• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How would you handle it?

L

linko50

I have two good size houses, inside the walls at luna on baja, they are side by side, and i also still own a castle in fel on baja.... what i am trying to do is to liquidate everything to move to Atlantic because of the population there....
i need to minimize how much i take over there, which means i cant carry ALL the stuff i have, and i have a TON..... i also dont want to spend a year selling everything.... how would you handle this?

Edit: I am not asking for bids, just suggestions please

D

Desolation87

Become a legend on Baja, and give it all away for free!!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fire sale, first off... load up your vendors with all that stuff that you looked at and said "someday I might need this..."

then, three accounts x 7 characters, each with a bankbox, a backpack and 2(?) packies could get a buncha stuff over on transfers..... costly, but an option if you're not in a hurry... and I'm guessin' the sale of two Luna homes might cover the costs of transfer :)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow if i had a luna house i wouldn tmove anywhere.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can fill up a character's bankbox and backpack and also up to five unstabled pack animals. (Whether you can take 5 depends on what else you have unstabled.) That adds up to at least 875 items, maybe a little more if you've done the upgrade to get more bankbox storage.

Don't forget though that you can apparently only transfer one character per account within a 24 hour period.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exactly what devils own said.

i'd sort everything you have, sell off what you don't need, & stack as much as you can.

i always try to put as many resources as i can into commodity deed form, only because that makes them immensely lighter, although you can only store 60k of each resource on each commodity deed.

put the lightest stuff in each char's backpacks (125 items per pack, although leave enough room for the transfer token itself & your runebooks, etc.).

if you have the storage upgrade, you can put 150 of your heavier items in each char's bank box (125 items without storage increase).

i have never transferred with more than one packy, so i don't know if you can have more than 2, but that sounds about right, with stable slots and all. they don't need to be bonded, imo. just make sure when you land on your new shard, NOT to claim them from the transfer menu until you're safely inside your new house OR at your bank. i've lost MORE THAN ONE stupid packy on the walk between umbra bank and my umbra house, due to a vampire bat attacking and the stupid packie trying to kill it even when i yell all follow me and then dying and then i'm SCREWED and have to scramble to get all the stuff out of it's pack and into my house without people stealing it or the corpse decaying. didn't know until last year that you don't have to claim the pets right away, that you can claim them once you're inside your new house - duh to me! anyways, it's good to know.

depending on how much you have to move, i can't see how you wouldn't be able to move it all with 7 characters each with a full bank, full backpack and full packies...
good luck! and (you probably know) you can only transfer one char within each 24 hour period. a MAJOR PAIN when you're trying to transfer your entire account from one shard to another.

eve

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did something similar a year or so ago.... i chose one char from each account (4) and got enough soulstone frags to take the gm and/or legendary skills of the characters i was not moving. you will need some stat scrolls, but replacing characters may be less expensive than transferring all of them. gold was a deciding factor in my case.

things that weighed a lot, went in bank boxes(125 items of great weight!), and each transfer token lets you take animals in stable plus five pack animals plus your backpack full. that is a lot of "stuff."

I would think a couple of auctions would clear out things you can survive without... just takes a hell of a lot of counting and planning and packing. Also, i suggest you not transfer all the characters you plan on transferring at one time. It is amazing what things you will find you truly miss when you get to the new location and if you have one character remaining on the old shard for a week or so, you will have an opportunity to have that character bring over what you miss.

written in haste.... hope it makes sense and the grammar is at least minimally acceptable.

good luck.... :)

L

linko50

so far the option is selling off a vendor, but i am not sure i want to transfer it in gold, Items may be a smarter way to go, like artys, then sell them once i get a good house there, or something.... and as far as the "i might someday use this" items... those are the things i can never seem to get rid of.... i could probably change my name to pack rat....
i cant even seem to turn in gift items, because of the "one day these might be worth something" feeling :( i seem to be stuck between a rock and a desolate place

L

love2winalot

Hail: Just a reminder, you can not stable pak animals with stuff in their pak. If bank is full, back pak is full, "Yes you can be over weight", and pak animal pak is full, WHERE WILL YOU UNLOAD ALL THE STUFF AT? :confused:

L

Loqucious

Just bear in mind you will need a TON of gold on ATL. I know I play most shards, but I'm always on Napa and ATL, and I can tell you for sure that ATL is very expensive. Specially if you are going to try and get a castle there.

L

linko50

Just bear in mind you will need a TON of gold on ATL. I know I play most shards, but I'm always on Napa and ATL, and I can tell you for sure that ATL is very expensive. Specially if you are going to try and get a castle there.
so selling two luna houses side by side, and a castle, plus whatever else i have, plus the 200 mil enough to get a luna house there? cause i am not sure i want a castle, luna is accessable, and good for vendors

L

Loqucious

so selling two luna houses side by side, and a castle, plus whatever else i have, plus the 200 mil enough to get a luna house there? cause i am not sure i want a castle, luna is accessable, and good for vendors
I know someone just paid $1,300 real money for a luna house. I am honestly not sure that you can get a Luna house for 200 mil.

T

Tazar

900Mil was the last asking price for a small Luna plot on Atlantic.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i briefly played around with the idea of buying a luna house on atlantic a few months ago. the first one i was interested in sold for $3000. the owner of the other two (the really small ones on your right as you run up the path to the luna moongate - in other words PRIME real estate) laughed when i offered $2000 for one (!)
i honestly thought i'd be able to buy a luna house on atlantic for (at the MOST) $600! but apparently you need at least 5 times that in order to have a chance of getting one... just bear that in mind before moving to atlantic, if you're set on buying a luna house. i opted instead to rent a vendor spot in luna. and used the money i was going to spend on a luna house to buy a brand new digital SLR camera :D a much better investment methinks... and about half the price.

L

linko50

i really dont think i would be that interested in owning a luna house, the ones i have now are simply for storage for the most part, which is probably a waste, but i am selling them, i may just buy a castle or even a keep would do fine. so long as they are in good locations, not even necisarilly around luna, just usefull locations

E

Emil IsTemp

Luna is next on the list of cities to destroy.. your right to get out now! hehe.. what i would like to see, somthing like the "bring a friend to britannia" reward back in 2002.. Think there was a castle raffle, and anyone who brought a friend was put on the list. Lets destroy Luna, and place a raffle castle where it used to be.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail: Just a reminder, you can not stable pak animals with stuff in their pak. If bank is full, back pak is full, "Yes you can be over weight", and pak animal pak is full, WHERE WILL YOU UNLOAD ALL THE STUFF AT? :confused:
When you arrive at your destination shard, your bankbox is automatically "loaded" from your transfer crate. Your stabled pets are also automatically stabled for you from the transfer crate. After that you have a week to take things out of the transfer crate. You access the transfer crate from the context menu for your character (i.e., click on your character and select Transfer Crate from the dropdown menu). Your backpack is a separate container in the Transfer Crate and each unstabled pet is a separate item in the Transfer Crate.

You can move items individually out of the backpack in the Transfer Crate to your paperdoll backpack. This means that if you transferred with a lot of items in your backpack, you do not have to unload them from the Transfer Crate until you get to the house where you want to store your stuff. However, if you need them, you can definitely take things like spell books, rune books, etc. out of your Transfer Crate backpack and put them in your paperdoll backpack. Anything you leave in the Transfer Crate is permanently deleted after a week, so if you've got stupid quest items stuck in your backpack, leaving them in the Transfer Crate certainly works as a way to get rid of them if you've been too lazy to ask a GM to take them out for you.

The unstabled animals you transferred with are also in the Transfer Crate and look like ethies or "stuffies." You can't access their backpacks without unloading them. So what you do is get your character to the new house and then take each pack animal out of the Transfer Crate one at a time and unload its backpack. Consider giving each pack animal a descriptive name before you transfer so you have a good idea of which one has what when it comes time to unload them. You have a week to get the unstabled animals out of the Transfer Crate or they will be permanently deleted.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know someone just paid $1,300 real money for a luna house. I am honestly not sure that you can get a Luna house for 200 mil.

I would not pay even 1$ in real money for anything in UO rolleyes: for me everything must be earned "in game" (except i bought the expansions, of course :heart:

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id sell off everything that wasnt worth xfering over. Pile as much as you can in the banks of your chars and packy them up. Good luck.

They should make a shard xfer token, where you xfer all the chars on one shard to another.