luck bonus for an honored target that you kill? (not sure, but I do believe that's how it works).

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you plz explain this in more detail to a vet noob like myself?

G

also im selling some accounts in case you rather want to just start playing instead of training 2-6 months. in case you interested, just send me an icq.

G

You sound much like me when I came here a little over a year ago. I played in Trammle my whole AO life (Atlantic). I had zero PVP expereince (which still shows). But I would never go back. This is so much more fun.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*edit*
Start by hiring
6 gold wrestlers 30-60
8 gold wrestlers 60-75

[/ QUOTE ]
No one when starting on siege should take mage points. Start with 0 mage hold a neg SC wand and either use scrolls or LRC. You should gain off fails untill 25, but that goes for most skills. Mage on siege is incredibly easy and cheap to train especialy with NEW around...0 to 70.1 in 2-3 hours and if you sit at luna bank doing it you will get to meet quite a few of sieges regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being new to Siege myself I can agree with this. Magery is really easy to train. Start off with a harder to train skill instead.

I trained two mages to 70.0 in one day, then did RoT to 80.0 in 3 days then trained them to GM over the next 10 days. Then I went back and have been training their eval, med and other skills. Getting to GM magery first though made me feel like I accomplished something.

B

BennosMorales

While crafting and PvP'n are the mainstream on siege, don't forget there are others who search the world for treasures buried deep within the crusted earth.

The Treasure Hunters of Britania would surely welcome those in search of the fun and excitement and best of all, the treasure. With all who can pay a little gold for the experience, you are welcome too.

Welcome to Siege!

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, that was a huge amount of replies I didn't expect, thanks for the feedback!

I heard alot about having magery on at least one character. I take it that's because gate is the only transporting spell on siege, right?

Crafting wise... are leather suits in high demand on siege?

Is there a template that works for both PvP and PvM with the item differences on siege, or am I going to have to just choose one and stick with it?

Thanks again!

G

Thanks for appreciating the community support/interest.
First: Get thee into NEW with one account that you will enjoy playing while training, you can always erase the char and start a new one with what you farmed and what you learned.
Second: Ping/ computer / RL intrusions all will seriously impact your game play on siege.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wow, that was a huge amount of replies I didn't expect, thanks for the feedback!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great bonus that comes with being part of the SP community. The busiest and best boards!

N

Noc

Just no references to excessive drinking, and/or polka dancing and you'll fit in.