How useful is discordance?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
W

Wash

Hey all,

Finally starting a tamer/bard and my template for sure will have:

120 taming
110 animal lore
100 vet
60 magery (85 after mods)

But I want to know how discordance will work since musicianship and peacemaking seem like more of a priority. I know discorance gives -1% per five skill points I have, but is it less reliable? For instance, is 100 discord for -20% more successful than 70 discord for -14%? Is the amount of weakening the only variable, or is success also a variable?

I only have a 700 cap, so if I'm going 120 musician 120 peace I can only have 70 discord. What would you all recommend, keeping in mind the ultimate goal of taming cu sidhe and hiryus?

W

Wash

Hey all,

Finally starting a tamer/bard and my template for sure will have:

120 taming
110 animal lore
100 vet
60 magery (85 after mods)

But I want to know how discordance will work since musicianship and peacemaking seem like more of a priority. I know discorance gives -1% per five skill points I have, but is it less reliable? For instance, is 100 discord for -20% more successful than 70 discord for -14%? Is the amount of weakening the only variable, or is success also a variable?

I only have a 700 cap, so if I'm going 120 musician 120 peace I can only have 70 discord. What would you all recommend, keeping in mind the ultimate goal of taming cu sidhe and hiryus?

P

Prudentis

For taming Cus or Hiryus you don't need anything other than high taming skills since they only do damage up close. You can lead-tame them perfectly.
If you want to be able to tame greater dragons without honor virtue by yourself, than I would take peace. If you want to just take your pets fighting and support them, disco or provo are more helpful in my eyes.
You can always put peace on a stone and pull it out for taming and swap it for disco/provo if you go out fighting.

I cannot give you an answer about the success rate, Frarc is your friend here, since he has a 120/120 peacer
I would guess, that higher disco will let you succeed more often

P

Prudentis

For taming Cus or Hiryus you don't need anything other than high taming skills since they only do damage up close. You can lead-tame them perfectly.
If you want to be able to tame greater dragons without honor virtue by yourself, than I would take peace. If you want to just take your pets fighting and support them, disco or provo are more helpful in my eyes.
You can always put peace on a stone and pull it out for taming and swap it for disco/provo if you go out fighting.

I cannot give you an answer about the success rate, Frarc is your friend here, since he has a 120/120 peacer
I would guess, that higher disco will let you succeed more often

C

Conrad99

For fighting Discord is awsome. You can rip through a monster a lot faster and the monster does less damage to your pet.

For taming peace is good.

I have both and when I am out fighting with my pets I use discord.

I do not use peace at all when fighting because sometimes it brekas the agro on the monster and it retargets me.

When I go taming, I soulstone out the discord for peace.

G

Disco is very nice to have.I hated the idea of having to pull a skill off a stone whenever I wanted to use it,heres what I did with my tamer with 700 skill points.

120 Tame
120 lore
100 vet
120 music
120 peace
120 disco
100 magery

Granted this template is very item dependant,but it gives me everything I could need in one charecter.

Real skill looks like this.

85.5 tame
105 lore
100 vet
85 magery
110 music
114 peace
100.4 disco

I use tamer`s Mark of Travesty,Birds of britannia talisman,song soven mantle for sleeves,a ring with 11 peace 8 disco 13 tame and a brace with13 disco 9 tame and fc 1 to accomplish this.Also sportin aof,britches,mittens and magi pendant.

I know this could and will be tweaked as time goes by,but for my first char not yet 8 months old,not to bad imo.Hope this gives ya sum idea`s of the possabilities using certain items.

Disco makes almost anything killable with a supa drag and well worth the trouble of working it into a tamer template imo.

G

I personally have discord and peace. When taming I use peace and leave discord on stone. When fighting id rather have discord.

G

I'd take disco over peace with those pets you're planning to tame. Whenever someone has peaced a cu for me it never stuck long enough to bother with. Hiryu are relatively easy to tame on full health too.

If you are worried about taming bigger critters, you can always embrace honor, or even take up spellweaving so you get gift of life. I love self-resing :p

The other reason I'd choose disco around cu sidhe is to pull down the paragon ones a bit while trying to kill them. And to help kill changelings too

Wenchy

A

Antion_Vallin

Discord to a Tamer is like Consicrate Weapon is to a Paladine.

R

rlpederson1102

Off the subject, can someone plz explain to me how to use a soulstone. Got one for a 1 year reward, but don't know how to use it.

C

Crie

First you must have the stone in your house.
For the skill you want to put on the stone you must set the arrow to down in the skill menu.
Then click the stone and you got options to choose from for what skill you want to place there. Just select the desired skill and click and it will transfer to the stone.

To pick up a skill from the stone you have to set the skill arrow to up in your skill menu. Then use the stone and select the skill and it will be transferd to your character you currently are loged in whit.

The stone have a cooldown for 24 hours. So you can only place and pickup one skill each 24 hour. And the stone can only hold one type of skill at a time.

Iam not sure if the stone can hold skills that is above 100. I never tryed that.