• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How would you feel about . . .

Would you purchase replica EM Event items from the UO Store

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:scholar:Replicas of EM items from all shards being sold in the UO store, with the <replica> tag obviously.
This way you could own a replica of whatever EM item you want and at the same time the real items would retain their value. I have been researching and this a COMMON practice in other games. I see it as a win -win. The players win because they can own a replica of some EM pixel crack, and UO wins because it gets a revenue flow. I am sure the replica Bunny painting (the hilaribad one) would sell like pancakes! Heck, I'd even buy one for a laugh. The best part is people would be buying so many sovereigns, Mesanna could add a 100,000 sovereign pack for $100. More revenue means more staff/stuff for UO. This could be a VERY GOOD
idea for UO. :cheerleader::banana::cheerleader::danceb::cheerleader::banana::cheerleader::danceb::cheerleader::banana::cheerleader::danceb::cheerleader:

So what does the people think?

Waits for :flame:

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd rather see them for sale for GOLD, server bound and replica tag. Bad enough we already have to wait between searches in the current in game store.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs would have to add each one to the item database.

If you didn't include all of them, which would get included? Who would get/have to decide what's "desirable" or not?

At 27 shards x 1 drop per EM a month = it's ~29 drops a month (GL and Atl have 2 EMs) x 12 months a year = so ~348 drops per year. These would have to be added with the quarterly publishes. I feel confident that @Kyronix would give that an ardent FRACK NO. I couldn't blame him.

A store addition like this would do better to reintroduce past global event drops that can't be acquired anymore.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would rather buy a Clicky from the UO Store, that lets me lock it down in my house and click it after every EM event, so I don't have to be bothered to either travel to the event, or to town after. :gee:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would rather buy a Clicky from the UO Store, that lets me lock it down in my house and click it after every EM event, so I don't have to be bothered to either travel to the event, or to town after. :gee:
lazybutton.png

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
replica
The devs would have to add each one to the item database.

If you didn't include all of them, which would get included? Who would get/have to decide what's "desirable" or not?

At 27 shards x 1 drop per EM a month = it's ~29 drops a month (GL and Atl have 2 EMs) x 12 months a year = so ~348 drops per year. These would have to be added with the quarterly publishes. I feel confident that @Kyronix would give that an ardent FRACK NO. I couldn't blame him.

A store addition like this would do better to reintroduce past global event drops that can't be acquired anymore.
You have a point. My thought would to automate the addition of event drop to database. Once an item is created, it goes into the database with a replica switch. (or some that would indicate that item is 1. event item replica and would be add to store at a set price.)

I know there is probably a million things that could go wrong with this scenario. After all this is just a discussion.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they do that can they also add "replica" to anything else they add or have added to the store like the mini house deeds? *Holds breath*